PDA

View Full Version : Fun Beach Hair Pics!!!

Ravenwaves 88
June 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Lovely day in the sun! My DD4 in a hot pink one piece. Other girl a friend.

Decided to do another full head henna just two days ago. I'm happy with it.
http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/Ravenwaves88/Hair/DSCF2895.jpg

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/Ravenwaves88/Hair/DSCF2894.jpg

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/Ravenwaves88/Hair/DSCF2893.jpg

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/Ravenwaves88/Hair/DSCF2892.jpg

More to come :D

spidermom
June 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Ooooooooh, the beach! Love it; love your pics.

Ravenwaves 88
June 10th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Ooooooooh, the beach! Love it; love your pics.

Thanks spidermom. It's been a great day!

skay
June 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I love hair beach pics!

You're hair looks great flowing in the wind! Perfect for the beach. :)

BrightEyes
June 10th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Oooh! That looks like so much fun! I love the beach. And your hair looks very pretty. Carefree, blowing in the wind. Love it.

btw: that little girl looks pretty sunburned. Ouch!

embee
June 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Oooh, makes me think of going to the beach in SC when my DD was little! :)

LittleOrca
June 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I love hair pictures at the beach. ;)

Ravenwaves 88
June 10th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Oooh! That looks like so much fun! I love the beach. And your hair looks very pretty. Carefree, blowing in the wind. Love it.

btw: that little girl looks pretty sunburned. Ouch!

Thanks bright eyes, yeah her mom isn't really skin protection savy. Not my place really. My DD was almost ghost white with sunscreen.

Ravenwaves 88
June 10th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I love hair beach pics!

You're hair looks great flowing in the wind! Perfect for the beach. :)

Thank you skay! I am covered in coconut oil but the 10 min down for pics was worth it.

BrightEyes
June 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
My DD was almost ghost white with sunscreen.

Yeah, that's me and my kids. We fry from just five minutes in the sun. We really have to cake the suncreen on lol.

And I do agree with you, it wouldn't be your place to put SPF on her. But she was probably feeling the burn later.....eeepp!!

GuinevereMay
June 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Beach pics! I have TONS. Here's mine:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4471137942_8e2fc7ef73.jpg

Pandora.
June 10th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Everyone's pictures are beautiful! I'm full of envy right now. :D

ButterCup02
June 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Wow! Love your hair :) I wish we were closer to the ocean! Thanks for sharing!

Foxknot
June 10th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Oh, oh, ohhh...I love the ocean! ^^ I wish it were sunny here so I could take beach pictures. These pictures are all gorgeous. :3

cybernetica
June 10th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Soo jealous now :) Love all the pics! I can't wait to hit the beaches, tho I am no big fan of salt water I grew up in lake country :D

Ravenwaves 88
June 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Beach pics! I have TONS. Here's mine:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4471137942_8e2fc7ef73.jpg

Lovely hair and blue water. I didn't even realize the title of this thread could be open to anyone when I posted...lol. I can't wait to see more beach pics!

jane53
June 10th, 2010, 05:18 PM
sob. the beach tar is starting to come ashore on our beaches....Thanks, BP! :.-(

(I love these pictures. Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime!)

Yozhik
June 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Gorgeous hair and gorgeous pictures at the beach! I'm betting it's a little chilly, yet for the water, though, right? Still, it looks like that was a great day :)

jane53
June 10th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Gorgeous hair and gorgeous pictures at the beach! I'm betting it's a little chilly, yet for the water, though, right? Still, it looks like that was a great day :)

mid 90s here; it wouldn't be chilly in the water. Greasy probably. :mad:

GuinevereMay
June 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Lovely hair and blue water. I didn't even realize the title of this thread could be open to anyone when I posted...lol. I can't wait to see more beach pics!
Well, I guess the OP didn't invite other people to post photos, but I figured 'what the heck?' I suppose I could post another thread about hair and beach pictures.

Opinions? Is it okay to post beach and hair pictures here or should another thread be started?

I can remove my photo if it's upsetting anyone. Didn't mean to offend!

marikamt
June 10th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I certainly don't want to speak for OP, but knowing her a little but, i think it is fine....
great beach pics! Love 'em!!!!!!

GRU
June 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Not the OP, but personally, I'd rather have an "official beach pictures" thread that everyone contributes to, instead of 250 different "here are my beach pictures" threads.

Jealous of all the folks with warm water... our pool water is "up" to 74 degrees Fahrenheit right now.... I won't be getting in for another 6-10 degrees!!!!

Neddy
June 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I would post some pics but my hair is a hot mess after i've been romping around in the ocean. The saltwater coupled with wind and sun leads to gorgeous curls under a net of fly aways and snarls at the back of my neck. Blah.

pineconejg
June 10th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Nice pics. I wish I could go to the beach.

katze666
June 11th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I love beach!
I live really close to the sea and i love to go to the beach every day on summer.

Loreley
June 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Lovely pictures! :D
I'm so jealous, I've never seen the ocean yet... It's very far from here. :(

Ravenwaves 88
June 11th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Well, I guess the OP didn't invite other people to post photos, but I figured 'what the heck?' I suppose I could post another thread about hair and beach pictures.

Opinions? Is it okay to post beach and hair pictures here or should another thread be started?

I can remove my photo if it's upsetting anyone. Didn't mean to offend!

No offense here.....I just wish I had thought to do it myself! Great idea GuinevereMay!

jewelotn
June 11th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Ravenwaves,

I'm a little late to the thread but could you tell me your natural hair color, if you don't mind? I ask b/c I think we have similiar hair types and I'm thinking of trying henna. My natural hair color is black with hints of brown if you see it in the sun.

I'm in the middle of collecting hair so I can do a test strand but am wondering if I need to order a sample of indigo with the henna sample? I've been reading up on henna but it seems hard to find pix of people who have naturally dark, dark hair that henna their hair...

LaurelSpring
June 11th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Great pics! Thanks for posting. Your hair looks awesome. You can really see the henna shine in the sunlight. I always love that new henna gleam.

jel
June 11th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Lovely pictures! I soooo miss the beach!

Here's one from Egypt, January 2009

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=31538

LaurelSpring
June 11th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hi Ravenwaves,

I'm a little late to the thread but could you tell me your natural hair color, if you don't mind? I ask b/c I think we have similiar hair types and I'm thinking of trying henna. My natural hair color is black with hints of brown if you see it in the sun.

I'm in the middle of collecting hair so I can do a test strand but am wondering if I need to order a sample of indigo with the henna sample? I've been reading up on henna but it seems hard to find pix of people who have naturally dark, dark hair that henna their hair...

If your hair is very dark straight henna will give you lots of shine but you probably wont see alot of color unless you are in the sunlight. Multiple applications will make it darker. My hair is med-dark brown and adding Indigo was too dark for me. It went too dark too quick and I didnt get that luminescent sort of redish shine that I get from henna and love. I do remember seeing a couple of members on here with very dark hair that use it.

Newniepg
June 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Oooh shiny hair! Looks like you had a lovely day. :) Makes me want to visit a beach.

Ravenwaves 88
June 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Hi Ravenwaves,

jewelotn,

I have pics of my virgin color in my albums. It's a dark brown but I wouldn't say it was black. After seeing it grow out from the henna it's actually a slight ash color but golden warmer color in the sun. Very bizarre to me. Henna definitely makes it darker and to me it is still retaining a deep warm brown color indoors and a brilliant auburn brown in the sun. I thought my hair would be too red but I'm loving it. I've only done three full head applications so far. For now my hair remains brownish and not so much burgandy. I didn't want to use indigo cause it's expensive and I wanted to keep my natural highlights intact, and henna lets me do that.

Your hair sounds a bit darker than mine but I just did a friends hair who is chinese. It was still really dark on her but with light on her head it was gleaming a beautiful auburn. She loves it!

camirra555
June 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Your henna turned out really well. I especially like the first pic!

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I can't wait until my hair is long enough to blow in the wind like that!

jewelotn
June 14th, 2010, 08:38 AM
jewelotn,

I have pics of my virgin color in my albums. It's a dark brown but I wouldn't say it was black. After seeing it grow out from the henna it's actually a slight ash color but golden warmer color in the sun. Very bizarre to me. Henna definitely makes it darker and to me it is still retaining a deep warm brown color indoors and a brilliant auburn brown in the sun. I thought my hair would be too red but I'm loving it. I've only done three full head applications so far. For now my hair remains brownish and not so much burgandy. I didn't want to use indigo cause it's expensive and I wanted to keep my natural highlights intact, and henna lets me do that.

Your hair sounds a bit darker than mine but I just did a friends hair who is chinese. It was still really dark on her but with light on her head it was gleaming a beautiful auburn. She loves it!

For some reason, LHC wouldn't let me view your albums/blog hence having to ask about your natural color. =)

Thank you for the add'l info. I'm not looking to change the color so much but to strengthen the cuticle and add a little more shine. Sounds like henna fits the bill.