PDA

View Full Version : going 1 year trim free...

redneckprincess
June 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
as of my last trim...ehhh in May sometime...either the 14 or the 25...I dont remember...i think the 14...cause I henndigoed on the 25...yeah, so ok since May 14, 2010 (sorry I was thinking outloud, lol)

My hair still has layers but they are to a point (and color) where I can leave it alone for a bit...I will probally wind up trimming off half of the growth I get next May (which will be 3 years since my pixie) but I'll decide that as the time gets closer...

...I am able to do more and more styles as time goes by, so even though its no longer then it was last Dec. (not quite APL) it still feels longer because the shorter layers are catching up and making my ends so thick...

1 month down and 11 more to go....I did it once, so I KNOW I can do it again!!! :)

spidermom
June 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Good luck to you! I did the same from July 08 to July 09 and gained 7 inches of length, but I'm not sure it was worth it because I had lots of traveling splits by that time and ended up staying the same length from then to now to get rid of them. I think I'm good to grow now, though.

jera
June 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Good luck sweetie. I'll be doing my first one year trim this August. Can you believe how far we've come from all the damaged hair we once had? I used to trim off damage constantly and now I've gone almost a solid year without the need for a trim. Thanks LHC. :p

Quixii
June 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'll have made one year without trimming next month! :D
I thought I hated fairytale ends, but they are growing on me...

LoversLullaby
June 8th, 2010, 02:51 PM
=3 I'm going to go one year trim-free. I LOVE fairy tale ends, and I really don't want to lose the length. If I really needed a trim, I guess I would do it, but I want to go at least a year.

Cupofmilk
June 8th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I was trying to think how long it would take me to grow the amount of hair I chopped off - in the region of 12-18 inches. I remember my ahir was BSL+ long in April 2006 and I grew it to nearly classic within 3 1/2 years. I thought that seems a lot of time. Then I remembered the trims at the hairdresser (x2) and the regular trims I used to do - every 3months or so. So I am hoping IfI can avoid trimming for 2 years I should get 10-12 inches growth

talecon
June 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I had a trim too and hereby vow to go one year trim free :p
I cut my hair feb 12 so 8 more months to go..

emmabovary
June 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Good luck!! I'm going one year (at least) trim free, too. :)

LadyJennifer
June 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I love fairy taling too! I haven't trimmed since December, and I'd like to go 'till Dec before trimming again - we'll see how my ends are though.

bubbles_87
June 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
What a great progress! I just cut my hair in May and now Im just letting it grow out as much as I can. I dont see any split ends so i guess there is no need to cut it for awhile. Glad you're seeing results!

Aleria
June 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm just a few months away from a full year trim free - it's amazing how being busy with university (and simultaneously kind of poor) makes one forget about the 'need' to get a haircut. My ends don't even feel all that damaged!

stiffmyster
June 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
sadly thats not the case for me :(... i did not trim my hair for 6 months and noe they look damaged...

MementoMori
June 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM
It has been a year (at least. . .) that I have not trimmed my hair. I have some split ends, but they aren't too serious and my hair is still okay. :D

juliaxena
June 8th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Best of luck! I'm not doing that though, I'm too obsessed with even and split free ends.

Loreley
June 9th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Good luck! I couldn't do this... :( I'm addicted to trimming my hair. And my hair prefers trims, too. Last year I didn't trim for 3 or 4 months. It grew a lot but I cut half of it because I don't like uneven ends. I trim every month now... But many people can go years without trimming. I don't know how they do it! :)

Masara
June 9th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Good luck.
I didn't trim in 2009 to see what would happen and although I don't think I got any more split ends than usual (I was still S&Ding) I don't think it helped my growth much. In fact that was the only year I got less than 6 inches. I'm back to trimming every 2/3 months now and my hair seems to prefer it.
But you don't know until you try

xoxophelia
June 9th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Since I was about 13 I actually only got my hair cut once a year. I think once I went much longer without cutting it.. about 3 years. It was about down to my hip.

It didn't cause me any problems at all. I think it shouldn't even be difficult if: your hair is not overly damaged right now, you aren't prone to split ends (but obviously S&D can save you there), and you aren't heat styling all the time.

The time will fly!

KahlanAmnell
June 9th, 2010, 03:09 AM
To the original poster, your hair looks really healthy and your waves are standing out a lot more. :-)

I'm trying to avoid anything but microtrimming, but I have noticed it seems my hair grows faster in some areas. So every few months or so I end up evening it out, is that normal? LOL

Barniie
June 9th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Hey! We have the same length hair... what do we call it? Neither armpit nor shoulder...

kristymarie87
June 9th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I never used to trim my hair...not because i was growing, just because i never really remembered...never even crossed my mind! When i was around 17 i chopped my BSL hair (shame i dont have piccies) to my shoulder and it grew back to APL within months! I'd say about 6!

Then i had it chopped between chin and shoulder in 2006/7ish and it grew slower to collarbone.....bit lower but not APL and longer than shoulder. But then i had my head shaved :( :( :( and have had to even it out!

When i finally did i had one of those spur of the moment pobs! I loved it but got tired of the styling quickly as my hair has a wave to it and have been growing since. But with trims!

I cant seem to grasp S & D i think my layers are to short to reach!

luckyduck
June 9th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I last cut my hair in Jan of this year about 5 inches to BSL. I my join the no trim for a year club and see what happens. I am at 28.5 inches.

redneckprincess
June 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM
yes...S&D is allowable, as long as I dont lose any leingth, lol but my hair is in A LOT better shape now that I dont straighten every day or use chemicals anymore.

myotislucifugus
June 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I hit one year in march. Gained lots of length, but be warned, unless you keep up with S&D, the ends may get scraggly. I hit one year in March, and in April I did my first Fiona style self trim.

I think I'm going to stick with yearly/biyearly trims. Mostly out of laziness and length gain. I like it. I like knowing every day that my hair is longer than it was yesterday... technically, my hair is a different length every day.:)

xladolcevitax
June 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Im not trimming for at least a year too - my last trim (1 inch) was 2 months ago. I have regained the inch I lost which makes me happy and I dont want to lose any more length until its waist length, but if im not there by next April and my ends are needing a trim, I will trim just an inch or so.

My hair has been mid back - waist length a few times before and it was always when I only trimmed once a year or less.. I think this is defintately the way to go for my hair anyway. Cant wait for it to be waist length again!:cheese:

ReadingRenee
June 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I last cut my hair Dec 31st 2009. I plan to wait til Dec 31st 2010 to trim it. I don't think it will be that hard for me as I have *just* gained pony stub length and trimming even a quarter inch might affect the ability to pull it back and off my neck during these hot summer months. I'm SO glad I reached pony stub/tail length in time for the heat! My hair is all virgin LHC hair so Im not too worried about the damage.

Good luck with no trimming for a year. :)