View Full Version : Tangled...the newest remake of Rapunzel...

trolleypup
June 10th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Ahahahahahaha! "Let down your hair!" (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tangled-Trailer-Turns-Rapunzel-Into-An-Octopus-18967.html)

Debra83
June 10th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Very nice! Going to get camera.....
.....okay, got camera....going to have to wait until my hair is dry...it looks awful wet....
....oops, also have to charge camera's battery!!.....

BunnyBee
June 10th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Wow is that a hidden ability of super long hair or what?! :D

They did a really good job with that hair.. and the facial expressions are hilarious! How far animation has come eh.. lol

missjessiecakes
June 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Oh it looks so cute! :)

Teazel
June 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I've got hair envy. :wink:

Debra83
June 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Oh...for crying out loud!!!! I TOTALLY missed the linky thingy!!!! I thought you were letting down YOUR hair...I couldn't figure out why you were starting a thread like that, but I was going to play!!!! Er....her hair is a little too long for my goal length though, unless I could teach it to do cool tricks to cute guys!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!! :o:D

sarah061
June 10th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Woah! That is some very nice looking animated hair! :) I've been waiting excitedly for a trailer for that movie - that hair can do some pretty cool tricks! Looks like a cute movie, especially for us LHC people <3

Loreley
June 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Awww, this must be a very funny movie! I'm looking forward to watching it! :D

emmabovary
June 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM
What, you ladies can't do that with your hair?! That's how I get guys :silly:

Gypsy
June 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Scroll down to nicolezoie's post in this thread-
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4650&highlight=rapunzel&page=7

janeytilllie
June 11th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Very cool :D The animation looks wonderful. I can't wait to see the movie :)

Pumpkin
June 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Awesome hair!! (giggle) :)

GRU
June 11th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Did anyone else notice that they used the "teen" version of "like" in the trailer?

She's Been Grounded
Like..... FOREVER!!!!

That really grinds my gears. I am so SICK AND TIRED of hearing kids (and now 20-somethings who started saying it as teens and have since "grown up") say "like" in every third word of every single sentence they utter! I would dearly love to kill every single original Valley Girl who started this idiotic language trend!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I'm stepping down from my :soapbox: now... we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Jessclewlow
June 11th, 2010, 07:10 AM
hahaha! that trailer actually just made me laugh out loud... CANT WAIT!

Wavelength
June 11th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I have a question -- how'd she tie him to the chair with her hair (supposedly), and then still have her own hair uncut on her head?

And the prehensile hair thing... I dunno...

It's trying to be cute about it, but I can see people watching this film, laughing at it, and then when they actually meet someone with very long hair, they'll remember Rapunzel's hair grabbing and clutching like an octopus and being even more convinced than ever that "long hair is creepy".

chopandchange
June 11th, 2010, 07:52 AM
GRU, I totally agree.

It's, like, so annoying!

:drama:

As for Repunzel: well, it looks cool!

GRU
June 11th, 2010, 07:58 AM
GRU, I totally agree.

It's, like, so annoying!

:drama:

(sorry for the hijack, folks!)

BTW, I always smile when I see your siggy line.... I actually boycott businesses that use an apostrophe for a plural word in their signage! And don't get me started on your/you're, there/they're/their, its/it's, etc.!

I've been known to make liberal use of these images:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/grammar-BP.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/GrammarPolice.gif

Wavelength
June 11th, 2010, 08:08 AM
:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

I LOVE those images, GRU!

There's an independent tax-filing business in town and their sign reads: Tax Pro's. It drives me completely up the wall to have to see that when I drive past. It's bad enough when ordinary people screw up their grammar and punctuation -- but business professionals? And it's on a sign?!
:justy:

chopandchange
June 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that they've called this film "Tangled" and yet bestowed its protagonist with impossibly long hair with no apparent taper or tangles whatsoever?

Maybe there's some plot implication or play on words in the title, which cannot be grasped just by watching the trailer alone. Still, said hair would also appear to be worn loose at all times and yet stay perfectly clean, despite her allowing it to trail across the floor. It also appears to have no breakage, despite her wrapping it around random objects to lasso them and using considerable force to yank things around and swing herself around. I think I would have a very sore neck if I dangled myself from somewhere using only my hair!

You can see why this movie had to be animated. It just doesn't work that way in real life!

jel
June 11th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Well, my ends are a bit grabby at tailbone... Who knows what might happen when they're a few dozen feet longer! ;)

Chopandchange, I agree! No tangles...??? Unrealistic! ;)

Tapioca
June 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Well, when her hair flops down on the guy (let down your hair!), it looks frizzy and tangly. Maybe she just goes through a few gallons of coconut oil a day? Oh, and when the chameleon sticks his tongue in the guy's ear, I had to laugh. My rats are constantly sticking their noses in my ear.

Pegasus Marsters
June 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
If her hair was tangled and knotted then she'd basically spend the whole movie detangling with a wide tooth comb, which would be pretty dang boring, dontcha think? :rolleyes: It's a DISNEY movie people. It's not going to be true to life.

GeoJ
June 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
That trailer was funny, and it reminded me of a character I used to play in one of those old martial arts video games (her hair wasn't that long, but it did grab people and throw them around).

skay
June 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Trolleypup, thanks for posting the trailer. What a "twist" on the Rapunzel story (no pun intended).

The movie does seem to be catering to a very young crowd with the types of jokes, language, etc. it uses, but I'd like to see it, because Hey it's about long hair, it's Disney, and it has some laughs!

And it's cool it'll be in 3-D.

It'd be fun to see with other long hairs though my hair is only "Can I call this BSL?" :D (Granted, yes, that's long in many people eyes).

Hmm, maybe my hair will have nice growth spurts in time for the movie release in Dec. 2010! :)

cellardoor
June 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM
aww now I really want to see this! I love Disney!!

breezefaerie
June 11th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Looks very cute - I can't wait to see it!

Lilacs
June 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Oooooh, I'm excited! I really want to see it... I love Disney:love:

naereid
June 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I can't decide whether her tentacles are awesome or just plain weird. But I guess they had to give her something to make her powerful instead of a damsel in distress. I'm not much of a Disney or CGI fan, but I'll probably see it just for the hair.

They kept saying that the CGI would be oh so revolutionary or something, but I'm not that impressed. Still not liking it better than 2D. :o

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4650&highlight=rapunzel&page=7
Whoa, that's so cool. :)

Bast
June 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM
One thing that Disney does very well are animal companions. Can't wait to see this one!

gypsychild
June 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM
It does look surprisingly realistic. I'm afraid I'm still nostalgic for the days of classical Disney animation though...

GlassEyes
June 11th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I would've liked 2D, but they did a great job with her hair.

Seriously, it's like, INSANELY hard to animate hair properly. Actually, for a while, it was thought impossible. Those animators must have gone insane.

And it was funny. xD; I'm officially a fan of the main dude--smouldering my ass. :lol:

sibiryachka
June 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM

I will inevitably see this purely because I have a 7-year-old niece, and anyway I love me some Disney :p, but holy smack, people, we have a genuine hair celebrity in our midst!! That's reason enough to pony up, so nicolezoie will get her well-deserved royalties! I am excited about this beyond all proportion.

Purdy Bear
June 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I cant wait, I was trying to hold a giggle in (I was on my headphones while others were watching something on Tv).

Islandgrrl
June 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that they've called this film "Tangled" and yet bestowed its protagonist with impossibly long hair with no apparent taper or tangles whatsoever?

Maybe there's some plot implication or play on words in the title, which cannot be grasped just by watching the trailer alone. Still, said hair would also appear to be worn loose at all times and yet stay perfectly clean, despite her allowing it to trail across the floor. It also appears to have no breakage, despite her wrapping it around random objects to lasso them and using considerable force to yank things around and swing herself around. I think I would have a very sore neck if I dangled myself from somewhere using only my hair!

You can see why this movie had to be animated. It just doesn't work that way in real life!

See, this is why I want movie hair. It's so versatile.

KahlanAmnell
June 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Movies like this is why little girls gasp when they see long haired folks. Apparently having long hair imbibes you with magical qualities. LOL Sounds like an interesting movie.

BunnyBee
June 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I love the bit where he goes "Let down your ha-!" And gets whacked with her hair.. It looks awesomely realistic :D

I haven't seen a good Disney movie in a long time...
December is aaages!

*Ahem* May I steal these? :p

(sorry for the hijack, folks!)

I've been known to make liberal use of these images:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/grammar-BP.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/GrammarPolice.gif

GRU
June 11th, 2010, 03:38 PM
*Ahem* May I steal these? :p

ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY!!! The more people in this world who actually G.A.S. about grammar and spelling, the better!

I think the thing that kills me the most is that the folks for whom English is their second (or third or fourth or fifth!) language are usually WAY better at posting on forums than people who are native English-speakers (meaning American-English... I don't see as many problems with Brits)!

When I see someone from another continent who knows when to use "there" and when to use "their" and in the same thread I see someone who was born and raised here but doesn't know the correct usage, it just grinds my gears like there's no tomorrow!

Something else you might like, posted as a siggy line in another forum:

Your: possessive pronoun.
You're: contraction of "you are"
ur: you are 8 years old. Get off my internet.

teela1978
June 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
It does look surprisingly realistic. I'm afraid I'm still nostalgic for the days of classical Disney animation though...
I agree. I'm rather sad to say that I have yet to see the princess and the frog, which is supposedly all classically animated. Need to get around to netflixing that!

Tangled does look good though. I'm certain I'll enjoy it :)

GRU
June 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
How funny is this.... the "sponsor message" that played before the trailer just now was for UFC 115 -- Liddell vs Franklin. What a combination: MMA fighting and a Disney movie!

Sammybunny711
June 11th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I cannot WAIT to see this!!! I have been waiting SOOOO long for this to come out!

Siava
June 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
OH goodness! I want to see this.

Alaia
June 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I dislike Disney in general, but I'm probably going to have to see this.

I remember when nicolezoie (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) posted about her experience, she's fantastic! :D

GRU, I'm going to have to steal those pictures too ;)

PiroskaCicu
June 11th, 2010, 08:50 PM
LOL this looks fun to watch! Especially for us long hair lovers... :) her hair is so envy-worthy..shiny healthy and powerful? lol. :)

adiapalic
June 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM
:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

I LOVE those images, GRU!

There's an independent tax-filing business in town and their sign reads: Tax Pro's. It drives me completely up the wall to have to see that when I drive past. It's bad enough when ordinary people screw up their grammar and punctuation -- but business professionals? And it's on a sign?!
:justy:

Adding to the hijack... I do believe businesses are often using the possessive form, like "Lowe's Home Improvement" for example. As in, "this is our home improvement store".

As for the disney film Tangled, I'll definitely be looking out for this one. The animation looks great. Love the humor :laugh: :flower:

GRU
June 11th, 2010, 09:26 PM
GRU, I'm going to have to steal those pictures too ;)

Yay! I'll take as many recruits as I can! :D

meowmeow
June 11th, 2010, 11:32 PM
That trailer was funny, and it reminded me of a character I used to play in one of those old martial arts video games (her hair wasn't that long, but it did grab people and throw them around).

Guilty Gear? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZUArAv_l0&feature=related)

Anyway, I loved the trailer! :) I like that her hair is (or looks like anyway) prehensile.

LittleOrca
June 12th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I think this image belongs here :)

http://www.monoscope.com/quickimagepost/2007/12/bp3.blogger.com__8iJvobi-bL4_R2KVL4bEITI_AAAAAAAAC6o_Qphm5Z_xPnI_s400_hair. jpg

Aurantia
June 12th, 2010, 03:31 AM

Gypsy, thanks for this. :)

rosek
June 12th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I love Disney. It looks amazing, I'm so exicted. I showed the trailer to DBF (me, giggling the whole time). He rolled his eyes. I think he'll like it :p

GlassEyes
June 12th, 2010, 07:02 AM

If they did a live-action or somethign similar, they could just use extensions, CG, and mechanics. It wouldn't be impossible.

And, of course, it's a Disney movie. I don't expect much realism from that. It's based off a bloody legend about a girl with hair longer than a freaking tower.

And if you -want- realism, can you imagine bunning or braiding that thing? The former would be too heavy, and the laltter wouldl take forever. And she's in the tower with a witch--I'm sure her magic would have something to do with it, and should be a hint for suspension of reality. If they story is good enough, it happens.

Sammich
June 12th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I really wanna see this so badly! Can't wait till it comes out! :D

sweet*things
June 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I hope they don't cut her hair. Or if they do, because I know it is part of the traditional story, they leave her with tailbone length at least. I freaking hate it when they chop it to a chin length bob because the character is supposed to be all sassy and liberated now. :( One's hair has nothing to do with one's attitude.

Siava
June 12th, 2010, 01:39 PM
^Unless they give her a mohawk. Now that would be cool! :D

EdG
June 12th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Yahoo! has a Quicktime version for people who can't (or won't) use Flash.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810121160/video

Click on the HD button. :)
Ed

maria_asa
June 13th, 2010, 02:47 AM
It looks really funny. Now I only have to convince dbf that he will not only have to go see a Disney movie but also one with a lot of hair :D

Chestershire
June 13th, 2010, 03:20 AM
ha! the main dude looks like my brother. Both looks and characteristics

drquartz1970
June 13th, 2010, 07:32 AM
ha-ha-ha! that hair sure packs a punch! would be fun to go see the movie when it comes out. always refreshing when humour is present in quantity in a hollywood flick. anyone ever remember reading that graphic comic novel called rapunzels revenge where this rapunzel escapes her tower without any assistance from prince charming, teams up with a boy thief and uses her hair as a lasso in a wild western-like story?

Sofoulee
July 25th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I absolutely LOVE this. I think I'm going to be obsessed with this movie when it comes out. :) SO adorable.

Phexlyn
July 26th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I absolutely LOVE this. I think I'm going to be obsessed with this movie when it comes out. :) SO adorable.
This :D I can't wait to see this, I just love the way she uses her hair to fight, and jump, and just have fun with it. Though I'll probably have to make sure to get the Original version, the German translations are horrible sometimes.

heynormy
July 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I can't wait for this movie! My sister and I will be at the front of the line for this one!! :D

Juneii
July 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I saw the trailer for this movie about a month ago but never got around to posting it here :) I can't wait to see it! I must see it!