PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh... toying with tailbone

HintOfMint
June 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I had my heart set on hip and I was sticking with that goal... and then I saw pictures of sidebraids that hit waist and hair that hit hip when draped in front of the shoulders (over the boobies) and realized that, to have that, I may have to grow my hair even longer. Would hip be enough to get that effect, or should I grow to tailbone?

Frankly, I'll probably grow to tailbone. Hip is looking a bit... short. Oh god, it's happening. The LHC effect. :eek:

Quixii
June 12th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Tailbone is a nice length. Once you get past there is when it starts getting in the way, but at that point it looks nice and long to the average person. ;)

But, you know. You have to grow out to at least hip before you find out whether you like it. :) I wish you luck in growing to whatever length you end up wanting.

Loreley
June 13th, 2010, 02:10 AM
I agree with Quixii. You grow it to hip-length and if you want it longer you grow it to tailbone. :)

Yozhik
June 13th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Haha! I like your reference to the "LHC effect." It certainly does seem like a law of physics, or something :) -- I recently changed my goal length to waist, so I know how you feel!

(Actually, it was brought on by similar reasoning to yours -- I want my hair to drape nicely in the front over my chest, and BSL is starting to look not as long as I expected it to be . . . )

countryhopper
June 13th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I think you should "actively grow it" to hip, and then just forget about it (benign neclect) and next thing you know, you'll be at tailbone!

I started off with BSL as my goal, but waist is looking nicer and nicer. So I think I'll grow to BSL and then forget about it. Start a new hobby or something. then glance at the back of it one day and be at waist!

If i think how far I have to get to waist (maybe 8 inches or more, I can't remember), it feels so overwhelming and far away. So I'm just setting mini goals for now.

Sissy
June 13th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I agree with what others have said, grow to hip and if you want longer then keep on growin! I personally am at tailbone and I like it but am going for classic :)