PDA

View Full Version : look at this hair!

sarahramen
June 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I have been thinking about what I want my goal length to be- and I think this is it! Her hair is sooo pretty and princessy (not a word but oh well) Would this be tailbone or hip maybe.... it confuses me because she is sitting. What do you think the visual length, not what it would be with the curls stretched out.

Click (http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/01/03/2/275/2759084/651fd47ca90c732a_fashionblog_natural-bridal-hairstyles.jpg)

as I don't really know how to put up pictures and that probably didn't work I also have it in my album under maybe goal length. The girl is a redhead.

Juliannaissance
June 4th, 2010, 12:59 PM
That looks like it would be a little past classic length if the curls were stretched out. That is such beautiful hair. :)

BrightEyes7
June 4th, 2010, 01:00 PM
That looks TB to me curled, I would imagine at least classic straight

That is some very awesome hair there... So thick and healthy looking! Thanks for the hair-spiration!

It kinda reminds me of UltraBella's hair!

Quixii
June 4th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Very pretty! I'd love to see a picture from the back. I've tried numerous times to find a picture of long red curly hair, and there it is!
Her hair looks like it's almost classic as it is, and a bit past classic if straight.

Henrietta
June 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM
It's classic or more I think if straigth.

No. It's impossible. I had no idea such hair exists. Why I don't have such hair? The color is... I'd trade a lot for it! And the curls. They looks natural.
Length will come to me someday. But colour... I will print it and put in on my wall.

BattahZ
June 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Oh my goodness! WANT!!!! Her curls are a lot like mine, but I'm impressed how she got it so consistently curly at that length. When my hair was a lot longer, the weight would pull the curls out. That is some seriously stunning hair.

Where is the picture from? I wonder if they have more shots of her so you can see the hair better.

Jorchet
June 4th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair! Who's the girl? I'd love to see more pics! As for what length it is, I don't know, but I can imagine it being super long when straight/wet!

maskedrose
June 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Beautiful? Certainly. Real? Probably not. Looks about classic curly.

jessie58
June 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM
That is one heck of a beautiful and inspirational hair photo.

Sammybunny711
June 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
W.O.W. :thud: That is some INCREDIBLE hair...

sarahramen
June 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Oh my goodness! WANT!!!! Her curls are a lot like mine, but I'm impressed how she got it so consistently curly at that length. When my hair was a lot longer, the weight would pull the curls out. That is some seriously stunning hair.

Where is the picture from? I wonder if they have more shots of her so you can see the hair better.

Its from this website I didn't see any more pictures of her
http://fashionblog.onsugar.com/category/wedding+haistyles

EtherealOde
June 4th, 2010, 01:43 PM
There are probably a lot of extensions in there for bulk, but wow it is gorgeous hair. I put it on my desktop as inspiration. I am sure it is well past classic when straight/wet, and at the very least it's classic length when styled as it is in that photo. It may be longer, but without seeing the ends from the back it is impossible to tell from that single photo.

Loreley
June 4th, 2010, 01:53 PM
:thud: What a beautiful photo! I don't know if her hair is real but it's gorgeous! I think it's a bit above classic when curly and upper-thigh when straight.

spidermom
June 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I was thinking mid-butt curly, past classic pulled straight, and not real (but what do I know?)

oceanwoman111
June 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
All I can say is :thud:. I have major hair envy right now.

Yozhik
June 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm guessing it's a bit longer than tailbone, curly. Gorgeous! I hope to see something like her hair in real life, and really hope that it is real.

RecklessCharlie
June 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Wow! Gorgeous :)
I have a feeling that some of that is a hairpiece though - it could all be natural but I'd be curious to see other photos of that model.

Sammich
June 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
My dream hair, definitely. Thank you muchly for sharing the picture, it's very inspiring! :) I really can't wait to have hair that length now! I'm uncertain whether it's real or not too. *Shrug* Still inspiring.

sweet*things
June 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Wow, she's gorgeous!

I don't have time right now to follow up on my quick search, but the dress designer is Justine Mireil. You may be able to find more pics of that model by searching her.

invisiblebabe
June 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Very close to classic, curly, I think... hard to tell because her head is tilted back slightly, making it look even longer. Beautiful hair!

stuntpeople
June 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM
That's amazing, she's gotta have extensions in there, but if not then I want whatever fertilizer she's using.

GRU
June 4th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I am so jealous of wavy hair.... everyone's always saying how they wish they had my curls, but it would be so much easier to have waves instead!!!

masa_inn
June 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Am I the only cynical old hag to suspect Photoshop being really involved here?

I do admit the wow-factor :)

*Helen*
June 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Wooooow vey nice I love it!!!!!

Quahatundightu
June 4th, 2010, 06:05 PM
:thud: O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud:
That is sooooo my dream hair too!!!! Of course my hair will never be that thick or that curly, but yeah, what a gorgeous pic!!!! Even if it's not real XD

Deb!
June 4th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Wow, she's gorgeous!

I don't have time right now to follow up on my quick search, but the dress designer is Justine Mireil. You may be able to find more pics of that model by searching her.

Good call!

There are various photos of this model; here's one of her from the back.

www.purecouturebridal.com/images/JM/large/Elspeth.jpg (http://www.purecouturebridal.com/images/JM/large/Elspeth.jpg)

windinherhair
June 4th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I never know if these pictures are real, extensions and modeling are so easy but what a beautiful picture! :)

Oh, I saw the other picture too from the back. Gorgeous!

Cinnamon Hair
June 4th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Beautiful curls! I'm guessing a full classic length curly when standing. Looks like some of the length was bunched up on her seat. No idea what that would be straightened.

jlw9222
June 5th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Okay, that's awesome hair. :) I can see why you aspire to it. I'm going to assume extensions are a part of her hair because it makes me feel better. :)

error
June 5th, 2010, 12:19 AM
O.O wow that hair is beautiful

GoddesJourney
June 5th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Wow! Great dress too. Now that's a bride to a happy groom.

Heavenly Locks
June 5th, 2010, 12:46 AM
She has enough hair on her head for SIX of my heads!! :bigeyes:

WOW.

UltraBella
June 5th, 2010, 12:49 AM
I have worked as a makeup artist on several photoshoots, magazine ads and two movie sets. We always use extensions. ALWAYS. Sad, but true.......
I am not saying that there are not some amazing heads of hair out there, but I think this is an illusion.
Still a gorgeous photo !!!

Capybara
June 5th, 2010, 06:15 AM
That is such a pretty photo!

I don't know, I would put her at classic, maybe a but longer if her hair was straight. It looks like it is pooling a little on the chair - although thic could be caused by her head tilt :p

Fiferstone
June 5th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks UltraBella, I thought when I saw the back/side pic, that extensions were used, because the hair at the crown has a lot less thickness/volume then the "length" It just sort of poofs out all of a sudden. It's lovely, but it's fantasy ;).

Xandrra
June 5th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks UltraBella, I thought when I saw the back/side pic, that extensions were used, because the hair at the crown has a lot less thickness/volume then the "length" It just sort of poofs out all of a sudden. It's lovely, but it's fantasy ;).
Yeah that's what I thought, almost too puffy, But the front shot is absolutely phenomenal, its just soo beautiful :) I've rarely seen hair that amazing

GlassEyes
June 5th, 2010, 08:24 AM
It's obviously curled extensions, at least clip-ins. DOesn't change that it's beautiful, though.

I'd say it's at or around tailbone-classic. If you pulled it straight, it'd be more mid-thigh, I think, than classic length. I'd guess at least a 3-4 in reduction with shrinkage.

rusika1
June 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM

Yep. Beautiful, but probably not real. Agree with the classic curly, too.

jane53
June 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I have worked as a makeup artist on several photoshoots, magazine ads and two movie sets. We always use extensions. ALWAYS. Sad, but true.......
I am not saying that there are not some amazing heads of hair out there, but I think this is an illusion.
Still a gorgeous photo !!!

Glad you mentioned it!

I've been tempted to post "MAJOR EXTENSIONS!!!" several times, but didn't want to rain on anyone's parade.

YesitsReal
June 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I hate to pop anyone's bubble, but that hair is straight-up fake. Lovely, but not real. Unfortunately. Still, there are some people on here whose hair is just as lovely, so beautiful hair is still very achievable! :D

Speckla
June 5th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Wow. I'm typing with one hand reaching for the table while my body is laying on the floor from surprise!

ButterCup02
June 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Soooo gorgeous! Wow! Yeah it's probably extensions, but dang it looks amazing!

skay
June 5th, 2010, 12:27 PM
What a cool picture. It would indeed be amazing to have hair like that.

Inspirational.

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Am I the only cynical old hag to suspect Photoshop being really involved here?

;) ;)
Be sure it does. You need to be hair person to photoshop hair right. :p

getoffmyskittle
June 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, maybe I'm just envious :p but my first thought was "it's not real." Ah well...

jera
June 5th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful ! :queen:

Tressie
June 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Stunning! I love the curls! Thanks for sharing this inspiration. It almost looks too good to be true, LOL!

E.T.A. I guess that makes me "another cynical old h**"? Ha, ha!

renarok
June 5th, 2010, 03:04 PM
It is stunning, but definitely fantasy hair. How many of us have twice the volume at the ends? It is gorgeous though, and beautiful wedding hair.

Sissy
June 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I think it's classic length and I also think it's not real because their doesn't appear to be ANY taper and it actually appears a bit thicker at the ends than the top, which may indicate it's not real.

PiroskaCicu
June 5th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Wow, it's soo beautiful. I think it's more than classic if straight, as it is very curly!

Jules diamond
June 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM
:agape:

That can't all be real.....

bahoban
June 6th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I don´t care if is real or not,,, is beautiful !!!!!!!!!

Arctic_Mama
June 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM
It's a pretty color and texture, but definitely professionally created and manipulated. The curls, the volume, the length, none of it is natural. It's still a lovely inspirational picture, nothing wrong with that!

Starfilly
June 8th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Lovely picture! Even if it is fake, I'd love to get my curls to be that frizz-free.

I have to say, though, I'm not sure I'd have my hair completely down for a wedding. I envision horrible catastrophes involving cutting the cake and getting frosting in my hair. A snack for later, I guess. :D

Charlotte:)
June 8th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I would kill for hair like that, but alas, my hair is much to thin!

curlytm
June 8th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Oh my. That is some REALLY great inspiration for a newbie like me! I'm at shoulder length when curly and I'm HOPING for waist length someday. Ahh...someday...

Newniepg
June 8th, 2010, 02:30 PM
What beautiful hair, I agree- it does look princessy! I love the colour of those curls. That hair must take some serious dedication and deserves admiration!

Angeletti
June 8th, 2010, 02:36 PM
it's very pretty but too bad it's probably all not real

Anje
June 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Pretty, but I was going to say "not real" even from just the front picture. There's a noticeable change in texture around her shoulders.

BlackfootHair
June 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Very pretty hair, and even prettier dress! I love all the sparklies!

IcarusBride
June 9th, 2010, 03:11 AM
It's gorgeous, but I also think it's not real. It looks too thick (density) to be real.

xoxophelia
June 9th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I think it could be real :)

Or maybe her hair isn' but I have seen people with similar thickness. Ultrabella has hair that looks somewhat like the models!

Jezzie
June 9th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Oh I love it! Even if she does have extensions tucked in there somewhere it's still gorgeous - and makes me wonder if extensions are worthwhile lol
I've just hit BSL and cannot wait to get back to waist - from there is the unknown! I'm hoping for classic but we'll see, sadly I'd never have thickness of even half this girls hair!

Jorchet
June 9th, 2010, 03:02 PM
She reminds me Deirdre Quinn (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0703820/), the curly redhead, Miss Texas, in Miss Congeniality.

This is the only pic of her I found.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM4NDE4NjE0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMxMjkyMw@@._ V1._SX440_SY197_.jpg

gypsychild
June 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Makes me want to extend my goal length by nearly a foot lol.

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 08:28 AM
beautiful hair! Definitely a good inspiration photo...

ladylafee
June 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Wow, her hair is gorgeous. I don't know if it's real-but it looks so beautiful.....

Pandora.
June 13th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I sincerely doubt that her hair is real, but it still looks gorgeous nonetheless!!

HintOfMint
March 5th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Resurrecting an old thread! I had been searching for this thread and picture for ages and finally googled the right search terms!

Basically I want my hair to be long enough to drape on the seat behind me when wavy, kind of like this. Obviously, this is probably not real in the slightest, but lovely inspiration!

Tisiloves
March 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Major curl envy.

Helix
March 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hmmm...something about the way it looks and hangs makes me think she has extensions.

Still a pretty look, nontheless. I think if you could get your hair this length naturally I'm sure it would look great on you!

B-L
March 5th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Wow!!! I've always loved super-long, curly, red hair.. It's been my dream hair for as long as I can remember. Maybe because it's the total opposite from my own hair :D

But : :thudpile:

:heartbeat

MonaLisa
March 6th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Definitely :thud:
I might grow to classic, but I'll never have such curls and thickness, sigh..
But I enjoy admiring her :D

Avital88
March 6th, 2012, 01:13 AM
what a thick gorgeous hair, thats classic at least to me

Avital88
March 6th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Hmmm...something about the way it looks and hangs makes me think she has extensions.

Still a pretty look, nontheless. I think if you could get your hair this length naturally I'm sure it would look great on you!

i thought the same :) there is somwthing not natural about the way the curls hang

AnimaSola3o4
March 6th, 2012, 01:24 AM

Emphasis on the bolded. You're right, the longer and heavier hair gets the less uniform the curl can be.

Her hair is absolutely stunning, and I can only dream of hair like that. Mine will never be that soft lol.

Sammich
March 6th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Definitely extensions, but absolutely gorgeous either way.

AnimaSola3o4
March 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I definitely think there are extensions in there, or hair pieces. If you notice, her hair is layered and it still seems to maintain full thickness throughout the length, where as we all know that there is only so much hair on our heads to go around lol. If you have layers, you are pretty much knowingly choosing to not have full thickness to the ends. She doesn't seem to have any taper at all, which I think is very unlikely.

It's still amazingly beautiful though.

ETA: It looks like she's wearing a wedding dress. It strikes me that this is around my goal length and where I'd like my hair to be when I get married. I want to wear it down or at least in a half-up. So I know this picture is especially inspirational to me. I can't expect any kind of thickness like that, but the length and texture is perfect.

Arya
March 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Sooo....where do we buy these super long extensions? lol

Katze
March 6th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I definitely think there are extensions in there, or hair pieces. If you notice, her hair is layered and it still seems to maintain full thickness throughout the length, where as we all know that there is only so much hair on our heads to go around lol. If you have layers, you are pretty much knowingly choosing to not have full thickness to the ends. She doesn't seem to have any taper at all, which I think is very unlikely.

This.

The first reaction I had to that pic was 'fake, or photoshopped.' Sorry, but it does not look real to me at all, after many years of seeing long, real hair here at LHC.

You could probably clip extensions in underneath fairly long - waist or hip - length hair to get that shot, and it is probably also all pulled to one side, maybe sprayed and arranged to look as full as possible.

These are the kind of hair images that make me really dissatisfied with my hair, since it will never reach that - and neither will most peoples'. :)

Dragon Faery
March 6th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Gorgeous picture. :)

The consensus from 2 years ago was she's wearing extensions, and the picture was found on a wedding hairstyles page. Someone (possibly the OP) also linked to another picture of her from the back.

Fake or not, this is an awesome inspiration picture. :)

YumiYume
March 6th, 2012, 02:08 AM
O.O *stares with envy* I want my hair exactly like that and always wanted loong waves/curls and red hair O.O. do I have it nooooo my hair is stringy and crappy :( but realy nice inspiration gorgeus photo :)

owlathena
March 6th, 2012, 03:21 AM
OOh pretty!

Rose Petal
March 6th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Yep, its fake. Pretty Though.
From memory she is an Australian model, and I think got into the professional world of it through a modeling show (I seem to remember some controversy about that, something about the editor not liking her, but having to do a shoot anyway because she won?). I have seen her in Australian Vogue a few times, her hair is usually around the APL to MBL and about half to a third as thick and wavy, not curly. Whether those pictures show her natural hair is anyone's guess.

I spoke to a former model on the weekend, and she remarked to me that her hair, now MBL, never used to grow past APL due to all of the styling/colouring/cutting etc that happened during her modeling days.

Rose Petal
March 6th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Although to be fair, I think she might have done more hair modeling than anything else (no I don't just mean the cheap cuts at the salon type, I mean photos etc)

Kelikea
March 6th, 2012, 04:56 AM
That hair is probably not real, but this one is:
http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/e2/6c/cintia,dicker,fashion,model,red,hair,redhead,beaut y-e26c10f7741fed932d9dd2d864db60d2_h.jpg
Cintia Dicker, Brazilian model of German descent.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/cintia-dicker-21.jpg?w=500&h=749

jacqueline101
March 6th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Its beautiful hair and its classic length hair. Its an inspiration to all of us. I'm only growing to tail bone.

melusine963
March 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I think Katze said everything I would say. I wish it were real though. I love everything about her hair and it would be nice to think that this look is achievable for the lucky few.

princessp
March 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I can't see what everyone else is seeing it looked like extensions to me immedietely. :shrug: I agree, it is a really beautiful idea though. :)

Kelikea, she is gorgeous and a major real hairspiration! :thud:

spidermom
March 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Really pretty! I'd guess the visual length somewhere between tailbone and classic.

Macaroni
March 6th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Whatever length it is, it's perfect :).

heidi w.
March 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I seem to recall this model from something a bit recent. But I can't put my finger on it. To me, she appears to be at tailbone length with coils of curl furled. Pretty hair, but I tend to wonder if stuff can be a weave or extension or some such thing. One just never knows. If it's her hair, I hope she keeps it. It's gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM
That hair is probably not real, but this one is:
http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/e2/6c/cintia,dicker,fashion,model,red,hair,redhead,beaut y-e26c10f7741fed932d9dd2d864db60d2_h.jpg
Cintia Dicker, Brazilian model of German descent.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/cintia-dicker-21.jpg?w=500&h=749

I'm a fan of the freckles!! I used to have loads of freckles. I have far fewer now. Just turning into mole woman as I get older. Moles everywhere. I wish I had bucks: I'd have a dermatologist remove almost all of them that could be removed.

heidi w.

akissandapunch
March 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Hahaha. Gotta agree with this completely. It's like seeing models in glamour shots for magazines... Don't compare/criticize yourself too much in regard to such images because there's in all likelihood something not-quite-real goin' on.

Amber_Maiden
March 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Wow! her hair is gorgeous!!!

jennescence
March 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I think im in love....with her hair. My very first hair crush!

Curly Hermione
March 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Oh my word! That is one of the most stunning heads of hair I have ever seen, that's my dream hair, in terms of everything, colour, length and curl definition. Just wow! Too bad that it's probably mostly fake. I only hope that one day I can have hair that's something akin to that!

gthlvrmx
March 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Wow. Those are taylor swift curls right there. Im amazed.

jackie_brown
March 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Wow what a magnificient hair!!
BTW i think that the model of the 1st pic (the one with the braid gown) is wearing some (probably a lot of) extension :D

But...who cares? :D
I could kill for these hair whether they're fake or not!

Maelyssa
March 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
What an inspiration...gorgeous photo. Probably tailbone or classic length. Most definitely longer than hip.

AnimaSola3o4
March 7th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I'm a fan of the freckles!! I used to have loads of freckles. I have far fewer now. Just turning into mole woman as I get older. Moles everywhere. I wish I had bucks: I'd have a dermatologist remove almost all of them that could be removed.

heidi w.

Ditto. I miss my facial freckles!!! I still have a crap ton of them on my arms/shoulders/chest, but the facial ones have all kind of gone away. I wish I still had them. It seems that for redheads, we either feel like we need to have perfect white milky skin or lots of cute freckles.

YumiYume
March 7th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I hav freckles in my face (only moles on my body no freckles), but I dont have red lovely hair :( .. I do have red pigments but on my head, its rat-blonde .. guess that was the deal for the red pigments.. "you get some freckles in your face and almost green eyes, some ligth hint of red in some places but thats it" =O..

edit: I dont think I had them as a child, they started to come when I became a teenager (didnt like it then) I have more of them now, dont know why but i like them as they are now ^^