PDA

View Full Version : Black dye correction

TigerLily1
June 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
By mistake I colored my hair jet black about a year and ahalf ago, I have been stuck with the color ever since, so I kept coloring my roots black up to the last 3 or 4 months, but now my roots are brown and bright orange from the henna, while the rest of my hair is jet black.

I wondered if anyone managed to correct jet black dyed hair and restore it to natural colour (I am med/dark brown naturally) without having to use chemical substances?

GlassEyes
June 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I lightened my dyed hair from black to golden-brownish with honey, actually. However, it took a fair bti fo time, and it was fairly recently after I dyed. Also, my hair was pretty damaged and porous, so the dye might not have stuck around much longer anyway. xD;

I also did it before henna, not sure how that would affect things. Also, I'm not sure how color oops would work with henna--you're likely to get whatever color the henna would be on your natural/peroxided hair underneath, and since you used a black chem. dye, I guarentee the color you get back will be a bit lighter. Dark dyes usually contain peroxide, which opens the hair shaft more so it takes more dye, but the hair underneath WILL be lightened a bit.

TigerLily1
June 9th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks GlassEyesm, how did you lighten your hair with honey? did you use a special recipe and mixed it with other stuff, e.g. oils, or just straight honey? Did you use a special honey (e.g. Manuka), or just any pure honey?