PDA

View Full Version : Sparkles/Sparklies!

kabelaced
June 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
You've heard of grays being called sparklies. Well, I don't know how this will go over, but for the purpose of this thread, I'm going to broaden that definition a little...

Do you have sparkles/sparklies/shiny bursts of color in your hair? (Pretty much natural highlights, but not in little streaks like hairdressers do or something. That's just what I imagine when I think "highlights.")

What color are your sparklies? Do they show up in natural sunlight or inside lights (or both)?

The other day, I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and realized how full of golden sparklies my hair was. Usually, my virgin haircolor is kind of a strawberry blonde, so it was a little weird to see it so full of sparkles, especially inside. I love these pretty little sparks of color, though!

BlueMuse
June 3rd, 2010, 12:57 AM
I have lots of red sparklies (and some gold in the summer). I know they show up in the sun, but they also show up in artificial light. Evidenced by one of my co-workers asking if I high lighted, me saying "no" and her replying "oh good, because it looks really stupid all uneven like that". Hah. :laugh::rolleyes:

Debra83
June 3rd, 2010, 01:02 AM
That's so funny, I just posted this pic in a couple of threads yesterday, and then am using it again today!!!

In the sun, because of Henna.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4366&pictureid=73477

kitmarlow
June 3rd, 2010, 01:20 AM
well, I just got back to all virgin hair (yay!) after 1 year of dying red and 1 year of going bald to bob and today I was told that I had red hair.

what?!

so I took a mirror outside and true enough, my dark brown is peppered with red and gold and blonde where it's seen the sun too much. I loooove it, though, and the gold and red bits give it so much more life. I wish I had seen this way before I started dying. I could be waist length!