PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding heavy oilings

pinklemonade
June 3rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone! I was wondering about this recently:
I wash my hair about once a week, and throughout the week, I apply oil at night (usually jojoba/almond), practically every night. I don't put too much but sometimes I get carried away. Do you think this would affect the heavy oiling I do the day before I wash? (One day before wash day, I apply lots and lots of coconut oil/olive oil as a treatment).
I'm wondering if the oil I apply During the week is covering my hair (actin like a barrier), which would make the heavy oiling not penetrate? What do you think? TIA :)

dainaleeo2
June 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
I don't think it will. It's basically just adding more really. Plus if you wash, some of it is going to come off, since when the suds slip down the length [unless you protect it with conditioner i suppose] then some of it will come off. you're still left with the protection though. I think you'll be fine. I basically do a deep oil before every time I CO wash, & then apply a light bit of oil, either jojoba or coconut, after the shower. :)

i use EVOO or coconut oil as my deep oiling too. those seem to work the best for me :) I think you'll be alright though so no worries!

EvaSimone
June 3rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
for some people putting oil on dry hair only makes it dryer. That's what happens to me but everyone's experiences are different.

If your hair seems moisturized and in good condition then just keep doing what you are doing. If it's dry or frizzy then maybe you should try something different.

pinklemonade
June 3rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
dainaleeo2, thank you for your feedback! :) I was just worried that the coconut oil wouldn't do anythin to my hair since it's already been covered in jojoba oil...I guess too much oil shouldn't be a problem though :p

EvaSimone, thank you for your suggestion! :) You're right; I put oil on my hair after I wet it a little (sort of like a mister) and my hair feels and looks so much better, than when I applied oil on dry hair.

dainaleeo2
June 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
No problem! I think it's just like how some mix their conditioner like a 'cocktail'. I mix olive oil & coconut oil all the time. It's worked so i can only say from my own experience. My hair loves the olive oil the most though :)