PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter removes gum from hair?

windinherhair
June 5th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I was one of the unfortunate to get gum stuck in my hair as a child. I had to get mine cut out though. I stumbled across this comment on the internet by accident about peanut butter being used to remove gum from the hair. Has anyone else heard about this before or tried it? I searched for more information about it and found this article.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4603606_peanut-butter-remove-gum-hair.html

zenobia
June 5th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Yes it does work great! When I first started dating my fiance (back when we were teenagers), I got mad at him one day and stuck gum in his hair. Not my finest moment. ;) We got a jar of peanut butter out of the pantry and worked it into his hair. The gum came right out.

akevita2002
June 5th, 2010, 07:06 AM
When I was little someone put gum in my hair (and it was close to the roots) and I remember my father took it out with olive oil, thanks to my grandmother's tip. So I suppose anything oily can take gum out of hair!

jane53
June 5th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Yes, it absolutely works!

Carolyn
June 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Yes it works great. It also helps remove those annoying stickers that refuse to come off.

Anje
June 5th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I've always figured it's the oil in the peanut butter that does the trick, if you wanted to use oil instead for whatever reason. (Peanut allergy?)

Lemur_Catta
June 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Some time ago a friend of mine got gum stuck into her hair, she wanted to cut it but I managed to get it out using olive oil :) I guess any oil or butter would do the trick, though.