PDA

View Full Version : Discouraged :( Growth progress

Maddy25
June 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
So here is my progress from this past month...I'm kind of disappointed. The first two photos are 2 months apart where as the 2nd and 3rd photo are only about a month and a few days...but still I was expecting more :( It is growing so slowly is seems! I stopped taking supplements because of money issues but I may start them up again...my DBF says he thinks I'll be chin by Christmas what do you think?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/side2-1.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/side1-1.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/back-2.jpg

On the up side...my roots are growing in so much lighter than this winter from the sun!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/GetAttachment-1-1.jpg

spidermom
June 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I can definitely see growth. Hang in there.

Pallas
June 6th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Guh, I know how frustrating that can be. But honestly that looks like quite a bit of growth in so little time! Definitely doesn't seem like ypu have a slower growth rate than average at least :)

But still, I know it's super annoying... Patience! It'll be long before you know it :)

Speckla
June 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM
You did get quite a bit of growth. Look from your crown to the ends in the back. That's a big difference.

Jessica Trapp
June 6th, 2010, 05:34 PM
It looks like it's grown quite a bit to me. Hang in there. I really really love LHC, but sometimes "too" much focusing on hair/LHC can create impatience. Just keep doing what you are doing--for me it's mostly benign neglect--get busy with other things and your hair will be longer before you know it.

:flower: hugs, jes

Gumball
June 6th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I can definitely see growth! It's only a month and a few days apart. Remember that hair, on average, grows a half inch per month, and seeing that much difference may not be the most dramatic, versus seeing a side-by-side year-apart set of pictures. Hang in there and your hair will keep trying to hang longer and longer!

*Aoife*
June 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Your hair is the exact same cut and almost the same colour as my friend's hair!!

Your growth is way faster than hers. She got hers cut to the length of your April pic in February. It's only a little longer than yours now. So you're growing waaaay faster than she is :)

Lamb
June 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hey, that's quite a bit of growth! Look at how much longer the top layers are. Quite impressive, actually. :)
Growing out a pixie is not easy at all. But don't just look at the hemline, hair growth, at this length, looks more like "hair shape changing". And the shape of your hair has changed a great deal, so don't be discouraged!

Sammybunny711
June 6th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I am at the same exact spot you are! If you want to see progress pics of growing out from a pixie, you should check out my albums and know that I went from the same short pixie you had to below shoulders in 9 months! Don't be discouraged. I have recently cut back to pixie and am probably growing again, so I know that it will grow! Don't get bummed. You are showing NICE hair growth. As a pixie, myself, (and having had two past growing attempts) I know it can be discouraging to grow from so short a length. Don't fret; It WILL grow. I know you can do it if you put your mind to it! I can say these things because I have grown from pixie twice before, myself. :-) You can do it!

Tressie
June 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
It really is growing! You are making progress, and before you know it, you'll see that clearly for yourself! (o:

Cholera
June 6th, 2010, 08:44 PM
It looks like it's growing pretty fast. It's just a very short cut, so even when it grows, it's still gonna feel short to you. You're definitely seeing good progress, though.

Amraann
June 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I see a good amount of growth.

Do not get discouraged. Remember that some times hair does go through slower phases.

DonyaleM
June 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
For four months, I think your hair grew a lot! I know its hard not to get discouraged, but your hair is growing great! :) I think you will make chin length by Dec.

Peter
June 6th, 2010, 09:27 PM
That looks like normal growth to me! Hang in there. :)

dainaleeo2
June 6th, 2010, 09:40 PM
yay it completely looks like it's growing! & quickly :)
It most likely just doesn't feel like it. I completely understand. I'm in a similar funk.
We'll get through it! I can see a lot of growth for the time you've spent so far, & your color is really pretty too :)

Arctic_Mama
June 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I see a huge difference! Don't get discouraged, that is great growth for such a short period of time.

frodolaughs
June 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I'm definitely seeing good, healthy growth. Hang in there!

error
June 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Aww your hair is gorgeous! If you look at the first photo you took and then at the last photo you took you can see the difference, so dont be discouraged! I know how hard it is a few years back I had to grow out a mohawk ! Yikes, and what awkward growing stages came out of that! At least right now you can wear cute hair clips and barrettes. Good luck on your hair growth journey !:flowers:

Linnykinz
June 6th, 2010, 11:34 PM
That's a good amount of progress, it probably just doesn't seem much longer cuz it's not "long" yet..I have the same problem :// but just think about how lucky you are that your hair is growing in so HEALTHY! I don't have the courage to chop my hair and start fresh, so it's in pretty bad condition. You have great shine and color. Your hair is growing at a pretty typical rate, don't get discouraged. :)

And summer is coming up...get ready to see some REAL growth!!

GoddesJourney
June 7th, 2010, 12:16 AM
It looks like you definately grew. I think you're being overly critical of your growth rate. Vitamins are nice. I know I was growing faster when I was taking them and I haven't bought any more since then either. As for reaching chin, I agree that you should probably be there by the end of the year. According to the pictures, you really don't have all that far to go. The back should probably be about at the base of your neck by then.

Loreley
June 7th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I see a normal growth there! Don't worry, it is growing! :)

freckles
June 7th, 2010, 03:12 AM
that looks like a ton of growth :) congratulations! and happy growing! :)

Aurantia
June 7th, 2010, 03:57 AM
You have plenty of growth; pixie to chin is just a frustrating stage. Right now you're having to "deal with" your hair instead of being able to simply enjoy it but you'll get there! :)

CrisDee
June 7th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I feel your pain! I'm only about six months ahead of you, I started growing last September from almost exactly the same cut you had. Growing out a pixie is the WORST, it just seems to take forever. You should check out the Super Shorties (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405) thread, it really helps to have others who are or have been where you are to encourage you. :flower:

Maddy25
June 7th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Thanks everyone so much for the encouragment! I guess because I look and obsess over it everyday I just cant see as much growth as people who dont see me so much haha. This is by far the worst stage, its just so weird looking!! I try to style it so it flips out a bit but still, uhg!

MonikaHa
June 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Hang in there, I see a decent amount of growth especially by the ears :)

FrannyG
June 7th, 2010, 06:11 AM
That looks like absolutely normal growth to me. I know that this stage of the grow-out is tough (I've been there--more than once), but in a few months, you won't believe the difference! You have lovely hair, by the way. Just keep it growing! :blossom:

Pixna
June 7th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Your hair is definitely growing! I know you would like it to magically be long, but your progress looks very normal. The worst part is growing out all the layers from a pixie -- that takes a while, and you really don't gain much length during that time. But after the layers are gone (and it looks like you're almost there with that!), you can focus on just growing down. Hang in there -- you're doing great!!!

alwayssmiling
June 7th, 2010, 06:34 AM
By august you will be at chin length, which can be really nice and face framing. To my eye you look like you have had serious growth in just 4 months. I think you might be at the worst awkward stage, so hang on in there. Perhaps you could treat yourself to some pretty headbands or clips to play with whilst you get to the next stage.

I love your colour btw.

Sunny_side_up
June 7th, 2010, 07:36 AM
You are progressing very nicely, looking great!:)

Cupofmilk
June 7th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Your hair is growing. I promise.
Right now I don't feel mine is growing too - it's so frustrating. I don't know what the problem is - but I have decided to mesure 3 monthly - after all if average growth is 6 inches per year that's 1/2 inch per month - so really within the bounds of measurement error for me!

cardamom
June 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Don't be disappointed,your hair has grown reasonably.My hair grew 1 inch in March and .4 inch in May.I felt upset,but as some one here said,benign negligence is the magic potion.

yvsa
June 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I see nice progress:cheese:. But I totally understand that you find this a hard stage because I'm at that stage to. It is so hard, but it will grow. :D

Oskimosa
June 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
It's hard to compare just a few months and feel excited about hair growth, believe me. The whole process I felt like my hair was stalling, since I'd compare 2-4 months to one another. But looking at a year's worth, my hair really shot out! So don't get discouraged yet. When you get to 6 months to a year, you will surprise yourself. :)