PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with huge tangles?

Speckla
June 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM
What is your method to detangle? I get these things that look like giant spiders. I try to use my fingers to gently break them apart. Sometimes they are at the end of my hair and I just give up and them off.

Belisarius
June 5th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Lots and lots of conditioner in the shower and then slowly a few hairs at the time get them out.

ButterCream
June 5th, 2010, 03:35 PM
It happens to me sometimes too, and actually just yesterday...No matter how much I try to detangle them it doesn`t work. So I cut them off, taking as liiiiittle as possible, because it isn`t fun to have to cut hair when tryingggggg to grow...gah:(
But usually it isn`t more than a hair or three, so I don`t let it get to me too much, lol:cool:

But yeah, I cut too.

ravenreed
June 5th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I get them too and I detangle as much as possible and then snip any really stubborn knots and hairs that got damaged in the detangling.

Shermie Girl
June 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Lots and lots of silicone. Apply a serum or glossing/shine product to the tangle and work on it, apply more and keep working it until you have it all worked out.

Capybara
June 5th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I used to brush right through them until they fell out :p Bad, bad idea ...

Right now, I just use my fingers. I have pretty straight and slippery hair, though, so your results may vary. If it's a really large knot at a tough to reach place, I'll spray in some de-tangling spray. I second the coney products, too - if I don't have any de-tangler, I'll use a heat protectant spray, it works great! :)

30isthenewblack
June 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I put conditioner on the tangled hair and then I've got a comb with a silver point bit on the end (like a knitting needle but much thinner) and I basically stab the tangle in the middle haha and try and untangle it gently and slowly. It is much more delicate than using your fingers to untangle the hair.