PDA

View Full Version : what i would do to get my hair lookin like this again :-<

error
June 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/l_3888ad6991be4adba1d6af18fdb03bd1.jpg what was i thinkin cutting up my hair and putting harsh dyes on it .. sheesh ! ...well there ya have it .. thats my goal ... to only have thick long braids again! amen!!! lol

ItalianFlower
June 4th, 2010, 09:19 PM
That's your REAL hair! OH my GOSH that is SO thick! Wow! It is beautiful, you are beautiful, it is all good. :) You'll get there before you know it.

pineconejg
June 4th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Patience, patience, patience.

And keep learning stuff from LHC.

HintOfMint
June 4th, 2010, 09:33 PM
So beautiful, both you and the hair!

One step at a time, one step at a time. I guess you answered part of the question yourself. Step 1: No harsh dyes.

Then you have either what you did when it was that length, or you can learn a whole new routine here. At least you have the comforting knowledge that your hair was once like that, so at least you have the ability to have hair like that again.

error
June 4th, 2010, 09:34 PM
aww thanks so much lovelies .. i am already learning so much!!! its pretty exciting !!! yeah thats my real hair :-< a hair dresser totally lied to me and told me it was unhealthy and she would fix it no charge and she gave me these stupid awful layers with a razor blade !!! and my hair tapers sooo much now its so upsetting ... i was looking at youtube video's emichiee made and they were SO helpfull when it comes to trimming hair to grow out the taper effect and her hair is soooo beautiful i love it .... so .. yes it will take MUCH MUCH patience!!!

Yozhik
June 4th, 2010, 09:41 PM
What gorgeous hair you have! Don't stress too much, I'm sure with a little patience and a lot of gentle care you can get it back to that length in short order :)

Word of warning regarding cutting your hair with a razor -- this method of cutting exposes more of the inner part of the hair (underneath the cuticle) to the elements, so razored ends could end up drying out faster or splitting due to stress or fragility. As long as you take good care of your hair, though, as I'm sure you will :flower: this shouldn't be a huge problem :)

error
June 4th, 2010, 09:45 PM
aww thank you!!! i am new here and already meeting sooo many great people who are so sweet and supportive i really appreciate it!!! <3

Ivy~Rose
June 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful! It will definitely be back, and it'll be much stronger and healthier.

Personally, you may not want to keep pictures of your former hair in sight, it's totally up to you of course, but I've chopped my hair off before too, and looking at my old hair just frustrated me. I put those pictures away and enjoyed learning how to style my hair at each length and celebrated it as it grew--now it's long again and still going :)

I'm cheering for you, your hair is definitely thud-worthy and lovely and thick! Beautiful :blossom:

Foxknot
June 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM
oh, wow! *_* That's some absolutely gorgeous hair there. ♥ I'm sure it'll be back soon, better than ever. :3

error
June 4th, 2010, 09:55 PM
AWW thank you ... i kinda keep pictures like that in sight the very same way i put a picture of a piggy on my fridge to remind me not to reach for the ice cream at one in the morning LOL! maybe i have EXTREME a.d.d and i need little post its and reminders lol ...

kabelaced
June 4th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Awesome braids! For me, it's good to have an old picture for reference because then you can say to yourself, "I can definitely do this; I have even done this before." My mom has a picture of me with my high school diploma when my hair was the longest it's ever been, and that beautiful picture is still a source of inspiration to me.

Keep growing! :D

AWW thank you ... i kinda keep pictures like that in sight the very same way i put a picture of a piggy on my fridge to remind me not to reach for the ice cream at one in the morning LOL! maybe i have EXTREME a.d.d and i need little post its and reminders lol ...

That's totally an awesome idea! I need to make a little piggy magnet or do something like that, because I have a problem with ice cream...:o

error
June 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM
LOL or they should start selling ice cream in piggy shaped containers so we can refrain from buying it at the supermarket! :D but yes i agree with you on havin the old photos around for inspiration .. you can look at them and say .. I GOT THIS!!!

pennyroyal
June 4th, 2010, 10:14 PM
wow! You & your hair are absolutley gorgeous!

McFearless
June 4th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.... ooh my gosh your hair is gorgeous! how did you get it so thick?

I bet it'll be back to that soon. Don't stress out :)

error
June 5th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.... ooh my gosh your hair is gorgeous! how did you get it so thick?

I bet it'll be back to that soon. Don't stress out :)
LOL aww your too funny i .. honestly dont know how it was that healthy .. i dont think at the time i realized how thick and nice it actually was! i eat horribly i sleep horribly i RARELY took care of my tresses .. its kinda like those random little girls with the long billowing hair .. you know they dont take care of it but HOW IS IT SOOO AWESOME!

Loreley
June 5th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Wow! So thick and beautiful! :)

Pandora.
June 5th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I know EXACTLY how you feel!
When I was younger, my hair just really thick and awesome, now I feel like it's so blah. I didn't look after my hair AT ALL and I knew nothing about hair. I've constantly bleached and abused my hair.

I'm also seeing if I can try and get my hair back in the condition it used to be in as well as you. You're definitely not alone here, we can do this! :)

I just wish I had just an ounce of patience. ¬__¬

*Helen*
June 5th, 2010, 04:04 AM
I know exactly how you feel.I did that mistake too and now I'm trying to re-grow my natural hair back....Btw you had realy beautiful hair I'm sure it will be the same in a few years :blossom:

Quahatundightu
June 5th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Wwooooow what amazing hair!!!!! How long was it in that photo?? I'm sure it will grow back soon :) Good luck!!

Sunny_side_up
June 5th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Lovely serene gaze and gorgeous hair!!:)
I had loads of razoring done on a short cut a few years ago. Resulted in me getting monthly trims to rid myself of them, then summer it just felt dry and frazzled... never again with the razoring!!! The layers im growing out now are from a scissor only cut which was not blow dried after. Its looking and feelin ok, so i havn't trimmed in 4months. Longest ive left it to grow in years! Theres lots of helpfull tips and support on here to nurture and pamper your locks to how you'd like them again. I think you have awesome length :flower:

mellie
June 5th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Gorgeous!

I agree with Kabelaced, it really does help sometimes to have an old photo as a goal! What a great inspiration!

ButterCream
June 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Ok, TOTALL hair envy here!...but in a good way, lol:D

If you have done it once you can do it again!:cheer::joy:

And what a mean hairdresser! :hatchet:
Hmm, was she envious of you maybe?:(

Just come here for inspiration and you will get to reach your goal again, because your hair was super lovely and thick!! Yaay!:)

Aurantia
June 5th, 2010, 10:21 AM
LOL or they should start selling ice cream in piggy shaped containers so we can refrain from buying it at the supermarket! :D but yes i agree with you on havin the old photos around for inspiration .. you can look at them and say .. I GOT THIS!!!

error, this is brilliant! I have the same weakness for ice cream ... gets me into trouble all the time.

If your hair is anywhere near the length that it is in this picture, you'll get back to your full thickness and health in no time. :)

PiroskaCicu
June 5th, 2010, 12:05 PM
My goodness, you are beautiful and so is your hair! I cut off all of my nearly waist length hair last year and dyed it!!! But now I am already back to past shoulder length, no dye, and it's thick. It takes patience and inspiration. Keep coming on LHC and other long hair websites for motivation :)... it really works!

skay
June 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Very nice portrait and hair!!

Your hair'll get back there in time - hang in there. :)

error
June 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Aww wow! Thank all of you for all the support! What a great amazing thoughtful community it should be called TLC lol . Yeah cornball I know . Well I believe in that particular photo my hair was a little past tailbone ! I intend to start taking my hair progress photos starting today , it has a lot of length still possibly even the same length ,but its so tapered and dye damaged ! So I really hope that I can get it back to that thickness ,again tho after all the abuse I am not sure if it will ever be the same but hey we can dream! <3 Thank you all again it means so much to me all of the kind words i love you guys already!

ukuleleclaire
June 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Those are BEAUTIFUL braids! Be patient, they'll be back before you know it. :)

KahlanAmnell
June 5th, 2010, 10:35 PM
So pretty, it really looks like modern fairytale hair to me. Keep at it with growing!

ButterCup02
June 6th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Wow! Gorgeous! What a great photo, and AMAZING hair! Definitely a good inspiration for you to get back too...I wish my braids could be that thick!

jera
June 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
You're so beautiful, I don't think anyone looking at you would pay much attention to your hair. :p That said, I know how it feels to end up with a cut you hate. I'm sure all the support and advice you receive here will help you. And, it's great that you have a motivational picture of yourself to inspire you. Many people don't. :)