PDA

View Full Version : What's your signature summer style?

Cholera
June 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Well, the bad Oregon weather is finally passed here, and the temperatures are getting higher. I've been getting out more, walking my puppy or just biking to the convenience store to get a soda, and every time I've been sure to put my hair in a side-braid. I'm guessing this will continue throughout the summer, as it's super fast and easy.

So, I'm wondering, what's your signature summer style? Cinnabun? English braid? Twin braids?

Twil
June 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
usually I wear one long English braid down my back year round, but if it's really hot I usually pin it up and tie a scarf over it.

tcheney91
June 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I really like wearing this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5405&pictureid=73551) hairstyle. It's super cute, can be accessorized and keeps the hair off of your neck. It's pretty much a french twist without the ends tucked in.

AlleyKitten
June 12th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Mostly, some kind of hairstick bun. Whatever will stay up. I did just buy a bunch of ribbons though (The Button Emporium and Ribbonry is right near the downtown library in Portland, and I'm so excited) so I may be doing more braids and things I can put ribbons in.

eezepeeze
June 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Depends on my mood. Here are some of my staples:

Dutch braid
Side Rope Braid
"Luana" braids into a center braid in the back
Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) braids into a center braid

So, as you see, I do a lot of braids in the summer. I recently mastered the dutch lace braid after many, many attempts, so I'm sure I'll be incorporating that into my looks, especially when I want to dress up the front of my hair a little.

Cool thread!

Cheeks1206
June 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM
i think my main summer styles will be a ponytail/messy bun, two dutch/french braids or two fishtail braids. My hair is still too short for me to feel comfortable and secure in a single braid

sensisweetie
June 12th, 2010, 09:36 PM
After showering and light towel trying (turban style....:cool:) I spritz my hair down with some homemade juice (filtered water, sea salt, aloe gel and jojoba oil) then get some pure aloe gel and use that to scrunch my hair..

Then I twist my hair into a bun and secure with one of those goody spin pins and go to sleep.

And the next morning.... Remove the bun, shake out hair, an hour or 2 for it to completely dry (sheesh) AND :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Soft, shiny, well defined waves... Too easy :)

Copasetic
June 12th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I can't stand to do anything with my hair when it is hot out. Generally, I just pile it on top of my my head and secure it with a clip.

italianamama
June 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I usually wear my summer hair in a to-the-side braid (anything to get it OFF my neck!!!) in either an English or fishtail. Fishtail braids are my absolute FAVORITE because they look so cool! The single side braid doesn't do much as far as showing off the actual length of your hair, but that just ups the "WOW" factor when I do wear it down :D

Purdy Bear
June 13th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I have to cover up because of my skin and no hair, so my usual style is a huge broad rimmed summer hat, or a scarf tied round the scalp.

I think when I was a kid with long hair, I lived in an English Braid, but that was because I didnt know how to do anything else. LOL!

rosek
June 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Buns, buns and more buns! I don't actually like braid waves that much, so I'll only wear them when I can wash the waves out the day after. But the cinnabun is a staple.

countryhopper
June 13th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Anything that is up :D

Rapunzal2Be
June 13th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I'm hoping it will be long enough to look nice in a side braid!! But most of the time I just spritz it, use a little AVG and then smooth it up into a twisty bun and secure with a clip, fork, or stick. Voila!

Centifolia
June 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I've been wearing either a high cinnabun or my hair put in a banana clip.