PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to over condition hair?

error
June 4th, 2010, 08:40 PM
if so what are the consequences ?

Gumball
June 4th, 2010, 09:17 PM
There's over moisturizing, so that might be more along the lines of what you mean. Hair needs a certain balance of protein and moisture. Those that need protein may have limp hair that is too elastic in that it won't spring back to its shape when stretched like a rubber band does, while those that need moisture might have hair that snaps with just a gentle tug like pulling on grass. The real key is finding a way to keep yourself as balanced in that regard as possible.

error
June 4th, 2010, 09:28 PM
There's over moisturizing, so that might be more along the lines of what you mean. Hair needs a certain balance of protein and moisture. Those that need protein may have limp hair that is too elastic in that it won't spring back to its shape when stretched like a rubber band does, while those that need moisture might have hair that snaps with just a gentle tug like pulling on grass. The real key is finding a way to keep yourself as balanced in that regard as possible.
oh boy! thank you so much for the help!!! i always thought it was perfectly fine to over moisturize or use access amounts of protein treatments and i just wanted to double check that .. wow thank you so much!!! :bunny:

Gumball
June 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
oh boy! thank you so much for the help!!! i always thought it was perfectly fine to over moisturize or use access amounts of protein treatments and i just wanted to double check that .. wow thank you so much!!! :bunny:

Just remember if you use a lot of protein treatments you have to always follow them with moisturizing. My hair needs all the moisture it can get, and hates any protein I've used on it in the past, so for me it's all about moisture.

error
June 4th, 2010, 09:35 PM
aww thanks so much ..great tips!!!! :->

lastnite
June 4th, 2010, 10:35 PM

hmm.. I didn't know it could become too moisturized, I thought it would just be soft, slippery and weighed down. how do you know if your hair is too elastic?

Gumball
June 4th, 2010, 10:47 PM
hmm.. I didn't know it could become too moisturized, I thought it would just be soft, slippery and weighed down. how do you know if your hair is too elastic?

Well my description of "too elastic" may not be the best, but the description of how it acts is fairly good. Hair is elastic, so when you pull it taut it will stretch a little, but when you let go it should return to its original length/state. If it needs protein it likely will return to its original state very slowly if at all. Kind of like how a hair tie loses its spring over time, but this stuff can be a little more helped. :) It just gets really really stretchy.

little_cherry
June 4th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Gumball :)

error
June 5th, 2010, 01:56 AM
oh hair .. why must you be so complicated ! LOL