PDA

View Full Version : I want to boast!

alwayssmiling
June 11th, 2010, 06:50 AM
:D..Since November I have measured my hair regularly/religiously. I have consistently been getting 1/2 inch every month, which I have logged down in my profile at the end of each month. On the last day of May I measured in at exactly 18.5". I measure, my daughter measures and my husband triple checks to be sure. I stand with my head perfectly straight so I'm pretty sure my 1/2" measurement is fairly accurate.

I noticed yesterday that my hair felt a little longer. My side braids looked less ratty and it was sitting further down my collar bone. So...I measured again (10th June)- I was 19"!!!!! That means that I have gained 1/2" in 10 days! I could be looking at 1" per month :eek::eek::eek:.

It could be
..I am having unusual growth bursts
..Biotin is finally starting to work
..Summer growth
..I have always had good growth but now breakage is coming to an end :pray:

If I grow 1" per month I may reach APL by September!

Anyone else have sudden growth spurts? Please tell me its not a one off :D.

countryhopper
June 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Great job!

I started measuring when I joined back in February, and I started out at 18.5 inches. Every month since then I gained an inch of growth, but last month I only got half an inch. But half an inch is still good, from what I read on here! So I'm taking it...

I just trimmed to get my ends even after growing out an A-line bob, so that took off almost half an inch, although that is more from the sides and not the back, where I usually measure.

I'm not taking any suppliments, but those other months I was eating more steel cut oats with millet for breakfast (with a banana on top!), so I wonder if that had something to do with the faster growth?? Maybe I'll have to try it again!

Loreley
June 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM
My hair usually grows 1-2 cms in a month. It's not bad, but I always trim at least 1 cm. I started measuring my hair in November, it was 42.5" then, now it's 45". Only 2.5", but at least my hair is in much better condition and my ends are thicker.
I've taken hair vitamins for 2 months and I get 2 cms in a month. I don't know if it's because of them or summer, etc.
You're lucky if you get an inch per month. I hope you'll reach APL by September! :)

spidermom
June 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I had a most amazing and gratifying growth spurt. In mid-January, I had 4 inches trimmed away (too many splits, too grabby). By mid-May, I had regrown that 4 inches. I wasn't doing anything different than usual. Last year I only got 1-3/4 inches of growth between January and May.

Ravenne
June 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
In this past month I've apparently grown nearly an inch. I looked at my picture from May 1, and took a picture last night, wearing the same striped shirt. The difference between the heights, according to the stripes on the shirt were around 1/2" maybe a little more. And I cut off about a 1/4". Wow! Hoping this keeps up. I'm gonna hold off on trimming for a while and hope I hit bsl soon.

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 08:03 AM
That's awesome! Congrats!

I'm just starting out measuring and growing...I can't wait to se what my normal growth rate is.

Gypsygirl
June 13th, 2010, 08:13 AM
My hair tends to grow faster in the summer but I guess you've just been doing all the right things! :) Way to g(r)ow!

Angelperception, I love your avatar! Makes me smile right back at you!