PDA

View Full Version : Hair Mask question

Carena
June 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I have Loreal Series shampoos, conditioners, and masks. On days when I apply the hair mask, should I still apply the hair conditioner after (or before) the mask? What is better? There is no information about this on the bottles.

Honey39
June 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I always thought a hair mask replaced the conditioner??? Try both and see which works best, I guess!

young&reckless
June 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM
A hair mask is a super heavy condish. If you use condish with it its just a waist.

Carena
June 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. However recently I got the Loreal Absolut Repair and I tried it once and I think it left my hair kind of dry and rough. The Absolut Repair conditioner doesnt do that, my hair feel soft after it. So I was thinking maybe I should have used the hair conditioner after the mask...

sensisweetie
June 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Either use it in replacement of the condish,
or do what i love to do and prepoo with it (if you even use poo... :)) then condish like normal.

NiAosSi
June 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Is the Absolut Repair protein? Most repair treatments are and should be followed by some sort of conditioner. The moisture and protein game is treacherous for some. Too much moisture and hair feels very stretchy, too much protein and it snaps quickly.

Cheeks1206
June 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Is the Absolut Repair protein? Most repair treatments are and should be followed by some sort of conditioner. The moisture and protein game is treacherous for some. Too much moisture and hair feels very stretchy, too much protein and it snaps quickly.

This. Some people report proteins make their hair feel hay-like. That sounds like what you experienced.

Carena
August 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Ha ha....what exactly is a "prepoo"???? :confused:

I dont know if this is a protein mask. It just says "L'oreal Professional, Expert Series, Absolut Rpair"....and below that it says "NEOFIBRIN tm"....whatever that means.

Considering that it describes itself as "repair mask for very damaged hair" this should be just what I need as my hair are exactly that- very damaged....or should I say "very very damaged"....

Not that there is anything wrong with it, other than what I said...they feel rough or frizzy I guess. I was expecting it would do the opposite. I never use hair conditioner on days I do the mask treatment but after I got this one mask I began to think if perhaps I actually should be using the conditioner afterwards.

Or perhaps I should try using the L'oreal Professional "Liss Ultime Reflixium" serum for "unrully" hair that I bought. I dont like using this serum much because it leaves my hair too soft. But it might do just fine after this mask.

What do u think?:)