PDA

View Full Version : Hair type me, please!

Just_Isabel
May 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm thinking 2c/3a. I used to have 3a because I thought that my hair was more wavy than curly at the top before because of the length, but now my hair is short and still pretty wavy. But I also get some cool spirals, hidden under the wavy cover!

I made a public album with pictures for this. They were taken today (just 5 min ago, even :D), my hair was washed some 3 hours ago with shampoo and conditioner, I haven't combed or brushed it since before washing, and I have no product on - not even something to fight the frizz. :lol: Hair was air dried.

Pictures:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1056&pictureid=11941

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1056&pictureid=11946

More here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1056), but they all look a lot alike.
Also, if you ask today before I go to bed, I can take more. :D

I think 2c/3a is right. I guess I'm just asking because I'd prefer to be a true 3a and I'm in denial about it. :o

Thanks! :D

ETA: I didn't even scrunch my hair. I just squeezed the excess water and went on to get dressed. It may have dried curlier if I had scrunched, but this was probably better for typing purposes, huh?

rhubarbarin
May 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Oooh, your hair is so pretty, it must look amazing when it's long!

Your hair looks like mine did at that length. Sadly, I've lost a lot of curl as it's gotten longer.

Unfortunately I am no good at hair typing, I don't even know what my own is! So I'll let the experts tell you..

darkwaves
May 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I'd say those spirals would put you at 3a.

DavidN
May 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Those are the most beautiful shiny and boingy spirals, Just Isabel, and they appear to be a solid 3a to me!:flowers:

spidermom
May 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'd put you at 3A too. 2C is mostly wave with a few spirals; your hair looks like most of your strands spiral.

tomm
May 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
What gorgeous curls, Just Isabel - and I completely understand about the frizz! I think we may be hair twins in that respect.

I agree with darkwaves, David, and spidermom, you most definitely are a 3a.

florenonite
May 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Another vote for 3A here!

Just_Isabel
May 11th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Oh yay! Thanks, everyone. :smooch:
My hair looks wavy to me, with some corkscrews at the bottom. The front of my hair and the top layer are more wavy than curly, so the spirals are kind of hidden. That's why I was unsure about 3a vs. 2c/3a. Maybe I should have just read the descriptions for the hair types again. :lol:

Thanks, again. :D

CurlyNinja
May 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I say solid 3A! :thumbsup:

wavestogrow
May 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Oh wow, look at those chunky spirals! 3a definitely. Your hair really does look curlier since your haircut.

socks
May 11th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Those are some really nice curls. I'd definately put you at a 3a.

Just_Isabel
May 12th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks again. :)

Oh wow, look at those chunky spirals! 3a definitely. Your hair really does look curlier since your haircut.

I almost didn't recognize you! But I went and looked again at who you were because of your comment about my hair cut. :lol:
Nice seeing you around. :)

jojo
May 12th, 2008, 04:49 AM
a most definite first class 3A, your hair is beautiful reminds me very much of Tomms

Just_Isabel
May 12th, 2008, 05:09 AM
a most definite first class 3A, your hair is beautiful reminds me very much of Tomms

Thanks, that's a compliment! Unfortunately, my hair isn't quite as curly as Tomm's. *pout*
Maybe if I start making my own conditioner? :eyebrows:

Faepirate
May 12th, 2008, 05:59 AM
3a! Love it! Such defined little coils. My feeling is that it will get even more coily-curly as it grows longer... Definitely 3 hair. Beautiful.
:blossom:

tomm
May 12th, 2008, 08:55 AM
your hair is beautiful, reminds me very much of Tomm's

Thanks, that's a compliment! Unfortunately, my hair isn't quite as curly as Tomm's. *pout*
Maybe if I start making my own conditioner? :eyebrows:
*BLUSH!!* Thank you so much! You have made my day. :blossom: :blossom:

Emme76
May 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM
WOW! I just love your curls...they look amazing.
:cheese:!!
/Emme

Meli
May 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I agree with the other responds - 3a. There are more spirals than I would expect even for 2c/3a.

Hockeymomof3
June 13th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Love it! I've always been a fan of your awesome curls!! 2c/3a sounds right to me!