PDA

View Full Version : Sophisticated updos?

Pandora.
June 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I was just wondering if any of you guys had some suggestions for a sophisticated updo for work, going out to eat at a restaurant, or any other places that involve dressing smart. Usually, I would just straighten my hair, but I would like to try something that isn't damaging to my hair for once.

Also, please don't suggest anything too fancy, because I'm just straight up awful at doing the most easiest things with my hair. Yes, even a simple braid. :p

Ravenne
June 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm a big fan of a simple bun with a hair stick. I wear that to work most days (along with french braids and the occasional braided ponytail). French twists are also very elegant, but I've never managed to do one myself. If your hair's long enough you may try a log roll. I love those. But they require a fair amount of length.

Purdy Bear
June 12th, 2010, 03:19 PM
The French Twist or roll is pretty easy to accomplish and suits most occasions. The sock bun is awesomly neat, while the figure 8, infinity bun can carry any occasions.

Check out Torrin Paige's You Tube Videos, shes got lots of good updos for all occasions.

Stormphoenix
June 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up about Torrin Paige's videos on You Tube! I could have used these last year for a wedding. Thank you!

Kristin
June 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I second the sock bun and French twist suggestions. I wore a flower bun to work a few weeks ago and received a fair number of compliments. :)