PDA

View Full Version : How to get hair to look like you blow dried it?

hemolymph
June 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I let my hair air dry 2 days ago and I've been super self conscious since. When my hair looks bad it really puts me in a off mood.
When I blow dry my hair hot and style with a round brush it looks sleek and smooth, but it's VERY damaging to my hair.

So I am trying to come up with ways to make my hair sleek & smooth with out the hot dryer and the round brush.

This morning I put a lot of redken anti-snap, put in huge rollers, a dap of hairspray and then let it air dry for a bit then I finished it off with my hair dryer but I only used the cold shot button, no heat.

It came out MUCH better but there is room for improvement.

Any more tips for making hair look sleek & smooth?

Cholera
June 9th, 2010, 04:48 PM
When I want my hair to be mostly straight, and less frizzy, I just brush it periodically while it dries. My sig pic is what happened when I did that. But usually I blow dry my hair at least a little, and I don't see why drying it with the cool shot would be that bad.

Oils also help me keep it looking smooth after it's all dry.

spidermom
June 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Have you tried drying it with a comb and warm or cool settings? That how I do it, and I like the results. Sometimes it comes out a little poofier than I prefer it. Then I will smooth a bit of coney serum over it and make a ponytail with several hair ties going down the length caterpillar style. I don't have to leave the pony in very long. When I take the hair ties off, my hair is nice and smooth.

Capybara
June 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Have you tried drying it while it's up? I find that a twisted cinnabun keeps my hair pretty straight :)

hendrix.co
June 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Have you tried drying it with a comb and warm or cool settings? That how I do it, and I like the results. Sometimes it comes out a little poofier than I prefer it. Then I will smooth a bit of coney serum over it and make a ponytail with several hair ties going down the length caterpillar style. I don't have to leave the pony in very long. When I take the hair ties off, my hair is nice and smooth.

I put my hair in the caterpillar and take it out several times til it's dry.

Mae
June 10th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I believe there was a technique around here somewhere where the hair is wrapped in a big swoop around the head and dries straight that way. I can't remember what it's called. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

HintOfMint
June 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Mae, yes I do! It works really well.

There is a thread here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17291
I don't crisscross the sections though, I just have it go all in one direction. The idea is to use your head as one big roller.

dropinthebucket
June 10th, 2010, 12:34 PM
An expensive option, but a possibility - Elumen Clear. I've read rave things about it, especially from frizzies who say it has smoothed and silkened their hair like nothing else. One woman who posted a review on BeautyEncounter (or was that ExtendedLengths?) said it totally changed her hair, made it sleek, smooth, straight, and frizz-free. I'm a little worried it will loosen my wave when I try it, but I'm gonna go slow and do a bit to start. :)