PDA

View Full Version : What's your mini goal?

countryhopper
June 13th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I'm currently at 21'' (well, after a recent trim maybe it's a bit shorter, like 20.5 or 20.75, but I just can't bear to go backwards with numbers, you know?? :D)

Anyhow, my next mini goal is to get to BSL, which is at 25" for me. I was getting an inch growth every month for about 3 months, last month I only got half an inch, so I hope to reach my mini goal between 4-8 months. Let's just say by December. That should be a happy medium. From there I'd like to keep growing, maybe to waist, but not sure yet.

1) What's your next mini goal? (It doesn't have to be growth related; it could even be something like improving a hair care routine or giving up heat styling products, ANYTHING!!)

2) How long do you expect it wil take to reach your mini goal?

IndigoAsh
June 13th, 2010, 05:54 AM
My mini goal is mid butt. I'm like right at TB right now and I seem to be in a growth stall or something. It might take me to the end of next year to reach my goal.

Pixna
June 13th, 2010, 05:59 AM
My mini goal is to get solidly to BSL, which I expect to be at by the end of this summer. I'm almost there now, but only if I stretch my hair straight. Oddly, APL and BSL are incredibly close on me, probably because I'm short. I wonder if any other shorties (in stature, not hair) are similar in that way. Maybe by the time I get to TB I'll be very close to knee length! :lol:

vanity_acefake
I am just below bsl and my mini goal is waist. Grow hair grow!

Siava
I'm a couple of inches past BSL and could use a 4 inch chop to get rid of some old dyed damaged ends. I'd like to get to waist first just for the heck of it before cutting it off. Who knows...I might keep going once there if cutting that much off proves to be too traumatic. *grin*

countryhopper
June 13th, 2010, 06:07 AM
My mini goal is to get solidly to BSL, which I expect to be at by the end of this summer. I'm almost there now, but only if I stretch my hair straight. Oddly, APL and BSL are incredibly close on me, probably because I'm short. I wonder if any other shorties (in stature, not hair) are similar in that way. Maybe by the time I get to TB I'll be very close to knee length! :lol:

I'm 5'1'', so I have the same problem! APL and BSL are just a few (maybe 4 or 5) inches in difference, depending on if I'm measuring above or below BSL. Although I know my hair is growing from my monthly measurements, it seems to appear to be just at APL, while also looking to be not too far off from BSL! It's like an optical illusion!

freckles
June 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
My minigoal is to be at waist. I've thought I would be there every month for the last few months and it's driving me mad :p

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Ahhh, I can only look at envy on all of your posts about BSL and APL....my sad hair is really short right now.

My mini goal is for my canopy and longest layers to reach the tops of my ears, and for my lower layers to cover my ears.

myrrhmaiden
June 13th, 2010, 06:57 AM
My mini goal is waist. That is 4 inches away. I should be there around January if all goes well.

Chestershire
June 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
BSL. I would be sooo happy :')
Right now I'm almost at APL

Loreley
June 13th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I'm not far from my goal length, it's only 5" away. My mini goal is 46", and after reaching that, my next mini goal will be 47", and so on... I hope I'll reach 46" by the end of July.

Sammich
June 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Belly button length at the front. :p Lol! Right now my hair from the front hangs a little below my breasts.

drquartz1970
June 13th, 2010, 07:35 AM
mini goal is to reach a solid mid-back length/nipple length by Xmas. that's about another 3 inches to go!

frillychantilly
June 13th, 2010, 07:40 AM
APL! I'm really not into fairytale ends, so i want to trim my hair soon, but that would be disrupting the growing process...
I had it dusted last month, and I have two options: Either I trim it now, or I trim it in september. (I am going on a trip all summer, and I am not planning to tim my hair there)

Can anyone help me choose?

IcarusBride
June 13th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I want to be solidly waist length (30 inches)! I am hoping to be there at the end of the summer.

tcheney91
June 13th, 2010, 08:42 AM
My next minigoal is hip! It's about 34-35" for me, so only 3-4" to go. Hopefully I get a big growth spurt this summer... but if I reach that by my birthday in November, I'll be a happy camper.

emmabovary
June 13th, 2010, 08:46 AM
My next mini goal is APL. I expect to be there in two months or so... but I might be too optimistic on this one :o

Me too! Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5097&pictureid=74134) you can see how close APL, BSL and waist all are on me. I'm 5.4" with a LONG torso, so I don't see why. I guess all the length is between waist and hip. :shrug:

BotticelliCurls
June 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
my mini goal would be 5 inches past my shoulders when left curly. It's a bit more then 2 inches past my shoulders right now:D

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
APL! I'm really not into fairytale ends, so i want to trim my hair soon, but that would be disrupting the growing process...
I had it dusted last month, and I have two options: Either I trim it now, or I trim it in september. (I am going on a trip all summer, and I am not planning to tim my hair there)

Can anyone help me choose?

I would wait until September to trim!

LadyLongLocks
June 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
My mini goal is reaching 60" and I am about 1/4" away! I have some hair that reaches, but I still need more hairs to feel like I really made it to 5ft! From there it is maintaining those ends that are needing to be trimmed every month. :scissors:There will be a mini goal every month then.
Always room for improvement!:)

Stephichan
June 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Ponytail length! I'm not sure when I'll reach it. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Theobroma
June 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Waist. I have about 9cm to go. If my hair keeps growing at last month's rate I'll reach it in early September or so, though I hardly dare to hope it'll happen that quickly!

jeanniet
June 13th, 2010, 10:08 AM
My mini goal is BSL, which I think is about 3" away. I'm only doing dustings and S & D for now, so hopefully it won't be too long of a journey!

jeanniet
June 13th, 2010, 10:12 AM
They're pretty close on me, too. I'd guess that APL to BSL is about 3", and then probably another 3-4" to waist at most. Won't know for sure until I get there, though!

Garnet66
June 13th, 2010, 11:40 AM
My minigoal is Shoulder Length. I need three more inches. Hopefully I'll get there sometime in December.

rach
June 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM
thick waist which means my v needs to be hip

Capybara
June 13th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm at BCL right now, but my next goal is true tailbone length :)

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Ponytail length! I'm not sure when I'll reach it. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Ooooh, me too. But I have a long way to go till then, so it's more of a BIG goal than a mini one for me! :)

little_cherry
June 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM
APL...around 4 inches away!

yvsa
June 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
My mini goal is not to trim my hair at least until november (that is a loooong time for me, I'm a "trimmer-addict) Hopefully my hair will be just about chin lenght by then.

Quixii
June 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Classic when curly. I reached classic when wet a little while ago, so I'm hoping classic when dry isn't too far off. I haven't really monitored how much my hair grows each month or how many inches classic will be, but I hope it gets pretty close by the end of the year.

HintOfMint
June 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I have a few mini goals.
1. Longest layer to waist
2. Shortest layer to BSL (currently at APL)
3. maintain at waist to even up the layers

*Aoife*
June 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Get to BSL. I thought I would be there by now but I'm not quite. I'm waiting 3 more days (my 1 year anniversary of joining LHC) to check though. I've only been roughly measuring by a glance over my shoulder before hopping in the shower. I'm well past BSL when wet though.

xladolcevitax
June 13th, 2010, 02:27 PM
My first mini goal is for all of my hair (except the shortest layer) to get past BSL... My hemline is slightly v-shaped so the shorter bits are still a bit above BSL.

I need about 2 inches of growth, so should get there in the next 4 months, so by October!

My next mini goal (actually its a big one) is to get to waist.

Its about 6 inches away so I should be there in June 2011!

Fingers crossed :)

ButterCream
June 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM
My mini goal while growing, is to get rid of the awfull layer I have! I have a layer that is barely touching my shoulders now, and want all my hair to be more even.
The layer makes my hair "thinner" as it isn`t long enough yet to really make a difference with my thickness when putting it up,,,
hateithateithateiiiit...:o
So growing it out! And that will take a loooong time! So, waiting and growing...

Kristin
June 13th, 2010, 03:14 PM
My minigoal is to be at waist. I've thought I would be there every month for the last few months and it's driving me mad :p

Me, too, Freckles. Now I'm just happy knowing it must be by the end of summer.

curlylocks85
June 13th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I need about 2 inches of growth, so should get there in the next 4 months, so by October!

I am with you, I need about 2 inches to reach APL curly. I Also hope to be there by October.

Yozhik
June 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Depending on how much moisture I put into my hair, and how much it subsequently curls, my length varies drastically :(. It's currently around 23 inches, though (longer than APL).

My mini-goal (which used to be my goal -- go LHC mania/mentality) is BSL, which I can stretch my hair to reach the top of now. I want full BSL wavy, though, which I estimate won't be until 1 year anniversary at LHC in September, or even a bit later.

fair isle
June 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Well BSL is my current not so mini goal but since it may be 6+ months before I reach that, my mini goal is being able to bun my hair without it wanting to immediately fall out (my hair is very slippery). I'm hoping a few inches will get me there. I would also like to stretch washes more than two days.

jaine
June 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
My mini goal is shoulder length - that's where it starts to look long to me!

gypsychild
June 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
My goal is to be able to get all of my hair in a ponytail without my shortest layer sticking out. That's about 2 inches, so 3-4 months.

jennylouwhoo
June 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
mini goal is to be past bsl I recently got to bsl but I feel like it wont go past it. Time frame seems to be about 2 months or so because I trim dye out each month.

mellie89
June 13th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Mine is BSL, which is only about 3" away. I should be there by the end of December, even if I get a small trim at some point before then. Just in time for Christmas and my birthday!

Cheeks1206
June 13th, 2010, 09:07 PM
My next mini-goal is BSL, also! I hope to be there, unstretched, by next March. Well, to be really truthful, I hope to be there before then, but you can never tell with curly hair! Unstretched I am solidly at APL, stretched I'm about 3 inches from BSL.

OperaTeacherMom
June 13th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Mini-goal is shoulder length while curly! It would be right there straight, but I never wear it straight so it doesn't matter lol.

aksown
June 13th, 2010, 09:36 PM
My mini goal is hip, in about six months. The majority of my hair will be that long in a couple years cause of the mega shed this past year :( but my longest hairs are about 3 inches short of hip. :D

Mae
June 13th, 2010, 09:47 PM
My mini goals are APL and the wear-hair-up-for-a-month challenge.

Arctic_Mama
June 14th, 2010, 12:26 AM
My next milestone is hip, but I have layered ends and so my mini-mini goal is for the thickest layers to all reach waist (maybe three months, tops, worth of growing?).

Kelly728
June 14th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hi all (newbie here :o)

My mini-goal is to get past the flip length. I am about .5 away from the flip starting, at which point I usually become frustrated and chop it to my chin.

Not sure how long flip length will last for me since I haven't made it that far!

twilight_faerie
June 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I don't really even know at this point. I could say hip, since that's my next stop, but currently I'm at waist and my hair is so damaged. Seriously, I have split ends up the wazoo. So I'm wondering if I should stay at waist for awhile and gradually trim off the damage...but, maybe not, because that'd take forever, since I have split ends all over my hair, including the many shorter pieces. Oh, bother.

hoolahooper
June 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I am doing WO, and think if my hair gets really shiny and fluffy, I may just grow my BS length to curve of back for the first time in my life.

countryhopper
June 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Welcome, kelly728!

I'd suggest learning how to do some updos for flip length so your hair doesn't annoy you enough to chop it :)

Do you know how to french and dutch braid? you should be able to do those at your length. Also peacock twists could be good... explore the hairstyle articles at the top of the page!

Lilacs
June 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
My mini goal is to get to bottom of TB length. Right now I'm at the top of TB length, and I'm guessing it'll take me the rest of the year.

Juneii
June 14th, 2010, 08:58 PM
minigoal is tailbone, and then classic, and then (maybe) knee/mid-thigh! :)

LawyerGirl
June 14th, 2010, 09:17 PM
My mini-goal is APL... maybe by Christmas?

Aurantia
June 14th, 2010, 09:25 PM
My first mini goal is waist, then waist with a blunt cut. My ultimate goal is classic... for now. :)

Jenn of Pence
June 14th, 2010, 09:33 PM
My mini-goal is BSL, but fortunately I'm close...should be there in a month or so I hope! :)

Debra83
June 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM
My next minigoal is hip! It's about 34-35" for me, so only 3-4" to go. Hopefully I get a big growth spurt this summer... but if I reach that by my birthday in November, I'll be a happy camper.

My mini goal is solid BSL, which I'm hoping to reach next month - we'll see. Then, tcheney91 has the length (and pretty much the texture) that is my end goal right now (waist). I'm always growing or chopping my bangs, so haven't made up my mind about them yet! I hope to be at waist by my birthday which is 4 days before Christmas. We'll see!

McFearless
June 15th, 2010, 01:23 AM
My goal is to reach full BSL when my curly hair is dry, unstretched. My ends reach BSL when wet but that doesn't really count.

I think it will take me until the end of the year at least..with all the layers I have.

Trixie33
June 15th, 2010, 07:10 AM
My mini goal is BSL and I hope to be there by the end of August. :knit:

Night_Kitten
June 15th, 2010, 07:36 AM
My mini goal is to reach 100cm, and with my avarage growth rate I should be there in about 5-6 months...

KahlanAmnell
June 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
My mini goal is waist, currently I'm just slightly longer than BSL. My guess is in 4-6 months or so I should be there. My hair does tend to grow quickly, so I'm hoping for sooner. My long term goal is closer to TB.

missjessiecakes
June 15th, 2010, 07:28 PM
My mini goal I suppose is shoulder and then collar bone I need two inches for the first and then an additional 1.5in for the second :)

Also I am trying to wear my hair up more so there is that

BrightEyes
June 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM
My mini goal is shoulder length. I'm hoping I'll be there by Sept-Oct.

Gabriel
June 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM
My mini goal is classic, about 40 inches on me.

Annushka
June 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Mine is to get to tailbone by my birthday (end of September). I have about 1.25 inches to go! :)

MAO
June 15th, 2010, 08:37 PM
After another spontaneous bleaching and chopping session(shouldn't I know better by now?!:rolleyes:) my mini goal is to get to chin length. Which I estimate to be around October.

Erika_92
November 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
My goal right now is to get my hair to pass my waist. It feels like I've been stucked here forever. My final goal is BCL

HumanBean
November 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
My mini goal would be a better washing routine. I've been doing CWC since joining here but find my scalp is noticeably flaky by day 3, when I used to be able to stretch washes every 5 days or so. But I do like the improvement in texture for the rest of my hair that the emphasis on conditioner has provided. So I'm not quite understanding what it is that I should try next. I am thinking oiling.

tori93
November 5th, 2011, 11:45 AM
my mini goal is APL, should be there about april/may

akilina
November 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
my mini goal is Apl : (( i cut off my bsl length hair in june because the ends were just so thin that it wasnt even worth keeping. so i cut it all off to above the shoulder but now its probably a good 2 1/2 inches past my collar bone

battles
November 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mini goal is APL.

moon2dove
November 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I have achieved my mini goal of BSL TODAY :)

My next goal is waist length :) :)

morrigan*
November 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I achieved BSL last month, so my next mini goal is waist :D, yay, i'm so excited

jojo
November 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
My mini goal is hip length which is 3" more growth for me and hopefully this time next year TBL would be a dream come true, time will tell!

I am in a growth spurt at the moment which is normal for me at this time of the year so I am hoping to reach hip by Feb/March though my under carriage is growing faster than my canopy which is really annoying, so will have to equal that out!

Maraz
November 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM
My goal is tailbone length without having to pull the longest curls straight. After that, it's still going to take awhile before the majority of my hair is solidly at tailbone, so this 'mini goal' of mine is probably going to take close to a year.

andreamuse
November 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
My mini goal is growing all my pixie cut layers to chin length! After that, everything will seem like a piece of cake! :)

MrsGuther
November 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm currently at 21'' (well, after a recent trim maybe it's a bit shorter, like 20.5 or 20.75, but I just can't bear to go backwards with numbers, you know?? :D)

Anyhow, my next mini goal is to get to BSL, which is at 25" for me. I was getting an inch growth every month for about 3 months, last month I only got half an inch, so I hope to reach my mini goal between 4-8 months. Let's just say by December. That should be a happy medium. From there I'd like to keep growing, maybe to waist, but not sure yet.

1) What's your next mini goal? (It doesn't have to be growth related; it could even be something like improving a hair care routine or giving up heat styling products, ANYTHING!!)

My next mini goal is to reach solid hip length. My hair just brushes the top of my hips, but to me it will feel hip length when it's maybe 2 inches longer.
My hair grows 3/4 in a month and I'm a non trimmer, so I expect it will take 2 and a half-ish to three months.

hanne jensen
November 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
My mini goal is to reach MBL. I only need 2 cm.

KatjicaMjau
November 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
my minigoals about hair health:
1) to keep away from blowdryer
2) to keep away from flattening iron
3) to keep away from hairspray
4) to protect my hair from sun
5) to never colour my hair again :)

my minigoals about hair length:
1) hair to hips (almost there :D )
2) hair to tailbone
3) classic length
4) hair to mid thighs
5) I will see when I get to 4th minigoal :rolling:

Zesty
November 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hip length. Should be there solidly by the beginning of next school year, I'm hoping (September 2012).

blondie9912
November 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
My mini goal is to get my slightly past APL hair to be exactly halfway down my chest. That's exactly 2 inches from now, and I grow a solid 1/2" each month, so by the end of February! Then a month after that, before my trip, I will go for a lovely trim to add some shape, and a colour correction to fix the mess on my head and get as close to my natural colour so I can officially start growing it out!

Plume
November 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
My mini goal is APL, I hope I can get there by end of February, and till then of course no trim whatsoever!

Shesta
November 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM
to establish the solid waist before Christmas. but my hair seems to have stopped growing :(

that1girlemily
November 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM

Mine is to have all my horrid pixie layers reach my chin so I can chop it and have one length for the first time in over 10 years!

The end of Feb. Some of my bottom layers are past the nape of my neck but my shortest have about 3 inches to go... I am growing about an inch a month right now so I am hopping I can do it and get rid of this mulletish look and win the fight over my pixie once and for all lol:luke:

luthein
November 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
My mini-goal is below-the-boob length. 2" left!

Avital88
November 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
my mini goal for now is to gain thickness in my ends..this will take me some time,even more because i dont want to trim..

lesbia
November 5th, 2011, 04:15 PM
My minigoal is hip! I'm at waist now and hip is 5 cm away. I think I could wait about 6 mounths or so :)

Amber_Maiden
November 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
My next mini goal would be hip- 4in, so by February, or the beginning of March i should be there.

I also am going to start doing weekly heat treatments with CO and leaving it in awhile... Hoping to get softer, healthier looking hair.

Also going to start practicing buns, and I really want to get rid of the red henna in my hair. Going to attempt to dye over it with plant dye in the next week or so.

Kumiko033
November 5th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I'm 1 inch past chin length and will be shoulder length in about 3 inches.
I just can't wait to feel something brushing against my neck :wannabe: ! Or when I have a bad hair-day, to be able to make a ponytail..
I'm obsessed but I'm just incredibly excited because it's this close after my mad pixie experience.

I think my mini goal will take about 5 months and if, IF I'd eat healtier and if I wouldn't forget my vitamins then I'd be there sooner :D!

KwaveT
November 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM
My mini-goal is to reach shoulder length sometime this winter. It may be a little too unrealistic to expect it by end of the year but the closer I get the better.

holothuroidea
November 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
My first mini goal is to optimize my hair care routine. I've just started out with no-poo and I'm still figuring out what works for me.

This will probably take at least 6 weeks.

My current hair is only earlobe length and is very damaged. I don't really expect this hair to make it to my goal length, it will probably all get trimmed at some point. But I am really looking forward to my hair being long enough for me to trim the last remnants of dyed hair so it will be all my natural color. That will probably be about 3 inches. So that's my growth mini-goal.

sarahmp
November 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM
To cut off all colored part of my hair. However I very recently stopped coloring so my roots are barley in so I have a while to go :?

Fairytale
November 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
:happydance:It would be waist for me, Im in lower mid back lenght. Im so excited to reach my mini goal!

Brenda714
November 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
a full on APL! but BSL is reallly where I dream to be, maybe by summer 2012! :)

Yame
November 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
My mini goal is BCL. After that, TB. When I get to TB I might keep it there and let my bangs "catch up" (they are at BSL while the rest of my hair is at hip), which will take at least a year. Then I will decide whether to stay at TB or grow to classic!

celebriangel
November 6th, 2011, 08:12 AM
My mini-goal is to reach waist when wet, which is about an inch away - should be about a month and a half at my growth rate, maybe 2 months if growth slows down for winter.

Then I want to reach waist dry, then maintain there for 3 months or so to obtain a soft U hemline instead of the deep U I currently have.

milk
November 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
My minigoal is APL when dry and curly. At the moment I'm at APL when wet and stretched.. When I have reached my minigoal I think I'm gonna keep it there and slowly cut off the worst layered part. And thereafter continue to my real goal which is between BSL and waist.

einna
November 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Wet BSL --> BSL --> Virgin BSL --> Wet waist --> Waist --> Layer free waist.

Arashi
November 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Mine is APL which I think I will reach by Christmas.

ritza
November 6th, 2011, 07:47 PM
My mini goal is full TBL,thick & healthy...

Happy Hair Growing!

proo
November 7th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I'm not going to touch my hair all day.

PinkyCat
November 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Not to trim for the rest of the year.

Pixie0763
November 7th, 2011, 11:16 AM
My first mini goal is shoulder, and I'm guessing it will take about 6 months?

hendricks82
November 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
My current goal is waist with a nice even hemline... I'm not sure how long it will take because I don't measure my hair, but I'm guessing at least a year.

RedheadMistress
November 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
- I don't know all these abbreviations, but I want my little left over of my bangs to be atleast down to my chin . . there's one bit that's shorter than the other hair, sigh .

Also, have it softer... with more moisture treatments.
And get it down to past my bra length . . then my main goal is for it to go a little past my bum !

XcaliburGirl
November 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Ponytail!!!!

Actually my mini-goal is shoulder. I haven't decided on a goal beyond that. Just taking it one milestone at a time.

daniew0708
November 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
My mini goal is hip i hope to reach it by Christmas.

isabelx
November 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
My mini goals are:
- To reach APL, hopefully I'll be there by early next year, my birthday (February) at the latest
- To get rid of my dry hair without using cones

ebba
November 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
My mini goal is bsl. I am past apl and closer to bsl, so i really hope i can pass it at least with my strange longer bits of hair by Christmas

marioma
November 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
my mini goal is to have arm oit length when curly , my bigger challenge is to have healthy descent hair , i need some patience god

PrairieRose
November 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I am currently working at my mini goal of cutting out heat and chemicals. I getting used to no heat and have pretty much been off of hairspray(my last chemical to cut out). I still am tempted to use the hairspray sometimes because of fly aways. I would like to grow to BSL next.

skyblue
November 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I just want to get to 40 inches lol!
I joined here in January at 37 inches
I'm a monthly trimmer so it's November I'm at 39 inches!!
I just need to get to 40 inches then after that I'll go for classic

AnaGeorgette
November 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I know it sounds a little weird but I measure sometimes by how much my hair covers my breasts when my hair is past bsl but still no where close to waist XD Right now my goal is for my hair to reach the breast/top of stomache crease when pulled forward over my shoulders. From then on top of my sweater pocket in the front and THEN hopefully waist in the back. =)

AnaGeorgette
November 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Oh and for my former bangs to catch up with the rest of my hair, they're collar-bone length now.

Mayflower
November 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I want my hair to cover my bellybutton. And after that it would only be an inch or two for it to officially reach my hips!

CurlyCap
November 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Right now when I stretch my curls out, I have to reach OVER my shoulder. It isn't long enough to reach under my arm pit and stretch it out.

My goal is two reach under, which I should be able to do in a about 2 more inches!

Helix
November 7th, 2011, 11:05 PM
My mini goals are:

- Get to BSL (There's a small chance I could reach it by Dec, but Jan to Feb 2012 seems more realistic).

- Fill in hairline and edges a little more because man do I have a big forhead. Good news is it's beginning to look less like a five-head.

- At some point begin trimming a little every month so all my hair can be one blunt length.

hanne jensen
December 18th, 2011, 04:07 AM
My mimi goal is to reach MBL. I only need 2 cm.

kittymallow
December 18th, 2011, 09:54 AM
my mini goal atm is to get everything up in a bun:)

Georgies
December 18th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Shoulders. This is usually the most frustrating part of hair growing for me - my hair seems to grow out instead of down since I have maximum curl at this length. I'm only an inch or two away but I suspect it could be six months until I can really claim shoulders.

Darkessa
December 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
My mini goal is to be able to put my hand behind my back and play with the ends of my hair comfortably. Currently at 26 inches, its a bit of a stretch. Mildly painful... A few more inches and ill be there!!

blondie9912
December 18th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I shaved a section of my hair (right in front) due to extreme dye damage, and I'm now growing it out. It's about 1.5-2 inches long now, and my mini goal is to be able to do a crown french braid or something to disguise it (since now all I can do is part my hair on the opposite side or wear a thick fabric headband). I suspect in 2 months I should be able to do it

Oksana
December 18th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I have two freckles in between BSL and Waist and also when my hair reaches the bottom of the girls ;) which should be around the same time as the freckles.

Only 2 inches to go :D then onto waist.

Smile4Kiki
December 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
My mini-goal is for my front layers to hit shoulder length. It's about 3 inches away

CurlyCap
December 18th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Darkessa, that's my mini goal too!

Another is to feel my hair on my back even when it's dry. I miss it.

Good news is, today I went swimming and could see my hair floating beside me. It made me smile because it was the first time I really felt that my hair had grown.

Miss Catrina
December 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
My next mini goal is chin, which would take about 8 months at an average growth rate. But I think my hair is growing at an above average pace.

cooklaezo13
December 18th, 2011, 12:49 PM
My mini goal is for the longest parts of my hair to touch the top of my shoulders. I'm about two inches away, so I should be there for my birthday in April :)

isabelx
December 18th, 2011, 12:55 PM
My mini goals are in my signature :) an inch to APL, wahoo! :cheese:

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 01:07 PM
My mini goal is bra strap length. I'm about 7 inches away. My ultimate goal is tail bone and I'm looking forward to middle of back length.

kristib123
December 18th, 2011, 01:19 PM
My first goal is to continue to improve the damaged hair caused by highlighting meaning no further damage and eventually have it cut off! I do have layers and keep going back to get the layers trimmed and maintained. After that I am anxious for BSL and eventually eliminating layers as I can. My end goal is hip length with either very long layers or more ideally no layers.

PinkyCat
December 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I have two minis:
No trimming until March & get my hair color even.

angiescurls
December 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
My next mini goal is 30" (although my hair grows so slowly its not really a mini goal) and I'm waiting on an order for a line of natural conditioners and stylers so I can test out properly going sulfate and cone free (curly girl style) and see how my hair behaves. Super excited!

patienceneeded
December 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
My mini-goal is to not trim my hair until June, after school ends (I'm a teacher). I'm getting a trim on Wednesday 12/21 and then I want to avoid trimming until June. I'll trim in June, and then I want to wait and trim again in December. I'm hoping that 2 trims a year, 6 months apart will be enough for healthy ends and lots of growth.

My other goal is to get to waist length in June. Right now I am flirting with BSL, and waist is only 3" from BSL on my (short torso) so it's not unrealistic.

gazelle
December 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
My mini goal is waist when dry. It is about 30" now, but does not look waist because of waves. In spring months maybe I can reach?

Avital88
December 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
minigoal is to have hair exactly 1 meter long..thats a bit over 39inches..Should make it before spring 2012

maria_tasha
December 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
My minigoal is to have my hair to cover my brests hen pull in front. It used to do that in summer before I asked for 1 inch trim and received a 4-5 one instead.

uptosomeone
December 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM
My mini goal is to have my hair hit the points of my shoulder blades when it's dry. That was about where my hair was before I cut it, but it didn't look like it since it was so layered and V shaped. Having blunt ends and being there would be infinitely more satisfying! I have about three inches to grow, so I hope in about a half a year I'll be there.

Sunny Elf
December 26th, 2011, 02:47 PM
my mini goals are for my longest layers to reach APL and my shortest to reach Jaw length. Should be there in about three months :)

Modarunner
December 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
My current goal is to reach BSL, it's so close but so far away.

mzBANGBANG
December 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'm going to try not to be graphic here... but my minigoal is for my hair to curl around my ta-tas.

motu821
December 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Mine is to grow my short shoulder length layers to reach APL!
non growth related-
1. Finally buy a decent comb
2. Remember to scritch daily
3. Get scalp healthy again, will tackle by experimenting w/ shower frequency/tea tree oil application
4. Find a way to keep my hair safe while sleeping!!

Hairwish
December 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
My mini goal is 50''. Hopefully I'll get there around my 1 year on lhc anniversary.

gogirlanime
December 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm going to try not to be graphic here... but my minigoal is for my hair to curl around my ta-tas.

LOL :laugh: mine too so I can give my boyfriend a special pic :eyebrows:

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Almost at APL now, minigoal is BSL. No idea when that is going to happen, but anxious for it nonetheless. :D

nakmom
December 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I need to get measurements, but right now my hair is about BSL and my mini goal is getting it to the middle of my back. I'm hoping that won't take too long!

AcornMystic
December 27th, 2011, 01:10 PM
My mini goal is shoulder. I'm so close, only like 2 inches off. Oh how I long to feel my hair's caress upon my body, if only the tips teasing my shoulders, so tantalizing.. so cruel. Bahaha, yeah I was reading a harlequin novel recently and I'll admit, I have a bit of a love affair that has sparked between me and my hair. XD Anyway.. ok I'm done.:p:o

NativeGirl
December 27th, 2011, 01:26 PM
My mini goal is to reach hip. I'm about two inches away, so I should be there by February, maybe March.

Libbylou
December 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
My mini goal is for the shorter layers stay in the do of the day without clips.

gothicchick
December 27th, 2011, 03:14 PM

my next mini goal is waist, i'm currently at mid back which is 26 inches for me. i expect another 3 or possibly four to be comfortably at waist. I'd like to see an improvement i breakage, and thicken/level up my hem line, should hopefully take me about until may/june to get to waist

beachgirlla
December 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
My mini goal at this point is just to grow the damaged hair and chop it off, lol, I wish that I can have some length goals but realistically, I can't, hair very damaged from hair extensions, permanent hair straighteners, flat iron, hair color to name a few, just started to take care of it last week :)

KwaveT
December 27th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I guess my next mini-goal is to get all my bangs to gain enough length to clear my eyes. At that point I won't have my hair tips stabbing me in the eyeball. I am getting mighty close to this goal. I am blending the bangs into my length.

coffinhert
December 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I want to grow all my layers to BSL and then have a one-length V-shaped hemline. Currently I have a lot of layers that are only at shoulder length so that will be within the year! Then once I am maintaining at BSL I will cut trim regularly until all my dye damage is gone. Only then will I start growing even longer.

Liesbeth
December 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
My hair is only at my collar bone right now, so my mini goal would be APL. That should take about 6 months. I'm holding on!!!

Aerin
December 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I'm hoping for BSL in about 4-5 months, waist by next Christmas. Really though, hair long enough to do heidi braids on sometime within the year.

Zefyra
December 27th, 2011, 08:04 PM
My hair just touches my shoulders right now. My mini goal is to get it back where it was before I chopped in October. I went from the middle of my shoulder blades to just longer than chin length. My goal is about 5 inches off so Im thinking Ill get there by about May.
My other goals are to keep taking my supplements and to be gentler with it. I dye it (black XD) about every month or so but otherwise I take good care of it. (Like keeping it well oiled and regularly dusting the ends) Im also trying to blend my bangs in with my other layers...

ClassicalBlonde
December 27th, 2011, 09:35 PM
My hair has just passed my shoulders and my next goal is to get to APL. I also have layers to get rid of. My hair grows relatively slowly :(, so I think it will take a while.

Oceanmoon
December 27th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Maintain TBL while I grow out my long layers and try to repair some of the breakage, styling and aggressive brushing has done.:)

HintOfMint
December 27th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Right now, I'm maintaining my length, so no more growth goals for me:(. It's kind of funny, I'm glad I have my length but sometimes I think I had more fun looking forward to my goals. I've also made peace with the fact that I will never look good with short hair, so the prospect of cutting into a pixie and starting over is a serious long shot.

Right now, my minigoal is to spend as little money as possible on my hair. I'm not going to spend money on new potions or contraptions for the sake of experimentation. Just enough for the tried and true.

Perhaps another minigoal I've been considering is to wear vintage hairstyles on a more frequent basis, even with casual outfits. I just saw A League of Their Own and, I gotta say, the casual everyday styles paired with curled hair and perfect makeup is a pretty cool look I've been digging.
But... it probably requires hairspray. Which I don't have. Damn.

owlathena
December 28th, 2011, 02:58 AM
reach my belly button when I pull it in front! I'm maybe two inches away

bbvt
December 28th, 2011, 05:02 AM
1) To grow my shortest layers to where my longest layers are now so that I can chop everything to get a completely even and straight hair length.

2) I have no idea how long it will take. =[

auburntressed
December 28th, 2011, 05:14 AM
My "mini goal" is to add another 4" to my hair. I would also like to be solidly at TBL, enough for me to be able to tell.

See, the place where my hair hits my skin when I'm getting ready to step into the shower FEELS like it is brushing across my tailbone. Looks like it, too. But when I'm all dressed and all that jazz, to me it looks like a toss up between waist and hip.

I'm 5'7", and my hair right now measures 32" from hairline to tip, which I think sounds a little short to be calling it TBL?

Waist/hip/TB all looks incredibly close to me, really. So I figured a by-the-inch goal would be easiest at this point. And anyways, I'm not 100% sure how long I want my hair. I can always cut it back if I feel like it is too much. Though ideally, I believe I would like my braid to touch my lap when I am sitting. No idea how long my hair would have to be to achieve that.

Therefore - mini-goal is 4", so a total length of 36". That would make it three feet long, nice and tidy. :)

shikara
December 29th, 2011, 07:47 AM
My mini goal is tofigure out the best time to comb out my hair after a wash, and to not be so impatient about it!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_a5642814.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=a5642814.jpg)

morrigan*
December 29th, 2011, 10:30 AM
My next minigoal is waist lenght, then maintaining or slowly growing to have only virgin hair :D

BrightEyes
December 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
My mini goal is to be done with heat styling, forever. I've been addicted to my blow dryer and flat iron for so long it's hard for me to give it up. But I'm on day 8 now without heat and am finding other ways to style my hair. So far so good:)

I've also been trying to stop backcombing. Horrible, I know. This one I've been doing a lot better with. I haven't backcombed for weeks now. Styling my hair more wavy and curly helps with the volume.:cheese:

Another mini goal is to get to APL, which I've never done before. So it's more of a huge goal lol.