PDA

View Full Version : Nothing lasts forever

coscass
June 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I've decided that come August, I'll cut my hair. Probably to BSL, maybe a bit shorter, I don't know yet. It's too long. I love it at this length, but it's too thick, too heavy, I can't do anything with it besides braid it. It needs too much condish in the shower, and I shed like crazy. Plus, I'm trying to grow my natural color out. I love my hair red, but I can't stand having to color it every couple of months.

So I've decided to cut to BSL or shorter, then keep letting it grow. Gradually I'll cut the red out, then MAYBE get highlights or something in my natural color. Who knows.

I called a salon and asked what tintbacks started at, and at my length, it was 50+, not even considering the thickness of my hair. I don't have that kind of money. :[ Plus, I think this is the longest I've ever had my hair. I've reached one of my goals. Now I want to play around with it again.

So, wish me luck!

spidermom
June 4th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Luck to you!

Sara Smile
June 4th, 2010, 02:05 PM
If shorter hair will be more manageable and lighter, then go for it. :)

I must admit, sometimes I'd like thicker hair, but then when I hear how people with very thick hair have trouble with weight and up-dos, I'm happy with my medium thickness again.

coscass
June 4th, 2010, 02:06 PM
If shorter hair will be more manageable and lighter, then go for it. :)

I must admit, sometimes I'd like thicker hair, but then when I hear how people with very thick hair have trouble with weight and up-dos, I'm happy with my medium thickness again.
It really can be a bother. I have to use giant monster clips to hold my hair up and I've broken about 4 of them lol! I think shorter will be easier to maintain..plus the ends are red and the roots are brownish slateish gray. Not very attractive!

Loreley
June 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Good luck! I hope you'll be happy with the new cut! :)

Yozhik
June 4th, 2010, 02:16 PM
It seems to me that you've given the matter a lot of thought. Go for it, and good luck! :)

little_acorn
June 4th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Good luck :)

RecklessCharlie
June 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM
There comes a moment when it is just time for something different :)
I had that moment when I was 17 and chopped tailbone length hair to above shoulder - and I have never regretted it! I'm sure I'll cut it again at some point.
Good luck with your new hair!

Bethie
June 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Good luck :)

Capybara
June 4th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Ooh, this is exciting! Congratulations on reaching your goal, and hooray for trying new things :D

I'm contemplating cutting when I reach my goal, too. I totally understand!

goodenough
June 4th, 2010, 04:58 PM
BSL is a nice length. I have really thick hair, too, and I find I can do updos at apl that are thick looking yet don't hurt my head. I'm looking for that "perfect length," too.

Islandgrrl
June 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Whatever you do with it, I hope you love it! Wishing you luck!

sarah061
June 4th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Good luck Coscass! I'm trying to grow the dye out of my hair too. Sounds like you've come up with a good plan. Have fun with your new look!

Sheltie_Momma
June 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I know what you mean about those claw clips - the spring always gives out at the worst possible times and they fly off across the room. Sometime someone's going to get hurt! :)

mrs carol
June 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Good luck. I hope you'll enjoy your new look.

pennylane
June 4th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Good luck coscass ... BSL is my final goal, in my opinion it's still long!!!! :D

deko
June 5th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Good luck! BSL is a very nice lenght. You can do various updos and braids and it is easy to manage.

This would be a perfect time to do some crazy end coloring :D you could bleach the ends and color them green or blue or whatever... You will cut it off so be free to try some wild colors. :cheese:

I'm maintaining at BSL and cutting all the damaged lenght off. My next goal is waist (at 2014 or something) and I'm trying for terminal or perhaps virgin waist and then terminal.

Speckla
June 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM
BSL is a very nice length. It is long enough to do a lot of neat updos and short enough to not require a lot of work.

Good for you. Being happy with your hair is the most important thing.

renarok
June 5th, 2010, 02:57 PM
It sounds like you know what you want. I hope you have fun and enjoy your hair now and when you cut it back to BSL.

KahlanAmnell
June 5th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Good luck with the haircut!

DakarNick
June 5th, 2010, 10:59 PM
How long is BSL on you?

freckles
June 7th, 2010, 03:46 AM
good luck :) we'll be waiting for pictures! :)

Forever_Sophie
June 7th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Good luck! I like bs length and have thought of cutting to it for the opposite reason (it would look thicker there! ;) ). Hope it all works out the way you'd like!

Jessica Trapp
June 7th, 2010, 07:30 AM
BSL is a really nice length. Best of luck!

:flower: jes