PDA

View Full Version : Center Held Bun Video

Cinnamon Hair
June 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I just put up a tutorial for the center held bun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMltaeehtvA) on YouTube. This is a bun you can make with a fork, claw clip, or Ficcare that would normally be too small to hold all of your hair.

khan
June 4th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Very Nice. Thank you.

Bethie
June 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Wonderful, thank you!

Carolyn
June 4th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Great video! I have 2 medium Ficcare Lotus Maximas that are beautiful but I haven't used them in ages because they are too small. I'm going to try this bun with one tomorrow. I'd love to be able to use them again.

frizzinator
June 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I'm so glad you made this tutorial!

You once said you used a Heike Koehler hair slide to secure a log roll, but that updo and hair toy combination does not work for me. I have been trying for a long time to find an updo that will work with my Heike Koehler slide ....and this is it! Never before has that slide felt so comfortable! It's perfect! Thank you for the video!

error
June 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
cinnamon hair YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS OMG!!!

Naamah
June 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Awesome, I'll have to try this.

Cinnamon Hair
June 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone. :D Glad to hear others can use this idea for their too-small clips.

Frizzinator, I did use my Heike Koehler slides in my version of a log roll a few years back. Not sure they would work for it now with the added thickness. But my log roll is more of a wadded up twist of hair all piled together than an actual log roll so that is how I was able to get the thinner area for the slide to go in.
Good idea to try the slides in a center held bun! I had not thought of that, but I bet it works.

Loreley
June 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Great video! Thanks! :D

Tapioca
June 5th, 2010, 01:44 PM
And your accent is adorable! :)

GuinevereMay
June 5th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I do that bun, too! If I didn't I'd never be able to use my Ficcare.

Carolyn
June 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I tried it and it works great! :thumbsup: Do you secure the tail end of your hair with anything? I'm thinking I might need a couple of Amish pins to tame the end. I love the idea about using a Frau Koehler slide. I have 3 of them and have rarely used them. Thank you! :flowers:

Beets
June 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Nice! Thanks!

Merlin
June 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
And your accent is adorable! :)

I was going to say that, I even watched a couple of your other videos just to hear you talk :)

Alaia
June 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
This is great :D

I tried it with my flexi-8 which is way too small and it works :D

Thank you!

(I love your accent too ;) )

Carolyn
June 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
This is great :D

I tried it with my flexi-8 which is way too small and it works :D

Thank you!

(I love your accent too ;) )Oh good, you found it :) I'm going to love this bun.

Arctic_Mama
June 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM
My hair isn't very long compared to yours but I cannot get a bun to stay with a ficcare, so this may be just the ticket. Thanks!

Cinnamon Hair
June 6th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I usually need a pin to hold the ends in place. I like the Good Hair Days plastic pins best for that.

:o Thanks for the accent compliments. I am not so fond of it, but it is hard to drop.

freckles
June 7th, 2010, 05:17 AM
My hair isn't long enough to need this trick yet, but I wanted to say that I love love your accent, and your hair is stunning as always :)