PDA

View Full Version : 2-Year Anniversary, EXTREMELY pic heavy! :)

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 12:47 PM
On the 9th I celebrated my 2-year anniversary here at the LHC! It's been a great journey so far, and I can honestly say this place is a big portion of my life. I enjoy reading the blogs, check the forums just about every day and have learned alot. Hair care is the primary focus for being here, but I've also enjoyed reading views on controversial topics and seeing how respectfully members share their views and get along here. I'm getting close to my goal, but have the feeling I will be sticking around regardless of how far along I am on my growth journey.

Ok, ok, on with the pics!! Bear in mind these are photos in varying light; my hair color really has not varied THAT much over the course of 2 years.

Here's where I started; this pic is from around February '08, just over a month after cutting my BSL hair to a shaggy pixie and hennaing:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S__zmmupASI/AAAAAAAAAJs/r7Z89lFp5gI/s400/hair.jpg

This pic was taken sometime in the summer of '08, after attempting to put highlights into the henna:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S__zTNpbrSI/AAAAAAAAAJc/Pq2Ad56fmOY/s400/highlights4.jpg

This photo is from October '08, and you can see my hair is flipping over my shoulder at this point. No trims had been done since the original cut:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBOvjTDllYI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/M1q-fp2JmNQ/s800/1008.jpg

This pic is from February '09, almost exactly a year from the first photo. I went from a shaggy pixie to APL in 1 year's time, which I think is pretty good growth. Finger touching BSL:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBOvscY8pgI/AAAAAAAAAKg/1lG1WwHqkLg/s800/0209.JPG

In April, I had a trim of about 1-2 inches.

Here is a pic from August of '09, just six months after the previous pic. It looks like a huge amount of progress looking from pic to pic, but really, my finger was on my bra strap in the previous one and here my hair is on the middle of my strap... so it's really just a matter of perspective and angle; not all that much change.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBOvwvPWShI/AAAAAAAAAKk/aeTOfg59dmA/s800/0809.JPG

Here's where I think I had the most progress, probably due to benign neglect and super long work hours preventing me from analyzing my hair every moment of the day :p. This pic is from Christmas '09, only 5 months from the previous pic. I've gone from BSL almost all the way to waist, and my waves are looking great!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBOwu13euAI/AAAAAAAAALI/g9fmfuPrL-w/s800/xmas09hair2.JPG

I was happy because when my hair was wet, and I pulled it down, and tilted my head, it was at waist!

The next pic is from March '10, where I had finally FINALLY hit waist:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S9lCTtU4VrI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/Sd8ZITss1es/s400/siggy.jpg

Since then I have been doing heavy S&D's. I had found so much damage that I went ahead and trimmed about 1.5", and also self-cut my layers back in. I didn't seem to have much hair in the sink from the clippings, but to me it looked dramatically shorter in most pics I took. Either way, my ends felt much much better.

This pic is from about a week ago, with waves from french braiding. Here is where you can really tell how thinned out my ends are from extensive S&D missions. (I can do that now!!)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBOvYZqAE8I/AAAAAAAAAKM/a-hn82aSuaU/s800/2ndanni1.jpg

Aaaaannnd.... here is today's shot, my official new length of waist +. To me, this is the most accurate shot of my color yet. Members who henna your hair, you know how difficult it is to capture the color just right. It still doesn't show the dimension of color, but oh well. Underneath, my hair seems to shine burgundy, while I have orange on top. It's the loveliest thing to me.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBPO5M0wLTI/AAAAAAAAALY/1pOJUYhFD0g/s800/0609.JPG

So there's my progress! Thanks for looking, and a special thanks to anyone who actually read the ridiculously long commentary on all the photos too!

lilalong
June 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM
absolutely beautiful!

camirra555
June 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Amazing progress!

akevita2002
June 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
:thud: What a crazy growth! I am speechless.. Did you do anything special or are you one of those lucky people with speed-of-light growth?
Congrats on your anniversary! Lovely hair!

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
BONUS SHOTS!!!

Yesterday I went to a friend's farm where they have horses. I know many of you are horse lovers, so here's some somewhat crappy self-taken pics! :)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBPWqN-3CCI/AAAAAAAAALc/cUNX9syduqk/s400/horsey.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBPW0KP6OnI/AAAAAAAAALs/r1FCz_XMvGg/s400/horseys2a.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBPW-7bZUKI/AAAAAAAAALw/gUH8B1SlNWc/s400/horseys3a.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/TBPXHnFwYlI/AAAAAAAAAMA/uAvZNlKOBWU/s800/horseys1a.jpg

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
:thud: What a crazy growth! I am speechless.. Did you do anything special or are you one of those lucky people with speed-of-light growth?
Congrats on your anniversary! Lovely hair!

Thank you!!

I briefly tried taking biotin, to no avail. Other than that, benign neglect, benign neglect, and also more benign neglect :p

little_acorn
June 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
:thudpile: what magnificent hair, growth and progress over the last 2 years :D

sibiryachka
June 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Happy anniversary - your hair looks *fantastic*, so healthy!!

Yozhik
June 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
You've got a gorgeous head of hair, there! I LOVE your color, and the amount of length you gained plus the condition it's in certainly deserves a :thud:

Loreley
June 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
:agape:Your hair grows like crazy! Happy anniversary! :)

clichepithet
June 12th, 2010, 01:22 PM
:cheer: Your hair looks great, amazing progress for 2 years! Gotta love that LHC. :D

eamane
June 12th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Good growing of your great-looking hair!:cheese:

sarah061
June 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM
What gorgeous healthy looking hair! That's amazing progress, thank you for posting all the pics - seeing people progress over the years/months is incredibly inspiring for me. Congratulations on your anniversary! :)

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I got "thuds" ??? Really!? WOOHOO!! :cheese: Thanks, I'm on :cloud9:

Oksana
June 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Wow that is amazing progress and I have to say your hair is beautiful in colour and condition!

TrudieCat
June 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Your hair is just absolutely gorgeous!! I'm adding mine to the pile.... :thudpile:

fair isle
June 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Wow gorgeous, gorgeous hair! I have noticed your avatar pic before on other threads and you have one of my favorite heads of hair here. The color is just perfection. Congratulations on your anniversary and thanks for the inspiration! :)

KahlanAmnell
June 12th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Your hair looks lovely, and great color as well. :-) Congrats on the progress!

Sissy
June 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
lovely hair! You've made wonderful progress, keep on growin!

CrisDee
June 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Wow, all that length in just two years?!? :agape:

I am just now, after 10 months of growing, getting almost to where you were when you started - I can only hope to be at waist in 2 more years! Add me to the :thudpile:

MsBubbles
June 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'm amazed at your progress! Congratulations. Your hair is beautiful. I realize however, that you have made progress leaps and bounds above my own. I was at APL already in April 08, and now am only just getting to waist. I have a lot of damage from highlights and blowdrying that I had to cut off though. What amazing progress you have made over 2 years.

jaine
June 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM
That is just beautiful!! Did you do anything special to get the clumpy waves in the Christmas '09 pic? Those are pretty much my dream waves. :)

ukuleleclaire
June 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM
:thudpile: I am also in the thudpile!

Your waves, and progress, and basically everything about your hair is beautiful! If I can ask, what's your routine, and do you use any leave ins?

cocolover
June 12th, 2010, 03:02 PM
That is awesome growth! Congrats, your hair is beautiful

lastnite
June 12th, 2010, 03:04 PM
gorgeous... so your starting color before henna is the color in the beginning/shag cut?

Lunami
June 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I'm so happy to see your pics! It's really inspirational for me and gives me hope. Can i ask if you know approximately how much your hair grows in a month/year? :)

emmabovary
June 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Wow!!! What great progress and how gorgeous your hair is! Your beautiful avatar always catches my eye.

LadyJennifer
June 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Congrats! You have beautiful hair!

Purdy Bear
June 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Awesome hair progress, I just love your colour as well, its totally jaw dropping!

Id love to know your secret for hair growth.

Pallas
June 12th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Congrats! Wooooow that's some amazing growth! You and your hair are gorgeous :)

May many more fun-filled years at the LHC follow!

princessp
June 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Wow, that is some serious growth and your hair is just so gorgeous! Congratulations on your 2 year journey, happy growing.

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'm amazed at your progress! Congratulations. Your hair is beautiful. I realize however, that you have made progress leaps and bounds above my own. I was at APL already in April 08, and now am only just getting to waist. I have a lot of damage from highlights and blowdrying that I had to cut off though. What amazing progress you have made over 2 years.

Thank you! Those of us with damage have to decide whether to trim it off as we grow or once we get to our goal. I'm too impatient to trim it off now; even if growing with damage might mean growing slower or having less healthy hair. So, in perspective, your hair is likely to be in better condition than mine even if you have taken longer to get where you are. :flower:

That is just beautiful!! Did you do anything special to get the clumpy waves in the Christmas '09 pic? Those are pretty much my dream waves. :)

Thanks! And no, my hair has a bit of wave to it on its own. If I only fingercomb it after washing, it will do that. If I touch it with a brush, however, it goes to more of the wonky not-quite-straightness you see in the other pics.

:thudpile: I am also in the thudpile!

Your waves, and progress, and basically everything about your hair is beautiful! If I can ask, what's your routine, and do you use any leave ins?

:D Thank you! I do not do any deep treatments at all. I have very coarse hair, and it withstands mistreatment well. It can be pretty stiff most of the time, especially on the ends. I wash with a natural liquid soap, specifically this brand (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showproduct.php/product/521/cat/2). Then I do a 1:10 white vinegar and water rinse, followed by a non-coney conditioner like Suave Naturals or White Rain. I usually oil my ends with Vatika enriched coconut oil. Every 4-8 weeks, I henna my roots.

gorgeous... so your starting color before henna is the color in the beginning/shag cut?

Thank you! And, nope! That's after my first henna. My starting color is medium-darkish ash blonde.

I'm so happy to see your pics! It's really inspirational for me and gives me hope. Can i ask if you know approximately how much your hair grows in a month/year? :)

Your welcome! I'm glad you like them :) I started at 14.5", and now I'm at 30. I have cut about 3-4 inches from my length in trims. That's about 2/3" per month, considering I had been growing for 6 months when I joined.

Awesome hair progress, I just love your colour as well, its totally jaw dropping!

Id love to know your secret for hair growth.

Thank you! I guess it's good genes :o I don't take any supplements, I don't massage anything into my scalp, I don't do any DT's, and generally whine about this and that concerning my hair :p I suppose benign neglect is best; just trying to enjoy whatever bit of hair you have. No matter what length it is, I'm always whining that I don't have enough until I see pictures of it over time. Hair just keeps on growing, no matter what, and it will get there if you are patient! :)

princessp
June 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
:thudpile: I wanted to add to the thud pile :p

merseaone
June 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Wow! Wish my hair grew that fast!

serious
June 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Beautiful hair!
And, of course, :thudpile:

little_cherry
June 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
WOW! :bigeyes:

Amazing growth, and pretty colour, too!

Happy anniversary! ^_^

georgia_peach
June 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is stunning!!

zeldagirl7491
June 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
So healthy and lovely! Congradulations. Ps. I enjoyed the pic commentary ;)

Kristin
June 12th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Amazing growth and beautiful hair! (I especially love the shot with the braid waves!). Congratulations!

Lavina
June 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Your hair looks GREAT!It's grown out beautifully. Congrats on your anniversary. :flower:

girlcat36
June 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Stunning hair!! Congratulations on some awesome growth and beautiful color!

Peter
June 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Awesome hair, awesome color!

Chamomile betty
June 12th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Beautiful hair. You have made such wonderful progress.
Congrats!

Capybara
June 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Lovely progress! Wow, pixie to waist in that amount of time! You've come a long way :D:flower:

ladylovecraft
June 12th, 2010, 07:00 PM
WOW!! I can't believe you had that much growth in only two years!! I'm a little shorter than where you were when you started (I think), and my main goal is to reach waist length (and hip after that)... I'm so jealous!! I wish my hair grew this fast! D:

squiggyflop
June 12th, 2010, 07:21 PM
lovely, just lovely.. nice color too..

hmm you gained quite a lot of length.. almost as much as i did in my first 2 years.. great work!

christine1989
June 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Wow! Your hair is amazing and I LOVE the color! :) I hope my hair makes this much progress in two years.

jexichan
June 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM
A sincere thank you for sharing these gorgeous, inspiring photos! My length and layering situation is very similar to your first LHC anniversary picture- a frustrating step of the journey, as I'm sure you recall. Your growth from year one to two is definitely thud-worthy and has rejuvenated my patience.

In other news, your hair color is my dream shade of copper. Alas, my natural hair is a little dark for henna to have such an effect, so I must vicariously prey upon your pictures! :) Three cheers for benign neglect!

x0h_bother
June 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM
amazing growth!!

Sammybunny711
June 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Your hair growth is very beautiful! Congratulations on so much growth in such a short time!

Lassie
June 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM
wow!
absolutely dumbfounding
I am speechless!!!

WOW..

So (correct me if i am reading this wrong)

You have gone from shoulder lenght in October 2008, to waist lenght in June 2010 ? so in 20 months???

What is your growth secret?????

Not sure how tall you are, but im 155cm, (5foot nothing) and on me neck to waist is 46cm growth...that means that it would equate to 2.3cm (just over 1inch) a month, every month, consistently... oh i have serious hair growth envy....

I've been lucky enough to manage a 'spurt' every now and again...but then it always decreases back to normal..

Lovely Pics! and congrats on the phenomenal growth

30isthenewblack
June 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Congratulations on your progress! The colour is so rich - I love it! You've had a lot of progress over the two years, you've been a member.

spidermom
June 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Well grown; your hair looks gorgeous.

Tressie
June 12th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Absolutley awesome! Love your glasses too~~ (o:

Paniscus
June 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Yowzers!!! Now that is some fantastic growth! What beautiful hair... congrats on your anniversary.

Cheeks1206
June 12th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Congrats on making 2 years! Your progress during that time is amazing! I love it.

Oskimosa
June 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel so great about my hair now! To be honest when I compared the Christmas pic to today's, I felt pretty depressed, comparing it to prior growth. I'm glad everyone liked the pics, and look forward to more growth this year :joy:

So healthy and lovely! Congradulations. Ps. I enjoyed the pic commentary ;)

Thanks! I felt like I was writing a book, hoped it wasn't too blabby :lipssealed:

WOW!! I can't believe you had that much growth in only two years!! I'm a little shorter than where you were when you started (I think), and my main goal is to reach waist length (and hip after that)... I'm so jealous!! I wish my hair grew this fast! D:

Thanks! And really, its more like 2.5 years, since that first pic is from right after I cut it in January. But this is my 2 year anniversary with LHC, and when I made up my mind not to cut it again.

lovely, just lovely.. nice color too..

hmm you gained quite a lot of length.. almost as much as i did in my first 2 years.. great work!

I don't think my hair will ever grow as fast as yours; yours is more like an inch or more each month, right? :p

A sincere thank you for sharing these gorgeous, inspiring photos! My length and layering situation is very similar to your first LHC anniversary picture- a frustrating step of the journey, as I'm sure you recall. Your growth from year one to two is definitely thud-worthy and has rejuvenated my patience.

In other news, your hair color is my dream shade of copper. Alas, my natural hair is a little dark for henna to have such an effect, so I must vicariously prey upon your pictures! :) Three cheers for benign neglect!

Thank you! I also adore raven black hair, as well as bright blue hair. But neither compliment me whatsoever. Not to mention how I'd trash my hair trying to attain it. The grass is always greener on the other side, huh? :p

wow!
absolutely dumbfounding
I am speechless!!!

WOW..

So (correct me if i am reading this wrong)

You have gone from shoulder lenght in October 2008, to waist lenght in June 2010 ? so in 20 months???

What is your growth secret?????

Not sure how tall you are, but im 155cm, (5foot nothing) and on me neck to waist is 46cm growth...that means that it would equate to 2.3cm (just over 1inch) a month, every month, consistently... oh i have serious hair growth envy....

I've been lucky enough to manage a 'spurt' every now and again...but then it always decreases back to normal..

Lovely Pics! and congrats on the phenomenal growth

Well... hmm.. I have 2/3" growth each month, actually! My hair is just under 30" right now at waist, and I don't remember how many inches long it was at shoulder length. I am high-waisted, which only means it would take me forever and a day to get to classic or knee if I was aiming to. So, depending on your goal, there may or may not me too much advantage to it! Thanks for the compliments, too!

Absolutley awesome! Love your glasses too~~ (o: Thanks! Got them at zennioptical.com, $8!

HintOfMint
June 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Absolutely beautiful! The color, length and texture is basically what my fantasy hair is like.

HeatherMae
June 12th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS! Happy Anniversary!! :)

LittleOrca
June 12th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Wonderful! Congrats! Happy Anniversary! :cheer:

Debra83
June 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM
:thudpile: Add me to the pile!!! Beautiful!!! :cheese:

naereid
June 13th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I say, add me to the thudpile too! Your hair is lovely. That growth, that shine, that colour, that texture! :inlove:

RavennaNight
June 13th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Happy Anniversary! Dang that is *a ton* of growth between 2008 and now! I am in awe of the productiveness of your scalp:lol: And the color and thickness are just stunning:)

Dani
June 13th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Sweet! I had no idea coming into this forum that I'd see an awesome anniversary thread from you, yay. :D Your hair just kicks butt, and takes names. I absolutely love it. The commentary wasn't long at all, to me; I loved every word! It was so cool to see your progress, and I -really- appreciate you mentioning that benign neglect is how you got where you are now. :) That helps me a lot, because while my hair is seeming to take forever to grow, I know it is growing and it's just not at a point yet where I can put it up well and out of the way, you know? BUT! I can do twin braids now. :D My most favorite style edar. So I'm happy about that. My plan is to wear it back in some sort of easy braided styles for a looong time and get on with life, and then hopefully I'll be to waist as quick as you got there. :cool: You seriously got to waist+ crazy quick, imo. Well done, oskihairs. :D

yvsa
June 13th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Wow, what a great amount of growth. And such beautiful hair. This is a real inspiration for all who is growing out their hair. Again:wow:thud:

Pixna
June 13th, 2010, 06:01 AM
WOW!!! What an inspiration you are. Your growth rate, texture, and color are all amazing. Add me to the pile, please!! :thud:

mellie
June 13th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Utter gorgeousness!! Happy Anniversary!

freckles
June 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM
congratulations on two years, and on your gorgeous, shiny hair! :)

Wally
June 13th, 2010, 06:58 AM
That is some seriously GREAT looking hair! Congrats on your success.

myrrhmaiden
June 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Oooooooh gorgeousness. :heartbeat

fairystar32
June 18th, 2010, 05:17 AM
stunning xx

DavidN
June 18th, 2010, 06:53 AM
How did I miss this thread until now!

Congratulations, Oskimosa, on your 2 year anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community! Your hair has the most beautiful thickness, colour, and condition, and you have come such a long ways!

NorthernDancer
June 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Wow, your hair growth is amazing! It's taken me two years to get from BSL to waist, I can't imagine going from shoulder to waist in the same amount of time!

I love the shine your hair has. No matter what I do I always get dull.

Congrats on your anniversary!

melrose1985
June 18th, 2010, 11:25 AM
so so so pretty!!!! The length and style (minus henna because my hair is to dark) is what I'm shooting dor.

MissMB
June 18th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Your hair color is so vibrant and pretty. And I love the profile picture with the ferret. Haha!!

FrannyG
June 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread until today! Oskimosa, your hair is absolutely gorgeous and your progress is stunning. :inlove:

Congratulations on 2 very productive years of growing healthy, beautiful hair and being a member of LHC. :blossom:

Oskimosa
June 20th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Wow, thanks so much, everyone!

And, FrannyG, I had worried when you posted on another thread about saying nothing if you thought the OP needed a good trim, if you meant me! :p

And now I've gotten a figure 8 bun to work, woohoo! Pics in my album.

Pumpkin
June 20th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread! Your hair is just beautiful!! Wow!! :thudpile:

Ranee
June 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
Very pretty! Love the color too. You posted you cut layers back in yourself. May I ask how you did that? Did you use the ponytail method?

Oskimosa
June 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
Very pretty! Love the color too. You posted you cut layers back in yourself. May I ask how you did that? Did you use the ponytail method?

Thank you! And, yes I did. I used this method (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMyJ-LR8so), so as to ensure I didn't lose more length than intended. The very bottom I used Feye's method. I don't think it turned out perfect, but with my waves and thickness I think it looks fine. At any rate, I only cut once and in her video she tells you to cut twice to make sure it's even. So, if I had done that, I think it would look better.

Also, I think that method cuts straight across while I have a u or v shaped hem. So I think it would look better if the layers also followed that hemline pattern, if that makes any sense. No way to do that without doing it piece-by-piece. Again, I'm nitpicking.

JessTheMess
June 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM
WOW!!!!! What growth you have had!!!

goldenbrunette
June 21st, 2010, 12:03 PM
WOAH
In just 2 years??
Amazing. I am in awe!

triumphator!
June 30th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I know I'm late to this post, but I love picture-heavy ones so I seek them out. Your hair is incredibly beautiful, and it inspires me to keep at my growing. What is your natural hair color, before the henna? If you can remember, of course! : )

alwayssmiling
June 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Its beautiful. Especially the colour. I love these threads, they give me hope and stop me from going for the chop! Thanks for posting.

Desideira
July 2nd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Your hair is georgous in every possible way:D
Its beutifull color, lenght, blunt,shiny :blossom:

Congratulations and happy universary.

whoanellie
July 2nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
Wow, what amazing progress, and you hair is gorgeous. That length in 2 years.... my eyes are popping out of my head! If I can even get 2/3 of your grown in 2 years I'll be doing a little dance. :)

Hotrox
July 2nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
Wow - stunning hair, stunning growth

joyxo
July 2nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
*gasp* so gorgeous!!!

I have to ask, how did you put the layers in yourself? They look lovely and I want to do something similar without going to the salon.

Oskimosa
July 2nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone! :o And triumphator, I have medium-dark ash blonde hair naturally. It is very light on top and very dark blonde on the bottom.

Medievalmaniac
July 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
That wasn't ridiculously long, it was a great read. I love seeing members' hair journeys! It's inspiring! :) Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary!!

redneckprincess
July 2nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
I'm utterly amazed!! (Not to mention slightly jealous) I'm just over 2 years from pixie and only at not quite APL. Though I did trim a couple times.
Anyways looks FANTASTIC!! :) congrats on length and condition

KittyLost
July 3rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Amazing progress! The colour is lovely.

My hair is at the same length as yours was when you first joined and you have given me inspiration that I could reach waist in two years too :)

Fiferstone
July 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Happy 2 year hair anniversary, and you have my dream color by the way. Gorgeous hair. My hair will never be as thick as yours but your color...:thudpile:. Thanks for posting the pics.

PiroskaCicu
July 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Wow!! Your hair grows so fast and it is so beautiful. :) Thanks for sharing the photos!

Dani
July 8th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Popping into this thread again, 'cause I can't help it. Oski, the Hair Queen! ("I Am The Lizard QUEEN!" -Lisa)

On the occasion when I feel like my hair will never get long and I'm getting sick and tired of this, I shall look at your photos, mist my hair with some lavendar/jojoba/water spray, oil the ends and put it up, and daydream about having hair like yours... :bounce:

I love the "anniversary/progress" threads people start; I swear we didn't used to have those... now there are a ton and I love seeing them. I'm always like, Someday, man. Someday I will be there, and then I will be here, posting pics about it. And then I'll be over there, putting in some new Grahtoe fork, or putting up Real double buns with magic grips and being all, I am the shizzle. Look at my beauteous hair. And then I'll move over there, onto more important things, like being nutsos with my daughter, heh. And kicking shadow being bums along with Midna in Twilight Princess. :cool: Because Zelda is important to me. It's part of who I AM, man. heh. I'll never forget the first few times I ran into shadow beings, I was a bit scared out of my mind, cause the music and how they look is just, you know, scary, but after awhile I was like, Psh. You've gotta be kidding me. These guys are so easy. And then I'd proceed to destroy them in like 10 seconds. Now it's fun. ;) Uh, anyway. Methinks I'll go turn on the wii now.. *steps away*

That is all.

NiAosSi
July 8th, 2010, 04:42 AM
It looks so awesome! Nice progress!

Chrissy
July 8th, 2010, 04:48 AM
OK I admit it I'm so jealous of your growth rate!!! Your hair is beautiful and so are you. Congrats on 2 yrs! :)

Gnomentum
July 8th, 2010, 05:14 AM
AW, STUNNING! I love your hair.. gorgeous with waves or brushed out.. and that COLOUR!!!

Congratulations! You give me hope of hitting hip or even TB by next summer!

pepperminttea
July 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Such beautiful hair - congratulations on your growth and LHC anniversary! :D

MissMaryMac
July 8th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Your hair is amazing!!!! Everything, the color, texture, length!! :thudpile:

sakuraemily
July 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM
wow! the color is great!
your texture's lovely too. how do you get your hair to be so smooth and shiny?

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is beautiful, and I believe you'll definitely hit hip by the end of the summer, if that spectacular growth keeps up! :flower:

ooo
July 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Wow! I wish my hair would grow that fast.

triumphator!
July 10th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone! :o And triumphator, I have medium-dark ash blonde hair naturally. It is very light on top and very dark blonde on the bottom.

Wow, what absolutely stunning results you've had with henna!

*BelievingAgain
July 10th, 2010, 06:13 PM
WOW Oskimosa, you have had incredible progress - your pictures and growth journey are an inspiration to me! Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you continue to spend lots of time on the boards :flower:

Hockeymomof3
July 10th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing your progress and pictures! It's definitely an insipiration for me. Your hair is gorgeous!

karenpetal
July 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
absolutely gorgeous !!!! great going !!

going gray
July 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
You have stunning hair, it's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary too....

sugarpixie10988
July 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Amazing progress! Your hair is so long and beautiful :).

Paniscus
July 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
ZOOM! Your hair grows fast; lucky you! And it's beautiful. Throw me some of that benign neglect that YOU use, cuz mine ain't working :D

Congrats on the two year progress... woot!

JeanyBeany
August 26th, 2010, 06:51 PM
May I ask what henna you use to dye your hair?
Your color is absolutely WONDERFUL!

Gvnagitlvgei
August 26th, 2010, 07:02 PM
It's so beautiful. My daughter came to the screen and said, "wow, her hair is so beautiful!" That's two votes from here.

ritza
August 26th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Congrats & I love the color........:cheese:

Happy Hair Growing!

Paniscus
August 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
OK girl, that is some awesome growth!!! Congratulations!

But can we now discuss just how RIDICULOUSLY beautiful your hair is? Yowzers! I have always loved your avatar picture, by the way. Pretty, pretty!

Thanks for the bonus pictures- yes indeed, there are some horse (animal) lovers here!

heynormy
August 26th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Congrats!! You've gotten a lot of growth, oh and your color is amazing!!! :)

Antipodienne
August 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Wow. The color of your hair is just...gorgeous.

RedheadMistress
August 27th, 2010, 06:34 AM
- Wow, I love the shine and beautiful waves of your hair !

Gorgeous progress ;)

Your pictures make me want to get BAQ henna, I don't think the hennas I find are good enough :(

LouLaLa
August 27th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Wowza that is really amazing!

Your layers grew out really attractively too!

Oh and btw I LOVE your glasess! (as a fellow glasses wearer I give you big points for cool glassess) :p

Phexlyn
August 27th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Congrats on waist+ and your anniversary! :)
I love your flame-red hair, it's gorgeous.

leslissocool
August 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
:) omg happy anniversary!!! i love your hair it's so gorgeous!!!

growing2shine
August 27th, 2010, 08:13 AM
It's amazing that you've got that much hair in ONLY to years. And it looks incredible!!! :agape: :drama: Congratulations with the anniversary :flower:

Idun
August 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Wow, Oskimosa your hair is very, very beautiful! Congratualtions on your great progess and anniversary! :cake:

lapushka
August 27th, 2010, 10:07 AM
It grew super fast. That's amazing in just 2 years.

You've got gorgeous hair! Congrats on your anniversary!

x0h_bother
August 27th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Very pretty, lots of thuds! I've always liked your hair and have been jealous of your growth! Amazing!

Henrietta
August 27th, 2010, 12:17 PM
You already know that I am in love with your haircolour... Now also with french braid waves. They are stunning! :)

Great progress! And your pictures inspire me to grow...

SpinDance
August 27th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is stunning!

FrizzBall
August 27th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Your waves and color is gorgeous. Henna truly is awesome. Can wait until I can feel the weight of my hair down my back but with my texture that's probably just wishful thinking. Happy hairversary!

Sharon13
August 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Absolutely amazing! The color of your hair is amazing, and so radiant. Congrats on your anniversary. :)