PDA

View Full Version : finally some hair attention.

squiggyflop
June 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM
well i used to NEVER get any comments on my hair.. to be fair waist length is pretty common for a college girl.. but now that im at tailbone i get all sorts of positive attention when i wear my hair down (which i almost never do because im lazy)..

when i wear it down i have to comb it every 45 minutes or so or it will get knotted (i guess it rubs on my clothes too much).. so i keep a seamless widetooth comb with me.. anyway ive sat there combing and had people stare at me and when i ask them why they are staring they have said it was because of my "awesome hair".. sometimes people stop me to say how amazing my hair is..

i used to only get attention because of the color.. now my hard work in growing my hair is finally paying off.. :cheese:

also on days when my hair is down and im waiting on a bench outside the classroom for class to start the guys in the class tend to sit closer to me than normal.. sometimes instead of sitting on the other bench which it about 15 feet away they opt to sit on the floor near me..

though i wonder what it is about my hair being down that causes the change in them.. its rather odd.. they dont look like they are doing it consciously.. my teacher actually noticed it too and asked them why they were bunched up in the corner on the floor.. and one of them said i had my own gravity field and the others laughed and agreed..
im not sure whether to be flattered or weirded out that it happens when my hair is down..

ButterCup02
June 10th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Be flattered! That is so awesome :) You deserve the recognition! Yay for nice hair! I love hair compliments LOL

spidermom
June 10th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I hope you're enjoying the attention. I get most compliments when my hair is braided rather than down.

PrincessTieflin
June 10th, 2010, 02:19 PM
awww I would be flattered! I never get comments.. good, bad or the other about my hair..

I knew guys always liked long hair! ;)

FrannyG
June 10th, 2010, 02:21 PM
This post really made me smile, Squiggy. I think there's nothing that feel so good as to have your hard work and patience pay off in a real world way.

And yes, this is definitely flattering, and I hope that you savour every moment of it. You deserve it. :blossom:

SpeakingEZ
June 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
It's great that you're finally seeing some recognition for your hard work!

I read somewhere (maybe on LHC?) that men instinctively look to long hair as a mating cue, because it says that you're healthy, just as big breasts and full lips are a sign of high estrogen levels. . . .

squiggyflop
June 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I hope you're enjoying the attention. I get most compliments when my hair is braided rather than down.
really.. when the hair is braided? hmm.. interesting.. no one cares when my hair is braided except when its pigtail braids..

awww I would be flattered! I never get comments.. good, bad or the other about my hair..

I knew guys always liked long hair! ;)
maybe its a certain type of guy that likes it.. otherwise why would all those magazines say that bobs are flirty..

This post really made me smile, Squiggy. I think there's nothing that feel so good as to have your hard work and patience pay off in a real world way.

And yes, this is definitely flattering, and I hope that you savour every moment of it. You deserve it. :blossom:
you are such a sweety

It's great that you're finally seeing some recognition for your hard work!

I read somewhere (maybe on LHC?) that men instinctively look to long hair as a mating cue, because it says that you're healthy, just as big breasts and full lips are a sign of high estrogen levels. . . .
i had no idea full lips had anything to do with high estrogen levels.. i know plenty of girls who are big in the bust but with very thin lips.. i wonder how that works.

skay
June 12th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Congrats, squigglyflop.

It's great to feel that something you've been working for finally feels like it was worth doing.

Just today I was thinking whether it was worth it to continue growing my hair.

I don't really like how my hair "hangs" - unless maybe when it's short at chin/upper shoulder -- and when it's perhaps waist and longer.

So, that's a lot of middle ground ...

================

As for the guys sitting closer...

Yeah maybe they like longer hair better or perhaps you seem more "approachable" to them...hmmm....

Stormphoenix
June 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Yep. Guys are attracted to long, healthy hair. When I have mine curled and down, the guys who sit behind me in class have said how much they love it. They said it looks like how they always imagined beautiful hair on a woman. I am sure your classmates think the same. You deserve the compliment. Enjoy it.

Qadupae
June 13th, 2010, 01:53 AM
squiggyflop, that sounds fantastic and down right positive for hair compliments ^_^ I'd love for my hair to have its own gravity attraction field. Maybe someday.

Loreley
June 13th, 2010, 02:02 AM
That's great! It always feels good when you get positive comments. :D

Sammich
June 13th, 2010, 07:29 AM
That post also made me smile. :D Happy you're getting attention for all your hard work! I get the guy thing too when I leave my hair out. :p It's interesting what hair can do!

drquartz1970
June 13th, 2010, 07:38 AM
it sounds like a subtle compliment as i perceive it with a little dry humour thrown in!

Arniky
June 29th, 2010, 03:37 AM
agree that long hair let down or even a big bun attracts attention more then usual
extra long hair (healthy) simply will get too much attention

Capybara
June 29th, 2010, 04:36 AM
This is such a happy post :) Yay for positive attention! :cheer:

RavennaNight
June 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM
:joy: YaY for positive attention!