PDA

View Full Version : S&D affecting hemline?

eezepeeze
June 12th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone! So I just started doing S&D a couple of weeks ago. I just wondered: does doing it make your hemline thin or give you fairy tale ends?

I like my hemline to be think and fairly even, so usually I just get regular short trims. My mom does it for me. I'm 34.:cheese:

Anyway, I'd like your input on the effect search and destroy has on the appearance of your hemlines Thanks!!

JenniferNoel
June 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
When you S&D, over time, fairytale ends do tend to appear. You're only trimming a few hairs here and there, versus making each hair even. I didn't think it would work that way when I started but it does. :)

urara12
June 12th, 2010, 11:00 PM
eezepeeze, sorry but what is S&D?

mira-chan
June 12th, 2010, 11:05 PM
eezepeeze, sorry but what is S&D?
Search and Destroy, looking for and cutting of the split ends from individual hairs instead of trimming all the hair.

Over time if you don't trim even and S&d exclusively, the hair may fairytale unless the hair grows very evenly. It will just show the natural growth pattern of the hair.

Not all split ends are at the ends where you would trim your hemline, some are higher. This is where S&D really helps for those with a blunt cut.

If you over do the S&D, as in constantly do it, you can get a more uneven hemline. Some people are prone to getting a bit obsessive when doing it and cut more and more making things uneven.

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Mine definitely has. I have alot of heat damage on the very ends, and I've been S&Ding so much that now my ends are somewhat see-through. But to me, it looks blended and I'm ok with it. When my hair waves up, it makes it look more piece-y if that makes sense. I'm not partial to blunt ends anyhow so it works out :)

For what it's worth, I think you have to do pretty extensive S&Ding to get that effect; you also would have to be cutting off damage thats high up on the shaft. If you're just nipping off splits at the ends, I can't see that happening.

urara12
June 12th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Search and Destroy, looking for and cutting of the split ends from individual hairs instead of trimming all the hair.

Over time if you don't trim even and S&d exclusively, the hair may fairytale unless the hair grows very evenly. It will just show the natural growth pattern of the hair.

Not all split ends are at the ends where you would trim your hemline, some are higher. This is where S&D really helps for those with a blunt cut.

If you over do the S&D, as in constantly do it, you can get a more uneven hemline. Some people are prone to getting a bit obsessive when doing it and cut more and more making things uneven.

mira. thank you very much for took your time to explain it for me.
now I see :) I've been searching S&D at Search box but no result come out.now I know what S&D.

Loreley
June 13th, 2010, 01:55 AM
S&D makes my ends thin if I do it too often. :(