PDA

View Full Version : Ankle length ?

jera
June 3rd, 2010, 01:31 AM
We've all seen photographs of women with floor length hair, but I've never seen that IRL. So, what's the longest hair length you've ever seen in the flesh? On women and men.

I once saw a woman with knee length blonde hair crossing the street in front of my car when I was stopped in traffic. I was like WOW. :) The longest hair I've ever seen on a man was a bouncer in a nightclub who had a tailbone length braid. Awesome. :agape:

UltraBella
June 3rd, 2010, 01:41 AM
I saw a lady shopping who had hair almost to her knees. Unfortunately, it looked really damaged and it would have been prettier if she cut about three feet off. The longest beautiful hair I have seen in real life is Crystal Gayle's when I saw her in concert.

GuinevereMay
June 3rd, 2010, 01:51 AM
When my son was in the hospital, there was a teen girl in the pediatric ward with hair past her knees. It really could have used about 2 feet trimmed off, it was so dry and damaged.

Hair is ingrained into the culture here. Long hair is pretty common. That said, mine is the longest I've seen out here, after that teen girl.

beez1717
June 3rd, 2010, 02:05 AM
the longest I have seen was a woman who was walking by with super healthy butt length hair. I think it may have been almost classic. I was in awe.

Merlin
June 3rd, 2010, 02:35 AM
Knee-length plait

sweet*things
June 3rd, 2010, 02:55 AM
In college I knew a girl with absolutely perfect classic length hair with a thick, blunt hem. I've seen longer hair randomly (usually at amusement parks :confused:), but probably not much more than knee length.

I used to work with a guy with a long thick blond ponytail that he kept between waist and tailbone.

ETA: I also used to know a girl with mid-thigh hair, which was also in beautiful condition and grew like grass. I've never seen anyone with hair that grows faster than hers did. We had a falling out, or I'd be asking about her secrets, lol. I should go look her up on Facebook and see if she ever grew her hair back after shaving it all off.

Arctic_Mama
June 3rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
Huh... There was a girl I knew in school (she's actually a moderately famous singer) whose mother had long brown hair that was knee or even slightly below. I can't remember if it was in good condition or not, as I only saw her mom back in grade school despite knowing the girl until high school, but the length sticks in my mind to this day :)

RavennaNight
June 3rd, 2010, 03:07 AM
The longest hair i've ever seen is mid-thigh length. I've never seen knee or longer IRL.

Purdy Bear
June 3rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
I saw knee length as a child, but I cant really remember the details of it. Iv seen classic and tail bone quite a lot, and Iv had hair I could sit on as a child.

I think with the average UK climate, Im surprised there isnt more ankle length, but then it might be due to the drying time in winter.

Cleopatra18
June 3rd, 2010, 03:24 AM
i once saw a girl with healthy wavy knee length hair at the mall,i was totaly blown away i just couldnt help staring at her and telling my best friend "omg look at her!", sadly the girl's boyfriend who was with her noticed and he gave me this awkard smile....total embarrasment..

Loreley
June 3rd, 2010, 03:55 AM
I saw a woman going on the street who had a lower-thigh length braid. The ends were very thin, but I was amazed by the length. And once I was in the hospital and my roommate was a gypsy girl. Her mum had a thigh-length very thick black braid. And she said my hair was nice. :D (It was around butt-length then.) Her hair was the most beautiful I've ever seen. Like princess Jasmine's. :)

Fiferstone
June 3rd, 2010, 04:34 AM
Thanks to the recent LHC Boston meet I met a fellow LHC member Carrie Ingalls who has gorgeous ankle length hair. Her sister has knee length wurly/curly hair. That is the longest long hair I have ever seen in real life. Thud worthy definitely

freckles
June 3rd, 2010, 04:49 AM
I'm surprised at how much superlong hair other people have seen in real life! The longest hair I've ever seen is classic length, when I knew a couple of girls in high school with it. I don't think I've seen hair as long or longer in the last 5 years. I've sen tailbone length on a few people, but it's still unusual enough that I remember all three of them distinctly.

countryhopper
June 3rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
I think the longest I've ever seen is classic length.

Tapioca
June 3rd, 2010, 05:51 AM
My good IRL friend AnimeOkapi (who never posts anymore) has hair past her knees. We joke that her hair is longer and mine is thicker, so we probably have the same total amount of hair.

Feng-Shui
June 3rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
I was still another small child as I saw twins girls with knee length hair.

It was so impressing beautiful and I it never forgot.:thud:

Nae
June 3rd, 2010, 06:37 AM
I wonder how many stunningly long hairs are out there that go unnoticed because they are bunned? We have a large population of Pentecostal and Amish women here and I see bun eating heads on a very regular basis but I am not good at estimating the length from the size of the bun. I think it all depends on thickness and level of curl and whatnot. I betcha I see plenty of really long haired people and never even realize it.

Celticfreefall
June 3rd, 2010, 06:39 AM
When I was a very little girl I saw a lady at a Red Wings game (Detroit hockey represent!) with hair down the the floor. She was wearing a cape and I told her that I wanted her hair and that she looked like a princess, much to the embarrassment of my family. Thinking back I'm really surprised she had her hair down because the Joe is soooo dirty, yuech. I live in Michigan, though, and long hair here is really common. I work with countless ladies with butt and tailbone-length hair.

yvsa
June 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
I once saw a woman with calve length blond hair :thud:.

EdG
June 3rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
I suppose for the purpose of this poll, we shouldn't include LHC meets. ;)

At one meet, we had four LHC'ers with knee-length to ankle-length hair. They are all well-known members here. :cheese:
Ed

myrrhmaiden
June 3rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
I've seen mid-thigh length once and classic a couple of times. Each time however a great deal of the length was quite damaged looking.

Sammich
June 3rd, 2010, 07:23 AM
The longest I've seen is mid thigh length, that was one of my RL friends, she never has it out but it's always in a high pony type thing.

Coming second was classic length.

jackiesjottings
June 3rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
The longest I have seen was a lady walking down the road in Victoria, London, with mid calf length light brown hair- and it looked in lovely condition.

ravenreed
June 3rd, 2010, 08:05 AM
I have an acquaintance with a classic length braid. It may even be longer. I have not seen it down, only braided so I don't know how long her loose hair is, but it is very pretty and looks to be in great shape.

dropinthebucket
June 3rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
My grandmother had long, hennaed braids to her feet. She used to pile her hair on her head in a braided beehive during the day - they were all the rage in the 60s, lucky for her! - and then take it down before bed. When I was little, I used to be just spellbound watching her take her hair down. It was thinner down by her feet, but still magical - it brushed the floor. :) She's 96 now, short hair.

mira-chan
June 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Well considering that I've met Denise, I have seen floor length hair in person. :D

kabelaced
June 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Probably the longest I've seen is classic length, but if my memory serves me right, I can also remember seeing an Indian woman with a very long, thick braid. (Can't remember how long exactly, but it was noticeable! :D)

GoddesJourney
June 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
My cousins had hair they could sit on as kids because they weren't allowed to cut it. One of my friends had long curly hair that I think was around thigh length when straight. I've seen quite a few people over time with classic to thigh length hair, most of them didn't take very good care of the last foot more or less. I don't know why one would have all of that hair and not take care of it. They need LHC! I did know one girl who had at least hip length thick, shiny, Pantene commercial hair. She was pretty tall, so hip length was a lot of hair. Anyway, I asked her about it since I had never seen it down before, always in a messy braid, and she said all she did was wash with Pantene, nothing special. I guess she had pretty durable hair because I don't think she was all that careful with it.

mellie89
June 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
My cousin is a Sikh, and she hasn't cut her hair since she was little. It was around mid-thigh last time I saw her. It's covered by a turban about 90% of the time, and as a result, it's in really great shape.

Darya
June 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
hmmm... longest RL hair sighting was blonde with an awesome thick braid that hit her calves. I see TB to classic on a regular basis (probably due to where I live) and have seen quite a few thigh to knee length.

Oskimosa
June 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
I've seen some long hair here in TX, but I'm another one who hasn't seen much longer than classic, maybe mid-thigh.

Just goes to show how special the guys and gals are here! ;)

I wonder if I've seen longer without knowing it? Hard to tell when someone is wearing an updo.

JenniferNoel
June 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
I saw someone about a month ago with mid calf-almost ankle length curly blonde hair, in great condition, down and flowing. It was phenomenal to look at.
:agape:

Capybara
June 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I saw a woman with knee length hair at a market recently. From about waist down was orange, and from waist up was dark brown.

The longest hair I've seen on a man was just past classic dreadlocks.

akka naeda
June 3rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
A woman with a blonde ankle length plait. At the time I thought she had ankle length hair, but now I think her hair was probably longer (ends to floor at a minimum, but probably dragging along the ground), based on the fact that my hair loses about 6" when plaited.

Other than that there's a lady here with hair the same length as mine - knee/mid calf (we get mistaken for each because nobody ever sees us together:D, so they're quite shocked to realise that in a place with the population of less than 1500 people there are 2 people with hair the same length and colour), and I've seen a couple of people in Oxford with calf length plaits.

halo_tightens
June 3rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
I used to see a woman walking on a certain sidewalk in my town, I assume going to work or back, who always wore her hair in a single English braid that was to her knee or calf area. It had a great deal of taper and was extremely thin in the lower half, but I was always so impressed to see that kind of length.

I don't know if she's gone away, or if she simply cut her hair. I wouldn't recognize her without it, lol!

Aside from her, there's a set of four sisters that I've known forever and been very good friends with off-and-on over the years. The oldest has waist-length black 3b-ish hair, the second fluctuates between tailbone and thigh in a 2c-ish light brown, the third is like the first, only in dark auburn-- and the youngest sports a pixie. :D

The three oldest have absolutely wonderful hair, thick shiny masses of it! The youngest (with the spiky and dyed pixie) is still a kid, really, in her teens... I think she's just being rebellious. ;)

jane53
June 3rd, 2010, 10:51 AM
I never see anyone with really long hair around here.

Almost always, I am the one with the longest hair, and mine is only hip length.

I once had a student whose hair was almost as long as mine, and she got it cut to BSL. I asked her, in a cheerful, positive tone, how she liked it and she said she HATED her new length and that updos had become much more difficult.

Other than her, my students' hair is mostly APL or BSL or shorter, and friends my age all have short hair. And when I'm out and about, all I see is short hair to BSL.

trolleypup
June 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Lessee...even counting LHC members I have met, the longest hair I saw on a woman was high heel length on a City street while driving a bus (which I didn't crash)...actually met her later and complimented her (she's a ballet mom). On men, members have the technical length, but I've seen men in person with a nearly knee length thick hemline.

Igor
June 3rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
The longest I ever saw was a polish tourist lady with an extremely frizzy knee length braid. Nice thickness and it looked pretty healthy but it could have used some serious conditioner and leave in. It had that “pipe cleaner look”

The longest local sighting was a classic length blonde braid. Long hair is rare here. I barely see waist length, maybe because the fine Scandinavian hair is so common here and it’s hard to grow long?

Henrietta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
I saw a woman with shiny, black, knee length BRAID, so her hair was probably longer when down. I used to see her everyday few years ago. Then I changed my school and we didn't walk the same way everyday morning.
I saw her few weeks ago. She cut her hair. And I have never seen anyone with hair longer than... TBL I think. And the only lady with knee.

W. J. Maria
June 3rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
I saw a young lady in a mall who had loose ankle length black hair. Only time ever, I still remember the date: December 31st, 1998!!! It was lovely!

Love, Maria

Hiriel
June 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Last week, or maybe the one before, I can't remember, I biked past a woman with a sectioned ponytail which went down to mid-thigh. Completely loose her hair must have been knee length.

I work with a woman with around classic length hair. Apart from her, my hair is often the longest.

little_acorn
June 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Mid thigh, a girl at my work has blond wavy hair with fairy tail ends. Even though she bleaches it its in very good condition.

tanya222
June 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Many summers ago in my town I saw a young woman with classic to thigh length (don't remember precisely) thick blonde hair, chatting with friends at the entrance of a mall. At the time my hair was mid-back and so fly-away that I had to put it up if there was any breeze, and I remember that that day it was windy, and I thought to myself how on earth does she keep it from tangling up into a rat's nest? But her hair was so thick that even with the wind it didn't seem to blow around much. Mine would have been a brown cloud!

Sherri
June 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
My sister-in-law has calf length hair. As far as I know she has only cut her hair once in her life and she is around 25 years old. It is very pretty:)

spidermom
June 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
I've met Lady Godiva (a member here); her hair is ankle length (or was at the time).

CherrySilver
June 3rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Most of the time the longest hair I've seen IRL is about I usually see is about knee-length. However, at Dr. George Michael's 90th birthday party in 2008, I met Leona (a former LHCer I think) with the most gorgeous ankle-length blonde hair. I remember it was in very good shape and great shine all the way down.

Jessikinz
June 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Last summer at a parade I seen a woman walk past us with her family to find a place to sit, her hair was braided and it went past tailbone. I have only seen one guy with mid back length hair.

Xan
June 3rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
I did see a lady with ankle length hair blond just stunning hope to make it somday and when I started I wanted waist length things sure do change.

Anje
June 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
I had a prof with a braid that went to her calves. Must have been ankle-to-floor length loose.

More recently, when I first came to Purdue, I noticed a knee-length (THICK!) braid over in the IT help zone. I haven't seen her around since, though, and didn't have a chance to comment at the time.

jera
June 3rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
I saw a woman going on the street who had a lower-thigh length braid. The ends were very thin, but I was amazed by the length. And once I was in the hospital and my roommate was a gypsy girl. Her mum had a thigh-length very thick black braid. And she said my hair was nice. :D (It was around butt-length then.) Her hair was the most beautiful I've ever seen. Like princess Jasmine's. :)

I wonder what her secret was? Do gypsies know something the rest of us don't? :p

When I was a very little girl I saw a lady at a Red Wings game (Detroit hockey represent!) with hair down the the floor. She was wearing a cape and I told her that I wanted her hair and that she looked like a princess, much to the embarrassment of my family. Thinking back I'm really surprised she had her hair down because the Joe is soooo dirty, yuech. I live in Michigan, though, and long hair here is really common. I work with countless ladies with butt and tailbone-length hair.

I'd love to see floor length hair IRL. Never have so far, but I'm still looking. :eye:

My grandmother had long,
hennaed braids to her feet. She used to pile her hair on her head in a braided beehive during the day - they were all the rage in the 60s, lucky for her! - and then take it down before bed. When I was little, I used to be just spellbound watching her take her hair down. It was thinner down by her feet, but still magical - it brushed the floor. :) She's 96 now, short hair.

Aw, too bad she cut it. :( I'd love to have seen those braids. They must've been totally awesome. :applause

Aurielle
June 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
The longest hair I can recall seeing in real life was a guy with tailbone length double braids. The second longest was a girl with thick hair between hip and tailbone length.

PiroskaCicu
June 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Once at a restaurant, when I was maybe 8 years old or so, I looked to the right side of me to see a young woman with beautiful, straight brown hair all the way to the floor!!! I was in awe. It was very healthy and amazing!! :) That's the longest I've ever seen.

Oh and one girl at my school has classic length hair that she always keeps in a wonderful, thick braid. *hair envy* :)

HairColoredHair
June 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Beyond my own, a woman with knee length in a ponytail.

Fiferstone
June 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
I suppose for the purpose of this poll, we shouldn't include LHC meets. ;)

Ed, I respectfully disagree. The OP did not say that we had to exclude people from LHC meets, they simply asked what was the longest hair we have ever seen IRL. For me, it was ankle length hair, and at an LHC meet.

Oh, and by the way, at that same meet we met a young woman who was in Boston with a group of friends, cosplaying for the friend's birthday party. I'm not up on anime characters, but she had knee length black hair.

Does that count?

EdG
June 3rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Ed, I respectfully disagree. The OP did not say that we had to exclude people from LHC meets, they simply asked what was the longest hair we have ever seen IRL. For me, it was ankle length hair, and at an LHC meet.

Oh, and by the way, at that same meet we met a young woman who was in Boston with a group of friends, cosplaying for the friend's birthday party. I'm not up on anime characters, but she had knee length black hair.

Does that count?Good point. LHC meets would be considered as "in real life". :thumbsup:

I just remembered meeting DYQ at a LHC meet two years ago. She's a celebrity. Her 15 feet of hair is so much longer than ankle-length that I didn't even think of her in my first reply. :o
Ed

-simply Venus-
June 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
My last years guitar teacher (Ugh, I hated her >> ) Had classic length hair. I actually think it might have been a little bit longer, plus she braided it so it was probably even a little but longer after that! I think in total it might actually be mid-thigh length. Longest hair I've seen in person! She only wore it down like, twice. And her hair is so thin, that when it was in a bun the rest of the year, it looked like BSL length hair since it was so small!

PineappleJello
June 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM
There is a lady I see with those small braids that are ankle length, although I question if they are real or not. So I will say that a lady with a mid thigh, thick braid is the longest IRL hair I have ever seen. For men classic is the longest I have ever seen, beautiful black shiny too.

Foxknot
June 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
I can't remember what the longest I've seen is... But, a close friend of mine's mother has absolutely gorgeous TB length hair with wonderful fairytale ends. ^^ I adore her hair. ♥

error
June 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
i think the longest hair i have ever seen was at a friends b day party someone came with their girlfriend a petite asian woman she was very beautiful and her hair was to her knees and in spectacular condition !! it was so awesome

Gumball
June 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
I've met DYQ and her hair is well past her feet, plus a few more feet!\

ETA: Aaaaand I just dittoed EdG! Darn our meets!

IcarusBride
June 3rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
I may have seen longer, but there's only one encounter that really sticks in my mind. It happened when I was in the mall, the girl in question was in the food court re-doing her bun and I was actually on the floor above (at this mall there's a random escalator in the middle of the food court and perched above the food court is the movie theater, but the floor doesn't extend the entire length of the mall, just over the food court) so I was more than a football field's distance away but I was amazed by her hair which was halfway between TB and Classic.

jera
June 4th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Once at a restaurant, when I was maybe 8 years old or so, I looked to the right side of me to see a young woman with beautiful, straight brown hair all the way to the floor!!! I was in awe. It was very healthy and amazing!! :) That's the longest I've ever seen.

That's what I'm waiting to see. Floor length. In the flesh. :p But no one where I live has hair that long so I'll just have to grow my own and look at myself. :D

guccixx
June 4th, 2010, 05:15 AM
The longest I've ever seen in person was this Indian chick who lived in my building with hair that skimmed the ground. She had to wear heels constantly to keep it from touching! And I also hardly ever saw her wear it up - 99% of the time it was free flowing and gorgeous.

Just last week on the subway I noticed a woman with classic length hair that had loose curls. SO gorgeous.

Naturelover
August 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Where I live I don't see much hair past the waistline; however, I have seen women with hair as long as calf-length. I would be lucky if I were to cross paths with those of you with ankle-length or longer 'cause you are my idols :)

Othala
August 7th, 2010, 04:21 PM
The longest hair I have seen in real life was between classic and mid thigh. It was on a 19 year old friend of mine who was/is a Muslim and kept it covered all day long only letting it out at bedtime. I caught her just before she retired and was combing it out. She let me check it for split ends and could not find a single one. Sigh.

Qwackie
August 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Probably lower back, there was this lady with really pretty henna'd hair I saw while getting stuff for the upcoming school year.

BunnyBee
August 7th, 2010, 04:36 PM
The longest hair I've seen is a woman with ankle length dreads, but that is kind of cheating since half of it is probably shed hairs... the other day I saw a girl with a classic length braid with a yellow ribbon braided through it :) I gawped like some kind of tourist sightseeing XD
I've actually seen quite a few classic length longhairs around here, but no longer other than the dreads (which got a few giggles and rude whispers from some ignorant twits)

MissManda
August 7th, 2010, 04:40 PM
The longest hair that I have seen on a woman was in a mid-calf length high ponytail. It looked thick and reasonably healthy, but it could have used a trim. The longest hair that I have seen on a man was between tailbone and classic. My dad used to have a friend who had knee-length hair, so she comes in second place for the longest hair I've ever seen.

Fractalsofhair
August 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I've seen knee length on my brother, but nothing longer than that. The longest I've seen on non family is a girl in my school who has classic length hair(she's Sikh, most people in my school have short hair.). My brother had very unhealthy hair, my peer has healthy hair as far as I can tell. I occasionally see hip, but very long in my town is maybe BSL.

Juneii
August 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM
somewhere between ankle length and floor length, it was this woman I saw in an elevator at a hospital, it was really long! however not very appealing since it was very thin from mid thigh down.

Elenna
August 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I've seen knee length occassionally, but I'm usually too shy to make a comment to that person. I never forget being in a library and saw some people with thigh-length hair. It was magical. I don't know why, but I seem to see really long hair in libraries and bookstores.

LHC meets are different, I can talk to the others. I've met the Countess DeJager and Eryka (knee length?). For the most part, LHCers seem to have great hair color, condition and lengths.

ghost
August 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I have actually seen ankle length!!
I used to sing with a small opera company, and the resident costumer had ankle length brown hair that she always kept in a tight braid. I think I only saw it out of the braid once, and it was *gorgeous*. It got a little thinner towards the bottom but was mostly in good condition. I was amazed.

Igor
August 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I've met DYQ and her hair is well past her feet, plus a few more feet!\

ETA: Aaaaand I just dittoed EdG! Darn our meets!

Picture or it didn’t happen! :gabigrin:

I recently saw ankle length dreads here. Doubt it was all her own hair though and it made me stare in a horrified/fascinated way because she kept almost getting the dreads trapped between her heels and slippers when she walked :p

pepperminttea
August 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM
A girl I took a class with had long blonde hair which she normally wore in two braids. I saw her in the library with it loose once, and it was mid-thigh (and static's plaything, but that's an Alaskan winter for you). Envy is an understatement.

eezepeeze
August 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
In college there was a girl with true floor length hair. It pooled on the ground when she sat.

In my town there are several Pentecostal ladies that have ankle length hair. There are a lot of Christian denominations in my area that believe women should not cut their hair; it is their glory (from the Bible). It's not at all unusual to see hair longer than classic, like knee or midcalf.

Kibitzer
August 7th, 2010, 07:56 PM
When I was a kid I saw a woman crossing a filed with hair between calf and ankle. More recently was a hostess whos hair was between classic and knee.

dropinthebucket
August 7th, 2010, 10:11 PM
My grandmother had hennaed braids to the floor - she used to pile them on top of her head in one of those beehive 'dos in the 60s, and then let them down at night. She cut it short when she reached her 80s, though. I've never had my hair very long, but I'm hoping I got some of her term length genes! :D

BranwenWolf
August 7th, 2010, 10:16 PM
There was a woman at school that I saw only once. I think she was of East Indian descent. She had a braid between classic and knee. What stunned me was it was as thick as my fist. She was talking to someone and laughing and it did a big wide swing around her back.

Jules diamond
August 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I saw a woman walking in the mall with her hair in a ponytail to her knees. It was very thin, but I was still amazed. My friends were looking at me weird when they noticed I was looking at her. :D ;

issalynn
August 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM
When I was a child I wasn't allowed to cut my hair besides an occasional bang trim. My hair grew down to almost my knees.

But the longest I've seen in real life was on a hula dancer. It went down to her calves. However, it could have used a 4 inch trim. Other than some split ends, her hair was gorgeous. And actually, my daughter's godfather used to have long beautiful hair. He grew it out for a little over 2 years and it went down to hiplength.

StormiDoodle
August 8th, 2010, 03:14 AM
The longest hair I've seen in real life was a gorgeous, thick, healthy ankle-length braid on an Indian woman several years back. The amazing part wasn't even how long it was, but how it maintained it's thickness! *swoon*

Eniratak
August 8th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I've seen most hair lengths in real life, actually. The only length I haven't seen is hair that touches the floor.

julya
August 15th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Back in April my sister visited Versailles and saw a woman with an ankle length light brown braid!

EdG
August 15th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I've met DYQ and her hair is well past her feet, plus a few more feet!

Picture or it didn’t happen! :gabigrin: I found the picture of DYQ in our lineup shot from 2008 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=276773

It's easy to pick out DYQ even in a line of super-longhairs. :)
Ed

jera
August 16th, 2010, 01:15 AM
The longest hair I've seen in real life was a gorgeous, thick, healthy ankle-length braid on an Indian woman several years back. The amazing part wasn't even how long it was, but how it maintained it's thickness! *swoon*

Condition is important. Indian woman usually have beautiful thick healthy hair though. It must be all the oilings they do. :)

I've seen most hair lengths in real life, actually. The only length I haven't seen is hair that touches the floor.

Me neither. :(

jera
August 16th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I found the picture of DYQ in our lineup shot from 2008 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=276773

Ed

Cool photo Ed. Thanks for posting it. :)

Henrietta
August 16th, 2010, 01:54 AM
There is a lady in my city who had past knee length braid. Black, thick... Gorgeous. I saw her lately and she cut her hair... to hip maybe? Moir or less hip. But generally I can say that the longest hair I have ever seen was mid-calf.
And one of my schoolmates has TBL hair. She had it into a ponytail on prom so we could see the length. Usually, she has a braid, so it looks shorter.

Igor
August 16th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I found the picture of DYQ in our lineup shot from 2008 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=276773

Ed

WOW and thank you! :D

drquartz1970
August 16th, 2010, 03:27 AM
About 25 years ago I saw a women of Asian Indian descent with hair down to the ankles. That was the longest I ever remembered seeing.

For men the longest was hair at classic length.

That said long hair on both men and women isn't that unusual in the city where I live.

Everyday I easily see at least a few dozen women whose hair is at least as long as waist length plus. And many men with hair at least past shoulder blade length.

A few times a year I see women with knee length hair.

Dolly
August 16th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I live in a small town, with a Pentacostal church nearby, and many of the ladies live in the area. Most of them wear their hair up, but I have seen a few who have been out with it down, and several have thigh or knee length. Most of them have incredibly beautiful hair too....

eicamawa
August 16th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I was on shopping one day, and I saw one lady with almost classic, thick, wavy hair. That made up my mind, I wanted long hair to:p

*Aoife*
August 16th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I saw a woman at a Rufus Wainwright concert with hair past classic. I didn't think it looked great though. It was a blunt cut and it just looked boring! I know it sounds mean but I just thought it would look much better if she DC-ed it and pinned it back from her face a little.

That was longest hair I've ever seen. I don't see many people with big buns (tee hee :D ) either IRL.

Dragon
September 24th, 2010, 03:52 AM
I have seen knee length a few times.

irishlady
September 24th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I saw a woman with beautiful thick classic length hair once :)

Brianna
September 24th, 2010, 04:30 AM
I think the longest I've ever seen was a woman with a thick, almost knee-length braid. :)

Little_Bird
September 24th, 2010, 05:35 AM
I think the longest I saw was a knee lenght ponytail on an indian lady :) On a guy, probably classic lenght...

I love those long hair sights :D I actually followed the knee lenght haired lady for a while, it was so pretty! :o

vdhendrix
September 24th, 2010, 05:43 AM
the longest hair ive ever seen IRL was when i worked at wal-mart. i seen an older woman with thick floor length brown hair and a young guy with classic length dirty blonde hair

JamieLeigh
September 24th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I've seen women with ankle-length hair around here pretty much all my life, due to the churches in the area that encourage this sort of thing. ;)

LittleOrca
September 24th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Arimide's hair is the the longest hair I have seen in real life.... or maybe Countess's hair... :hmm:

slz
September 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Well the longest I've seen so far is mine - I'd LOVE to see floor !! Maybe I'll have to wait until mine gets there :D .
At a time I lived in a very small rural town (1000 inhabitants at most), I was around mid thigh, and there was another girl with same length and similar colour / hair type (well except for the greying). It was funny since it was quite unusual to see even this kind of length here, let alone two people in such a small place. We would just smile at each other when our paths crossed in the street, we never even got to talk or what.

Sheltie_Momma
September 24th, 2010, 02:42 PM
My girl friend that I went to see Tenth Avenue North with last night has ankle length hair (per her husband) but it was up, so I don't know if that counts as my having seen it or not.

swivelhop
September 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
At an airport I saw a girl with free flowing calf-length ash blonde hair in amazing condition. :thud:
Longest on a guy I've seen was a tailbone braid in back, and a belt-length brain front.

Nastasia
September 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM
One of my friends has thigh-length hair. It may be approaching knee at this point, though it's hard to tell because it's usually braided. Another of my friends grew her hair to mid-thigh, then cut most of it off. I don't think I've seen hair longer than theirs in person.

adiapalic
September 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM
When I used to work in the garden center of a commercial chain I saw lots of long hair, mainly on women. (Though not as often as I saw bobs). The longest I saw was on a woman with thick, healthy mid-brown hair down to the middle of her calves.

Antipodienne
September 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM
My very dear friend has mid-calf length hair that she always keeps braided. Granted, she is only about 5' tall... :)

LadyLongLocks
September 24th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Cool thread!

The longest hair I ever saw was my friend Shelly who's hair was to her ankles or close to floor.
It was about 65" long. She is short, so ankle was easier for her!

I have not seen much other long hair in real life. Once thigh length in a braid and one classic length in a ponytail. Both were very healthy thick black hair.

I saw a lady 2 months ago at a store with long blonde hair in a braid to mid thigh. It was pretty.She was over 40 too, which was rare for me to see in my area.

1nuitblanche
September 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM
The longest hair I've seen in real life was a lady in my aunt's church when I was 6. She had hair down to the middle of her calves.

eresh
September 24th, 2010, 04:32 PM
The longest hair I've seen was when I was about 8 years old, in an amusementpark called Efteling here.
She was waiting in line before us and had blond thick straight hair to her ankles (in a ponytail)

I'll never forget it.
She might have been my influence to also want long hair :-)

wvgemini
September 24th, 2010, 04:52 PM
A family friend of mine has lovely blonde hair that is probably classic. She keeps it braided most of the time and it reaches beyond tailbone.

I did find it funny ... only on LHC would you see "she really could have used a two-foot trim.":lol:

Xan
September 25th, 2010, 09:31 AM
The lady I saw had blond hair that looked like a waist length braid but it was looped back up to the top of the braid. I never got to see it down but I complemented her and asked her how long it was, she said it was to her ankles. So cool very inspiring.

linnepinne
September 25th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I've seen both a woman and a man with hair so long it was trailing on the ground! The womans hair was virgin, and a gorgeous medium blonde shade. Her hair was really tapered, but still awesome! She had to wrap it aruond her neck several times, almost like a scarf, to keep herself from stepping on it :)
The man I saw was a proper rastafari with a HUGE CAKE of whaist long dreads hanging down his back. It was a bit icky, but a few of his dreads were super long, and the longest one was touching the ground when he stood up. Neither of them must ever have cut their hair. Just imagine how long that mans hair must have been if it wasn't dreaded!

Beatnik Guy
September 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Well considering that I've met Denise, I have seen floor length hair in person. :D
Indeed. Although, I've also met Lady_Godiva and she's 8 inches taller than Denise. :D

The longest hair I've seen was when I was about 8 years old, in an amusementpark called Efteling here.
She was waiting in line before us and had blond thick straight hair to her ankles (in a ponytail)

I'll never forget it.
She might have been my influence to also want long hair :-)

:thud:
Not your influence to want blonde hair? :silly:

Beatrix_Kiddo
September 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I work doing classes to university students and one of them has butt length hair. She has a great colour but it is damaged and always tangled. If I had that hair, I would take care of it.
Some girls are not aware about the hair they have. That irritates me!

selenechiba
September 25th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I saw a woman with ankle length hair while at work one day. It was blond and surprisingly lovely - made me think, "If only she'd worn odango!". :bunny:

Nicoliee
January 13th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I think floor length is the longest I've seen. I see A LOT of LONG hair though.

Madora
January 13th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Back in the 70s, when I was going to work one day, I saw a young lady with the most astounding, THICK, ash blonde hair in a braid that ended at her knees, with a tassle that was at least 5 inches long. The braid was thick all the way down (no taper) and her hair was in fantastic condition. I stared, and stared and stared. I've never forgotten her.

Angelica
January 13th, 2011, 11:25 AM
The longest, most beautiful hair I have seen was in a card shop in Cardiff. Her hair was in fantastic condition, so thick and long, so Rapunzel like. She had it in a very thick braid that went all the way past her knees and undone it must've been to her ankles at least, and the tassle was long too. I have never seen hair like that since. Her hair maintained its thickness all the way down, I will never forget her hair! She must've been about 15 and I often wonder whether she cut it afterwards, because I am guessing if she did, she would never have it back once she started going to hairdressers etc.

milagro
January 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
One is my late grandmother's knee+ length.
The other a woman I saw in sauna with just a couple inches shy of knee. It was slightly reddish gold color and wavy from bun or braid, she was looking like a Rubens' painting.

MandaMom2Three
January 13th, 2011, 11:30 AM
My almost 7 year old is growing her hair out now and after seeing a pic on here she is trying for ankle!

brunette
January 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've met Lady Godiva (a member here); her hair is ankle length (or was at the time).
ditto this :D

embee
January 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
When I was young there was a slightly younger girl at my highschool with braids that hit her calves. I was *so* envious!

There are some men in this area with very long dreads, but I think of those more like extensions - the sheds would still be there, adding to the length so who knows how long the actual *attached and growing* hair is!

firefly42
January 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
My cousin has hair that hits the floor when she lets it down. I've seen it IRL and it's the MOST astonishingly gorgeous thing i've ever seen.

skyblue
January 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I work in a produce department, once while at work this lady walked by with hair down to her calves and it was in a pony tail! She had extremely healthy thick hair, to was so beautiful that I stopped in my tracks! I wanted to run up and talk to her, ask a bunch of questions, but I was working and she was headed out of the department, she must of been from out of town as I never saw her again.....I was amazed! And I knew I just had to keep on trying!

BrightEyes7
January 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
The longest I've seen IRL was mid-thigh. And it was pretty tangled and damaged looking. But then 5 minutes after I saw that lady I saw another lady with same length but her's was in much better condition. I don't see many with REALLY long hair around here. TBL is probably the longest average length. Hair coloring and razored cuts and flat irons are popular where I live.

Now that I think about there was also a girl who went to school with me who had a classic length braid. I say that because she wore it that way EVERY SINGLE DAY! A low, tight pony tail, braided. For the 4 years we went to school together that is the only way she ever wore he hair. It was black and looked very healthy and shiny... I always wished she would wear it down at least once. :(

Anywhere
January 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I've seen a little girl in a restaraunt with a classic length braid. A girl at my school has long classic length hair as well, but it looks thin but appears to be in good shape.

Caldonia Sun
January 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Just a few months ago, I saw a young woman with classic length in the produce section of the supermarket. She may have been Indian. Her hair was dark, very healthy and she was stunning.

dragonmyst
January 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
When I was about 7 I saw this lady with a knee length braid in a grocery store. The whole braid was very thin, If I remember correctly. I remember watching her walk out of the store and I just stared, sooo pretty, my mom was mortified that I just wouldn't stop talking about it.

When I was 16 my grandmother took me to a Pow-Wow in San Diego CA. One of the drummers was an older gentleman with a very long braid. When he stood up the braid passed his knees.

IcarusBride
January 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
There's a girl I ride the bus with who has knee length hair. I never would have guessed but she once took it down to re-do her updo. Now I feel like I know an incredible secret :D

meggykins
January 13th, 2011, 04:02 PM
About 15 years ago, i remember going with my family to a time share in San Diego. The receptionist had hair that touched the floor! I cant remember the condition of it or anything (because i was only like 9) i just remember it was soo pretty. However, i dont think ive seen longer than classic since then...and even classic ive only seen a handful of times.

rusika1
January 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Recently? Last month at the Eukanuba Dog Show I saw a young woman whose pony tail ended at mid-calf. Loose, it probably ended a few inches above her ankles. This was in Long Beach, California.

lilravendark
January 14th, 2011, 05:41 AM
When I was in high school a girl 2 years down from me had almost ankle length it was well below knee anyway. it was lovely black chinese hair it was thick and in great condition

jc10event
March 2nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Ultra Bella. Your hair is wonderful. So wavy and bouncing layers. Great job.
A girl at the college bookstore noticed I was walking with a hi and some sticking out the middle. When she complemented me I noticed she had a Princess Leiagh style from star wars. She asked if she could help me find a book and as we were looking she mentioned she never saw a guy style his hair mine. Anyway, I dropped my hair and she let her braids down. They kept falling, past her elbow, past waist and hips, past her thighs. Hers was between calf and ankle. It was blond with some red. It was like the Sun. After seeing hers I have been determined to grow mine as close to that as possible.

Dars
March 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hip/classic is the longest I've seen IRL to my memory.

Amber_Maiden
March 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
I once saw a man with dreads- not very well maintained ones however- done to his ankles. Part of one dread was dragging on the ground :(

Silverbrumby
March 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
At my local restaurant in town. The waitress has a beautiful, healthy braid that comes to just below her knee. Barely any taper. She said her mum also has terrific long hair. In fact she had cut off 12 inches because it was past floor length undone.

KwaveT
March 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think I have seen anything on men longer than about APL. The longest I have seen on women is probably classic length hair. The last one of these was one of our customers at work.

Lady Neeva
March 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
One in my school-tailbone length. (she wears it in a braid all the time. Concidence?)

Seeshami
March 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
I saw a lady once with hair that dragged the floor when she was wearing three inch heels. She unfortunately let it do so outside, so when I saw her it looked like her hair had seen better days. However I didn't stop her and inspect her hair so who really knows.:cheese:

holothuroidea
March 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
The longest hair I've seen down IRL is a lady who works at the food market I frequent, she has classic+ length dreads. If dreads don't count the longest I've seen is hip.

Avital88
March 2nd, 2012, 11:12 PM
the longest ive seen irl must have been knee length hair. Most girls here wear there hair between waist and classic so ive got nothing to complain,there are always nice luscious locks in sight..

Becky9679
March 3rd, 2012, 01:16 AM
There's a lady who runs a dreadlock care studio/salon in my town whose own dreadlocks are past her knees and they're in really good condition.

Before I met her the longest I'd seen was on a girl who works in a supermarket who always wears her hair in a high braid which reaches to her tailbone and she says that when it's loose it's mid-thigh

Apriori
March 3rd, 2012, 01:37 AM
I once saw a girl with classic length thick, very healthy and shiny hair. She was walking right in front of me and I couldn't stop starring :D
Long healthy hair is really rare around here. Usually it's either really damaged or it's extensions (and even then it's usually really damaged too)

Tisiloves
March 3rd, 2012, 02:33 AM
There's a guy down the gym who has fantastically well maintained TBL+ dreads. I probably have seen longer though, I used to live in Leicester, which is home to a lot of Asian ladies with head eating buns.

melusine963
March 3rd, 2012, 03:31 AM
I have a friend who's at classic length, but hers has stopped growing now. She told me she's very envious of a knee-lengthed friend of hers. Other than her, I've only seen a very few tailbone length people.

fridgee
March 3rd, 2012, 03:56 AM
Longest I've seen was a lady with dreads. They were tied together around mid calf by making one massive knot with all the hair and leaving a loop hanging through, if that makes sense. So goodness knows how long those dreads are down! Other than that one of my close friends at school was Sikh and had never cut her hair so it was probably classic, but the ends were not in great shape. Last time I saw her she had cut back to about waist and it was beautiful. Another close school friend has hip or classic length straight blond hair that is beautiful. Other than them seeing people with hair past waist is pretty unusual around here.

Eleentje
March 3rd, 2012, 04:18 AM
I used to know somebody who had ankle length hair back when she was a teenager. That's about the longest hair I've ever seen. BSL and WL is much more common here, but sadly most BSL/WL hair I see seems to be in bad shape :(

pink.sara
March 3rd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Meeting Danny Cectai from Eyefear at a gig was amazing as he is probably over 6ft and had just taken his ankle length plait down. It's also the most beautiful hair I've ever seen on a fella too.

Longest on a girl is an irish traveller who's probably about 30 and lives close to my grandparents house, her hair is a natural bright copper and has fat ringlets that tend towards that sausage curl look. It's past classic so straightened must be at least knee.

Lots of the traveller or Roma gypsies have very long hair here in the UK.

Lissandria
March 3rd, 2012, 04:32 AM
I saw a lady at the mall the other day. She was of indian descent and had beautiful hair to her knees. :agape:

redtuss
March 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
My own hair used to be mid-thigh when I was a kid..
On other people the longest I seen was a mid-thigh braid that looked wonderful. Other than that most hair I see is so damaged, dry and frizzy that I just wanna cut it off myself.

Damaged long hair is, in my opinion, real ugly. But long healthy hair is ..well.. guess? ;)

heidi w.
March 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
The longest hair I've seen in real life is 14 feet of hair. I've seen a number of people with nearly floor length or body length hair, as well. Advocate getting to a long hair meeting. That's when you can see these more extreme lengths, typically.

heidi w.

EdG
March 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
I met internationally-famous longhair DYQ at a LHC meet a few years ago. She had about 15 feet of hair.

With DYQ at the meet, everyone else felt like a shortie. ;)
Ed

SnowGhost
March 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
A couple of weeks ago I saw an Indian lady with a braid that came over her shoulder and almost to her knees - imagine how long that is when down!

ratgirldjh
March 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
I once saw a Jamaican man with dreadlocks to his upper thighs! Actually we became friends.

The sad thing is that he would stick all of these dreads up on his head in a big crocheted hat and they would get stuck together if he left them for a while and the weight started pulling his hair out!!!

So he cut it short!!! grrr

Dark40
July 12th, 2018, 03:13 PM
My good IRL friend AnimeOkapi (who never posts anymore) has hair past her knees. We joke that her hair is longer and mine is thicker, so we probably have the same total amount of hair.

I also have a good IRL friend Shondra that used to have ankle length hair in the 1980s. When she graduated from high school she cut it all off up to her hips. Then, when she went off to college she cut it again up to her shoulders. But after a 3 month period it had grown all of the way back down to her hips again!!! Her hair was also very thick too!! I was in total shock that she chopped it all off. But I also in total shock of how fast it grew back down to her hips again within a 3 month period.

Dark40
July 12th, 2018, 03:29 PM
My girl friend that I went to see Tenth Avenue North with last night has ankle length hair (per her husband) but it was up, so I don't know if that counts as my having seen it or not.

I also have a long time girlfriend that used to have ankle length hair back in the 1980s during my childhood. It's been 30 years since I've seen my friend Shondra with hair that long! Nowadays, she keeps it cut up to her shoulders. :( I've tried to encourage her to grow her hair back but it sounds like she doesn't want to deal with it anymore. Because, she probably feels that it's a lot of work. But, I've told her that I used to admire her ankle length hair a lot during my childhood.

Dark40
July 12th, 2018, 03:31 PM
I also saw a lady at a shopping mall with blonde floor length hair. I was in awe. It was in the perfect condition.

Ligeia Noire
July 12th, 2018, 07:22 PM
I met internationally-famous longhair DYQ at a LHC meet a few years ago. She had about 15 feet of hair.

With DYQ at the meet, everyone else felt like a shortie. ;)
Ed

wow 15 ft, how much is that is meters? Crazy!

EdG
July 12th, 2018, 07:35 PM
wow 15 ft, how much is that is meters? Crazy!About 5 meters. DYQ was a Guinness record holder. :)
Ed

Ligeia Noire
July 12th, 2018, 08:26 PM
And you met her? Wow lucky you!

Xan
July 12th, 2018, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=Dark40;3572700]I also saw a lady at a shopping mall with blonde floor length hair. I was in awe. It was in the perfect condition.[/QUOTE
We can dream right. Half way there:)

Xan
July 12th, 2018, 10:40 PM
A couple of weeks ago I saw an Indian lady with a braid that came over her shoulder and almost to her knees - imagine how long that is when down!

Awesome I saw a lady at the store with almost knee,cool to see.

EdG
July 13th, 2018, 09:11 AM
About 5 meters. DYQ was a Guinness record holder. :)
Ed

And you met her? Wow lucky you!Yes, meeting DYQ was like meeting a celebrity. :)
Ed

Ligeia Noire
July 13th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Yes, meeting DYQ was like meeting a celebrity. :)
Ed

Well of course. That is awesome.

TatsuOni
July 15th, 2018, 03:06 AM
Yesterday I was at a wedding and the priest had a braid that reached around FTL (hard to tell exactly as she wore a robe). And yeah, my friends and SO all told me that "she has longer hair than you" :laugh:

Xan
July 18th, 2018, 11:26 PM
Yesterday I was at a wedding and the priest had a braid that reached around FTL (hard to tell exactly as she wore a robe). And yeah, my friends and SO all told me that "she has longer hair than you" :laugh:

Let's get ankle go?

Anastasia Hope
July 18th, 2018, 11:33 PM
ankle length plait on a lady working in a dairy

Xan
July 18th, 2018, 11:38 PM

ankle length plait on a lady working in a dairy

Awesome sauce# goals

Xan
July 18th, 2018, 11:52 PM

I saw a lady once with hair that dragged the floor when she was wearing three inch heels. She unfortunately let it do so outside, so when I saw her it looked like her hair had seen better days. However I didn't stop her and inspect her hair so who really knows.:cheese:

Wow so awesome can you imagine dragging the floor just a little.;)

Pumpkin3826
July 19th, 2018, 08:08 AM
My first semester in college there was a girl who always wore her hair in a bun and one day she took it out and re-bunned it during a lecture. Oh My Goodness, it was so gorgeous. Her hair dropped all the way to the floor, I asked her after class how long her hair was when she was standing and it is Calf length! shudder: She is still to this day one of my hair inpirations, I was so in awe. That was the first time I had seen anything other then waist length hair in person.

TatsuOni
July 19th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Let's get ankle go?

I hope to reach it some day!

Dark40
July 19th, 2018, 06:54 PM
I hope to reach it some day!

Me too! I also hope to reach it someday too! Don't worry. I think you're well on your way to it. You have just about made it to classic already! I really wish that I was there by now. But I know that someday I will make it there soon!

Frazzled
July 19th, 2018, 10:28 PM
I saw it today! I went out to eat at a fancy restaurant and one of the waitresses had a single, thick, mid-calf length braid. Unbraided it would easily be floor length. I couldn't stop staring.

MidnightMoon
July 20th, 2018, 01:09 AM
I saw it today! I went out to eat at a fancy restaurant and one of the waitresses had a single, thick, mid-calf length braid. Unbraided it would easily be floor length. I couldn't stop staring.

Wow, that sounds amazing. I'm surprised she's allowed to wear it down at work :surprise:
Longest braid I've seen was about thigh length, so probably around knee loose.

lithostoic
July 20th, 2018, 11:53 AM
I saw a girl at the airport last month, with knee-length double braids. She could've easily been at floor length stretched (2a/b hair).

Dark40
February 9th, 2019, 04:25 PM
I remember back in late 1990's I saw a lady walking in the mall with ankle length blonde hair but lateley I haven't seen anyone with hair this long in ages.

Dark40
October 29th, 2019, 08:52 PM

Back in the 1980's I used to see a young girl with ankle length hair every week at my church. She would always wear it down. It was sooooo amazingly beautiful! When I saw it for the first time it was dark brown, and as she got older into her late teens she started dyeing it a bright red. It always looked awesome! It never looked damaged or anything. It always looked healthy and shiny. I mean, this girl have the most beautiful ankle length hair I've ever seen!

Ligeia Noire
October 29th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Aiming for solid ankle by Christmas 2020!

DakarNick
October 29th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait!

Sarahlabyrinth
October 30th, 2019, 03:43 AM

That makes two of us!

lapushka
October 30th, 2019, 04:24 AM
Good luck to you both! :)

wildernessbean
October 30th, 2019, 05:39 AM
When I was grocery shopping with my dad (at least 10 years ago, probably more like 12) I saw a girl in Walmart. She was wearing a loose pony tail and about 3-4 inches of it drug the ground. I wondered why she didn't bun or secure it, but she walked around the store with her hair dragging the ground and I was in awe.

Dark40
October 30th, 2019, 06:05 PM

Don't worry. You will get there before then or by then! :)

Ligeia Noire
October 30th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait!

That makes two of us!

Good luck to you both! :)

Don't worry. You will get there before then or by then! :)

We shall all open a champagne bottle when there...

Groovy Granny
October 30th, 2019, 08:54 PM

That makes two of us!

I bet it comes sooner than you both think....you are so very close ....but you both look amazing now:heart:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 31st, 2019, 04:34 AM
Thank you GG! :flowers: It still feels like it's a long way off! Lol. I hope to get there next year, anyway.

Dark40
October 31st, 2019, 12:55 PM
We shall all open a champagne bottle when there...

Yes, I agree...:lol:

Jovana
November 15th, 2022, 10:08 AM
I have a friend with floor length hair. She hold her hair for protect and use a lot of masks and conditioners with mineral oil.

Dark40
November 15th, 2022, 04:25 PM
We've all seen photographs of women with floor length hair, but I've never seen that IRL. So, what's the longest hair length you've ever seen in the flesh? On women and men.

I once saw a woman with knee length blonde hair crossing the street in front of my car when I was stopped in traffic. I was like WOW. :) The longest hair I've ever seen on a man was a bouncer in a nightclub who had a tailbone length braid. Awesome. :agape:

Wow! You've never seen anyone with ankle length or floor length hair IRL? I have as a kid! I saw this girl around the same age as me, she is now my friend at my old church, and it was reaching down to her ankles, and her hemline was also very thick too! It was nowhere thinning as it got longer. She had very beautiful, nice, thick hair.

Now, on a man I have not seen any men in my country with extremely long hair.

BVU
November 17th, 2022, 11:43 AM
My mother was friends with a lady at our local store who always had her hair in a false crown braid in a headscarf, she let it down for me a few years ago and it was dragging on the floor with a thick hemline. She moved about a year ago, I should get in contact with her again lol