PDA

View Full Version : My hemline has thickened!!

ancilla
June 8th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hey guys! It's been a while since I made a post on here, so I thought I'd update you all on how I've been doing.
I have been trying to grow out these horrible layers that I botched doing myself last summer, because the bottom third of my hair had become so thin:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2168&pictureid=30638

With regular monthly trims (via Feye's self trim method, in a moderate V shape) I have achieved this a year later:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2168&pictureid=74016

It isn't ideally thick, but I want a little of a taper because it looks better on me (my hair is naturally thick and wavy, and I usually end up with a triangle head when all one length)

Now I can start growing to tailbone! :D

Capybara
June 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Wow, it looks great! Sooo shiny. You've made a lot of progress :D

ButterCup02
June 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Your hair looks great! So shiny and healthy :) The new hemline is definitely thicker too. Great job!

Speckla
June 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Wow. So much thicker and shinier.

EvaSimone
June 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Wow the hemline looks a lot better, I actually love your hemline. I am more of a fan of tapered hemlines than completely blunt ones. Also the condition of your hair is so much better (at least it appears to be softer and shinier!)

rachelily
June 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Hey guys! It's been a while since I made a post on here, so I thought I'd update you all on how I've been doing.
I have been trying to grow out these horrible layers that I botched doing myself last summer, because the bottom third of my hair had become so thin:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2168&pictureid=30638

With regular monthly trims (via Feye's self trim method, in a moderate V shape) I have achieved this a year later:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2168&pictureid=74016

It isn't ideally thick, but I want a little of a taper because it looks better on me (my hair is naturally thick and wavy, and I usually end up with a triangle head when all one length)

Now I can start growing to tailbone! :D

Looks beautiful!! I am hoping to work on my hemline this summer - I too have layers that just aren't doing much for the ends of my hair (but unfortunately my curl pattern loves them!) Oh well, can't fix everything!

Medievalmaniac
June 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
it really looks great. Next stop: tailbone!! :)

spidermom
June 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Wow - it's really looking a lot better. Very pretty.

Alaia
June 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I am blinded by the shine ;)

Very nice, and the hemline is really noticeably thicker :D

serious
June 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Wow, your hair look gorgeous!
Happy growing!

halo_tightens
June 8th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Yay! It's quite obvious from the two pics that your hemline has gotten thicker, so your effort and patience are definitely paying off! :thumbsup:

Tressie
June 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
It's looking really great! Beautiful hair! (o:

little_acorn
June 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
You have totally gorgeous hair :D

princessp
June 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM
That is a noticeable change, wow awesome!:cheese:

UltraBella
June 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM
It looks beautiful ! ! !

Autumnberry
June 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Your hair has improved tremendously and it looks just gorgeous. The texture and color are lovely. Congratulations on your success!

janeytilllie
June 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Wow! Fantastic progress.:cheer::hifive:
Your hair looks really healthy and beautiful :)

ancilla
June 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
You guys are all so sweet! Thank you so much! :)

Hopefully the next time I update I will be at tailbone! (with the same thickness *crosses fingers*)

talecon
June 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM
it looks great, you have pretty hair :)

stiffmyster
June 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
awesome... congrats!!

Yozhik
June 8th, 2010, 08:28 PM
How pretty - what a noticeably thicker hemline, with such pretty twirls. :flower:
In the second picture you can really see how much the condition of your hair has improved, too!

thriftesfai
June 8th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Beautiful! :D

Loreley
June 9th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Congrats! :D Your hair is soooo shiny!

ancilla
June 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys!! :flower:

hemolymph
June 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Why don't I have permission to view the links?

ancilla
June 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I think it is because you are a new member. You have to have a certain number of posts to see some things. There is an informative post on this policy here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657

thanks for trying though :blossom:

deko
June 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
It looks so much thicker! And it shines so bright I just might to find my sunglasses...

Very pretty and it looks really healthy.

ancilla
June 9th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thank you! :) That shine is from almost two years of only dying with henna! Probably no other way I'd be able to achieve it honestly. I think I am a hennahead for life (until I decide to go gray...)

McFearless
June 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Huuuuuuuge improvement! Congrats girl:)