PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while...

horseprincess
June 12th, 2010, 12:51 AM
So I haven't been on here since the end of December. I have since ruined my hair all over again!

I started blow drying again.
Then I got a about two inches cut off in the first week of march, which was actually good because I hadn't cut since june of last year.
But then, I decided to darken my hair with a semi permanent box dye in the beginning of April. I also reverted back to using a flat iron on my naturally fine, straight hair. I have been using the treseme heat protectant spray, but honestly I'm realizing doesn't help at all really. Then on May 1st I used a permanent box dye do darken my hair. I also cut my bangs that I was trying to grow out (they were already almost to my chin) a few weeks ago.

Right now my hair is between shoulder and Apl.

gahhhh!! I need to get back on track with babying my hair, my goal is still mid back length hair. :rolleyes:

Purdy Bear
June 12th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Dont be down on yourself! Apparently it takes 21 days to change any habit, and it is sooooooooooooooo easy to fall back into them.

Iv come to the conclusion, hair care is more of an adventure then we think.

IcarusBride
June 12th, 2010, 05:39 AM
You can do it! It's really hard to resist wanting to try every new cute thing that comes out for hair... the hardest thing about it is the fact that it's not permanant, the hair WILL grow out eventually, so when you are trying to resist the dye/straitener/curling iron/blow dryer you use that excuse and let yourself!

I'm curious, though, about 1 thing: If you have strait hair, why use a straitening iron? It makes no sense to me, haha. I also have strait/fine hair and I admit I used one ONCE, on only 1 chunk of hair, just because I was curious if my hair was "as strait as it gets" or if it would somehow get EVEN STRAITER using the iron, but there was no difference after using it, except that that chunk felt kind of limp and dry until the next time I washed my hair. haha

FrannyG
June 12th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi horseprincess, it's nice to meet you. :waving: I was away from the board during the time you were here.

I have done damage to my hair since joining LHC that has completely thrown my growing goals off track twice. Believe me, you are not alone.

I'm happy that you're back here and we can all keep one another encouraged, and I look forward to watching your progress. :blossom:

Gypsygirl
June 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Nice to see you back in the saddle! :)

horseprincess
June 12th, 2010, 04:13 PM
thanks guys. =]

yeahhhh honestly I dont really understand the whole straightening straight hair either. All it does is get rid of any body wave you may have or calics. But mostly its just SUPER drying, breakage causing, split causing, basically just kills hair.

Lunami
June 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I always do the same with my bangs. They never get longer than chin lenght! I wish you luck quitting the flat iron and caring for your hair! :)

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I hear ya- sometimes we do the damage ourselves- yikes!

Loreley
June 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Welcome back! You can do it! :)

Gypsygirl
June 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
thanks guys. =]All it does is get rid of any body wave you may have or calics.

I braid my hair when it is wet and then sleep on it because I want waves so badly. ;)