PDA

View Full Version : English braid

Peter
June 13th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I've been having this problem with my braids for a while and was wondering if anyone knew why... If I do the first few crossovers tight/snug, one of the three strands ends up longer than the other two, so I have to leave a long tassel. If the first few crossovers are done loosely, then the ends of each strand line up and the end of the braid looks a lot nicer. Does anyone know what I can do to get a proper tight braid? My hemline is pretty close to blunt, by the way.

Thanks!

Purdy Bear
June 13th, 2010, 10:11 AM
If you have long hair, it could be when you take the braid over the shoulder to braid in front. I used to have this problem, I would get a sort of dent on the braid and one end would be uneven.

It just takes practice to over come, and making sure you have a good firm grip when taking the braid over the shoulder.

GoddesJourney
June 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Here's a test... Braid over the other shoulder and see if it goes the opposite way. That's how you know. :D By the way, your braids are absolutely gorgeous, crooked or not.

Gumball
June 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Does that little effect happen when you use the exact same sections as the snug beginning braid, not spending the time to resection? That would be a good place to start sleuthing from. If it happens when you resection you might just be getting lucky!

rusika1
June 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Mine do that when I make a Dianlya braid. The top section is always longer than the two side sections. Since I prefer a nice tight braid, I just live with it--and try to make sure I stop with the longer section in the middle instead of on either of the sides.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful at all.