PDA

View Full Version : Deep treatment ?

bubblyredhead
June 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM
For the past 2 weeks I have been doing a deep conditioning treatment almost every night and I was wondering if this was too much? I normally do coconut oil in for an hour or this Shea Moisture deep treatment that I have for an hour and just recently I have added in coconut milk with honey for 2 hours. My hair has never been this easy to manage and it doesn't feel weighted down at all. Since starting these almost nightly treatments I have switched to no cones and no sulfates and wow I had no idea how great my hair could be :D

naereid
June 13th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Well, I'm no expert, but if your hair feels that great, you must be doing something right! Love your nickname, by the way. :grnbiggri

Linainverse
June 13th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I say if it feels good, do it :eyebrows:. But then I could be wrong, and you could be overdoing it. There are probably some more accomplished experts here. By the sounds of it though, your hair seems to be responding well, see if it continues to give you the same results in a couple of weeks and if it feels weighed down by then, cut back by half to a quarter as often.

virgo75
June 13th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I agree, as long as your hair feels good then continue on. :)

From what I've read signs of too much conditioning are - mushy hair from too much moisture or brittle, straw like hair from too much protein. If you aren't experiencing either one then no worries. ;)

Rikkies.Number
June 13th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Before I rush to Wal-Mart, pleaseeeeeee tell me what you are doing, my hair is so dry and I'd love to try something different, and the conditioners I've been trying haven't made a difference in getting some moisture and shine in this hair.

bubblyredhead
June 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM
the more i think about it i think it has been close to 3 or 4 weeks so far it LOVES it but before i found LHC it was fried with a straightener every day and super dry i cut the heat to just those annoying pieces that refuse to be like the rest of my head i started off doing 3 deep coconut oil treatments a week, and switched to sls free shampoo and no cone conditioner i went through a ton of different ones to find the right one, shea moisture (target $9.99 a bottle http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_br_display-ladders?ie=UTF8&node=668246011) kinda pricey but my hair is in LOVE with it and i use the deep treatment oh the damaged line and the coconut shampoo and conditioner and use coconut milk and honey i switch between all 3 of the DT, so far all of my hair feels super soft and easy to manage but the ends. I know they need to be trimmed but i don't want to yet. esh sorry about the mini book

bubblyredhead
June 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks Naereid, I think it suits me perfectly!

GRU
June 13th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I agree with everyone else -- if your hair is happy with your routine and you like doing it, that's all that matters.

Everyone has different circumstances, and there is no "one right way" to do this stuff. Some people like SLS shampoos, some don't. Some CO-wash, some don't. Some use blowfryers, some don't.

If it works for YOU and YOUR hair, that's all that's important! :)