PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly longer

Les
June 4th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Have you ever felt like your hair suddenly got longer? It happened to me this week.

Now I know that it didn't really get longer - my measurements show it right in line with steady expected growth and doesn't fall any lower on my back. But it inexplicably feels like it is quite a bit longer. Like it is braiding differently, feels different when I walk, etc... Anyone else experience this?

JenniferNoel
June 4th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about, I get that every three months or so.
For me, usually it's after a long period of paying less attention to it, or all of a sudden for no reason. Just happened yesterday, and it's still feeling two inches longer. :p
I love the way brains work, really, I do.
I'll be following this thread to see what others have to say.

xladolcevitax
June 4th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I get this too, have actually had it happen just in the last week or so.

Up until then it just didnt feel as long as it does now at all.. it was as if all of a sudden one day it had grown a good few inches (though obviously it didnt - if only!)

I can feel it on the back of my arms and when I sit down I can really feel it on my back, where as before I just couldnt.

Strange but good :o

laurathexplora
June 4th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Actually, about an hour ago I felt it, so I thought I better get on LHC to browse for a bit. And here is this thread! HAHA! I've been wearing it up a lot lately and haven't been staring at it in the mirror wishing it was longer. A watched pot never boils. :D

kristymarie87
June 4th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Mine seems to not grow for aaages! Then one day i'll actually take the time to style my hair and its an inch longer.....or so it seems!

FrannyG
June 4th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Absolutely yes. There are certain lengths where an extra half inch makes a huge difference. I love when that happens. :)

MonikaHa
June 4th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Funny you should mention it, I had the same feeling yesterday. All of a sudden I can get all of my hair into a pony tail. Last week I was not able to do that. Maybe we are all experiencing some kind of a growth spurt.

Henrietta
June 4th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I did. Yestarday. I had a cinnamon bun all day and when I let my hair down I suddenly saw it's quite long. I saw my hair down few hours earlier and nothing happened. But yestarday night suddenly I thought "My hair feels like long.And BSL generally is quite long, in the real world very long."

Unfortunately, sometimes I feel on the contrary. "BSL is totally short" or "My BSL is more like APL:("

But when it comes to the good feeling, it makes my day! :)

ErinM
June 4th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Funny, yesterday I was walking outside my house, went past a window and caught a glimpse of my hair. I stopped and thought, "Wow! My hair is LONG!" I think it was just a case of taking the time to stop and actually ponder it!

XcaliburGirl
June 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
This happens to me too. It either feels longer or even looks longer than the day before. Even if it isn't really appreciably different, I'll take that feeling. It's encouraging.

anrems
June 4th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Yes! This happened to me yesterday, and has happened before! My hair isn't really significantly longer, but it feels all long and swishy down my back! I like the feeling :)

Stephichan
June 4th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I noticed the other day that my hair was getting longer. I know it has been growing, but it wasn't until the other day when I was Skyping with my boyfriend that I realized it. Yay for progress ^_^

ibleedlipstick
June 4th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yes- today actually, as odd as it may sound. It was stuck in that awkward collarbone area for what seems like forever, but now it is everywhere! It is still short, but now it is about apl and I swear, it went from collarbone to apl while I was driving to class today (about 20 minutes.) I was driving along, felt hair tickling my upper-mid back area, and reached back to "pull" the loose hair out of my shirt. I quickly realized that the hair was still very much attached :p. It makes me happy, but it also made me realize that I need to start using a protective style, because I have reached the point where it is getting stuck in my purse straps, bra straps, backpack straps, etc, and I have super thick baby fine hair that seems to get extreme pleasure from multiplying its split ends while I watch.

jane53
June 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM
This happens to me, Les. Suddenly, it'll be past tailbone length and driving me NUTS, so I get it trimmed up to hip length. Then it'll go along fine and comfy until SUDDENLY it seems much longer.

Carolyn
June 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Yes, many times. I love it when that happens. All of a sudden I'll feel it tickling me farther down my back and I'm :happydance: and :cheer:.

Islandgrrl
June 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, definitely.

Just happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was in the shower and rinsing my face off, and I tipped my head way back and startled myself when my hair hit my backside at almost classic length.

ravenreed
June 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Yes, I was just thinking the same thing. I was having a major shed and my hair stalled so I was pretty annoyed at my hair in general. Then the shed and the stall stopped and my hair feels an inch longer over night.

skay
June 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Yes, this happened this morning actually. :D

It happens once in a while and it's cool when it happens. :cool:

Jorchet
June 4th, 2010, 10:21 PM
The last time I felt it - and the first time in a loooooong time - was a couple of months ago when I felt "something" against my bra strap as if my hair had gotten heavier all of a sudden, I realised that my hair was much longer than a thought. :D

Siowiel
June 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Yes, it happened two or three weeks ago. It seems it is no illusion, as I had nearly no growth over winter. During spring, I wore it up a lot, but when I started it wearing down more frequently a few weeks ago, I thought: "Wait, my hair didn't use to curl up on the table while sitting like that!"
So I asked a friend, and he did confirm that my hair has really grown (I do not measure at the moment) and that I was no victim to self-delusion.

Seems I had a spurth of spring-time-growth! :cheese:

Debra83
June 5th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I was totally shocked by a pic I took recently for one of my monthly anniversary pics. (Think it was May's actually). Totally shocked. TOTALLY.

emmabovary
June 5th, 2010, 02:21 AM
It's probably the summer kicking in :)

Loreley
June 5th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I felt the same when my hair got longer than classic. It's more difficult to comb and braid and I sat on it. :) It feels much longer although it has grown only a few centimeters.

30isthenewblack
June 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Yes, I had this feeling last week when my hair all of a sudden felt longer when it was wet. It is now just an inch or two off hip curly when wet and I am shocked at how much longer it looks. My hair has never been this long! It's a nice feeling and I'm very thankful to all I have learnt from the LHC. I don't take this length for granted. To think it was BSL stretched when I first joined the LHC and now it's past my hip stretched is amazing!

BlueMuse
June 5th, 2010, 02:41 AM
It happened to me just now, but instead of just feeling longer I measured and found out my hair is now 6 inches longer than I had thought. And here I was thinking I'd hit terminal. Guess not!

curlylocks85
June 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
This happenend to me when I took a shower earlier. My hair felt like it was really long on my back. I like this feeling.

christine1989
June 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I get this a lot too but for me it goes both ways- some days it seems suddenly longer :) then other days it seems so much shorter. :( I think my wavy hair texture is partially to blame for the preceived differences in length.

sensisweetie
June 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Yes!!
that happened to me a few days ago... :)
i was playing with my ends and suddenly realized that they are about mid boob length... lol! when did that happen??

angelperception
June 13th, 2010, 07:08 AM
With my hair so short I don't get that feeling much. But I do like to try and go a few days wearing it covered with my knit cap or under a scarf....when I finally style my hair, it feels just a tab bit longer.

drquartz1970
June 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
been on holiday traveling for 4 weeks got back home a few days ago. noticed that the hair has grown quite a lot in only a month. anyone else get faster hair growth when visiting places on vacation? my normal hair growth is half inch a month , this last month it has grown an inch!

Tegaladwen
June 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I haven't noticed my hair has grown another inch until a couple of days ago! It's a nice feeling when you realise your hair has grown just that little bit longer! I'm getting closer to waist! Woot! Only around 3-4 inches to go! :D

vanity_acefake
June 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I notice it when i have finally worked out how to put my hair up in a certain style, then i find i can't do it anymore because my hair has grown and i have to relearn how to do it again!

Amelia
June 14th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Happened to me in May! In two/three days my hair felt different! All of the sudden i could bun it and the damn things were actually staying in place! Since two weeks now, I had another 'whoa' moment when i ditched the bobby pins that usually went along with my up-dos, and the 'beast' is now holding up with hairsticks and hairforks.

Out of curiousity I measured my hair, and it did grow an amazing total of four cm!! Apparently the hair vitamins make it grow like weed. :D

Monsterkitti
June 14th, 2010, 02:47 AM
This usually happens to me after I realise I can do a new style I didnt think I could manage yet or when I suddently start paying attention to it after a few weeks of ignoring it :)