PDA

View Full Version : Need a style for a very tender scalp

rhosyn_du
June 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I don't know what's up with my scalp today, but every style I try has my whole scalp aching within five minutes. I'm at work, so I can't leave my hair down, and all I have to work with is a single hair stick. So far, I've tried a bee-butt bun, a lazy wrap bun, a gibraltar bun, and a figure-8 bun, all at various tightnesses, and they all leave me in horrible pain. Any suggestions?

KahlanAmnell
June 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Have you tried placing the bun lower towards your neck? Usually when my scalp hurts its towards the top, so going lower and a bit looser helps.

rhosyn_du
June 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I've tried a few different placements. Low did not work out so well. So far, the best is directly on top of my head, which looks kind of dorky, but it doesn't hurt quite as badly as anywhere else.

Anje
June 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
How about a really low lazy wrap bun at your nape? (You can twist the hair if it helps make it more secure -- a few loose twist makes it hold better for me.)

Otherwise, try a braid at the nape held with whatever you can find. Twist ties work well. That's my go-to when my scalp is being a pain.

rhosyn_du
June 10th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Ah, twist-ties! You are a genius. I am now happily braided and mostly pain-free. Thank you!