PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how great a Coconut Milk soak can be

julliams
June 11th, 2010, 01:54 AM
After several months of not bothering with it, I went back to a Light Coconut Milk soak for an hour before washing and I was nicely surprised at how soft my hair feels. I had totally forgotten how moisturising this is. It even got through all that silicone (which I know is there because my hair is drying almost straight again). Time to clarify again I guess.

FrannyG
June 11th, 2010, 04:25 AM
It can be a bit drippy, but a coconut milk soak really makes the hair feel so good. It's definitely worth the time. I couldn't agree with you more. :)

emmabovary
June 11th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Coconut milk does wonders for my hair too :)

kristymarie87
June 11th, 2010, 05:47 AM
How do you apply it? Just rinse your hair in it? I'd love to give it a go!

julliams
June 11th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I used to just tip it all over my head over the bath but now I've found that if I just take "handfuls" of it and rake it through my hair over the sink. About a third of a can goes all the way through my thick BSL hair. Then I just put it up in a bun and wear a tea towel around my neck to soak up the drips. I leave it in for about an hour if I can - sometimes I even go for a walk with my hair like this. I just freeze the rest in small containers so I get 3 soaks out of a single can. I've only ever used light coconut milk because I've heard that the full cream is a little too heavy.

countryhopper
June 11th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for sharing! I've never done this, but I'll keep it in mind next time I buy coconut milk!

doro357
June 11th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Sounds nice.Maybe I'll try it.