PDA

View Full Version : Hair nightmares/dreams

OperaTeacherMom
June 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM
You know you're spending too much time on LHC when you have nightmares about your hair, LOL.

Last night, I dreamed that my hair was finally long enough to do a s&d to look for split ends, and when I looked, EVERY SINGLE HAIR was splitting like an inch up from the bottom. It was so awful, I had to chop off all my beautiful growth. Thankfully I know this won't happen, since I'm babying my hair quite a bit now, and even when I wasn't my split ends and breakage were never THAT bad.

Anyone else have hair nightmares to share?

gossamer
June 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM
How funny, I just searched through the threads earlier this morning looking for a dream thread. Thankfully, my dream was not scary like yours.

I just dreamed I ran into a short woman with ankle length hair, and while we traded hair stories, she complimented me on how thick mine was. The disappointment was upon waking to my real life, not so thick hair. Alas!

rosek
June 13th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I dreamt half of it fell out :( It made me very upset, I actually woke up and clutched my braid. I was so relieved to find it still there!

Linainverse
June 13th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Dreamt it went from how it is now (APL) to a tiny 6 inch bob thanks to an apprentice hairdresser. Woke up sweating.

That was a while ago. Recently I've had the growing-hair-in-unusual-places dreams, like a couple of nights ago I had a long, grey beard that I couldn't get rid of.

Amazing how your imagination loves to torment you when you're supposed to be regenerating.

eamane
June 13th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I had a real bad nightmare about a week ago: I dreamt someone took my low ponytail and just chopped it off!! The first thing I did when I woke was to feel at my braid to make sure it was still there. A wierd part though was that my hair was blond! Quite a few years now since I was blond last...

Chestershire
June 13th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Wow, that's kinda spooky!
i never had 'hairnightmares before, guess my hair isn't long enough :D

akevita2002
June 13th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I recently dreamt that I put my hair in a bun, took a scissors and cut it from where the hair band was. Then I felt terrible because i saw my hair was super thick- like 5 inches in circumference, unlike reality.

I will hold responsible for the dream LHC overflow and my paranoia that hair looks thinner on me when it gets longer.

KittyLost
June 13th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I dreamed recently that I was complaining about having to cut my hair to even it out as the shortest part of my a-line finally hit shoulder length with the longest part being just below my shoulders and my friend agreed to cut my hair for me. Once she was finished I looked in the mirror and after she had cut my hair the length was suddenly BSL!

I woke up and was disappointed to find my hair still 2inches away from my shoulders!

frodolaughs
June 13th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I've mostly only had hair nightmares when my hair was short. One more reason to grow!

JenniferNoel
June 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I have had a dream two nights in a row now that I shed black, stiff strands the width of dental floss. My whole head is full of strands between that width, and at the finest, the width of a two ply thread when I look in the mirror, and I love it.
I think it's because I'm getting used to coarser strands at the responsibility of the henna and indigo!

Qadupae
June 14th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Lately, whenever I have dreams or nightmares that have nothing to do with hair, somehow my hair at one point or another does get center stage in the dream and it is normally very long and thick and glorious compared to what it is now. Even my subconscious wants long hair now ^_^

NJoy
June 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
In my dream, I was unbraiding my bsl hair and it reached to tailbone length. It seemed that it could have reached a bit longer if I stretched it. I was startled at the sudden length. But in real life, I would've been thrilled!!!! :D