PDA

View Full Version : Henna info wanted

merseaone
June 13th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Years ago I use to use this Henna shampoo and conditioner that brightened and lightened my hair and loved it. When I stopped using it my hair went back to its normal color. Haven't been able to find it since. Does anyone know of a henna shampoo/conditioner like this?

Also, I know peeps here use henna to color their hair. Does it damage your hair? Does it have to be grown out or does it fade away?

SpeakingEZ
June 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I've never heard of henna shampoo bars, but body art quality henna is actually good for your hair, not damaging. Many girls use it just for the hydrating and strengthening benefits. It doesn't fade out, though, except maybe very slightly. Very permanent.

Themyst
June 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
A paste made from natural henna powder strengthens your hair - but it has to grow out, it doesn't fade. It is definitely a commitment.

sweet*things
June 15th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I recently saw this henna shampoo, but I've never tried it, so not sure of the results. I vaguely recall using, and liking, commercial "henna" shampoos when I was a teen, so I guess they've been available off and on for a while.

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/browse/Home/Apothecary/Hair-Care/Henna-Shampoo/D/30100/P/1:100:1000:10070/I/f13099?evar3=BROWSE

strwbrry dakri
June 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I have seen shampoo and conditioner on this website:

http://www.richardswholefoods.com/search_results.asp?txtPFSearch=henna&ddlPFBrand=-1&ddlPFCat=-1&storeID=1FQSSEQX5CS92J2000AKHMCCQ259DGG9&blnPFS=1

But, I haven't actually used it.

(How do I get that to become a hyperlink?)

strwbrry dakri
June 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Oh, never mind. It did it all by itself!

lastnite
June 15th, 2010, 04:18 PM
it's interesting they put henna in shampoo and conditioners...I thought it was the dye in henna that conditioned hair, which would be gone after being processed and sitting in shampoo for weeks. :confused:

ChloeDharma
June 15th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I often use HASON Henna HiLights shampoo and conditioner which seems to do well on my hair.....but i can't really say how it effects the colour i'm affraid.

LawyerGirl
June 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Interesting... I didn't think henna could lighten hair?

twilight_faerie
June 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Interesting... I didn't think henna could lighten hair?

It can't. It can only make your hair darker.