PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid question of the day

Igor
June 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Moisture. If I want a moisturising conditioner (or product), what ingredients should I look for? :oops:

zenobia
June 2nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
I think something with oils in it is a good bet, such as coconut oil, olive oil, jajoba oil, etc. Also you would want to avoid alcohols. Also if you want to moisturize your hair, you could try the SMT (search Google for "SMT hair." I had good luck with it.

Igor
June 2nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
I’m allergic to aloe vera so SMT is a big no-no for me. I guess my question should be if there’s a purely moisture ingredient out there?

Something that isn’t oil or cones or cholesterol or etc :wink:

BelleBot
June 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
You can still do an SMT without aloe vera. I'm allergic to it too, so I just use conditioner honey and oil instead.

ChrissieM
June 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
The first two ingredients (after water) in my moisturizing conditioner are Stearyl Alcohol and Cetyl Alcohol. I think these are the fatty alcohols that help with moisturizing. This particular conditioner is Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing, and I find it does what it claims to do.

eyesofsummer
June 2nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
I think shea butter is really good for moisture.
Also, here's a list of common hair product ingredients and what they do. I thought it was interesting!
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/ingredients-commonly-found-in-hair-care-products

anniemae
June 2nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
I read that the top 5 ingredients for moisture are:

shea butter
vegetable glycerin
jojoba extract
avocado oil
aloe vera

Cleopatra18
June 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
The first two ingredients (after water) in my moisturizing conditioner are Stearyl Alcohol and Cetyl Alcohol. I think these are the fatty alcohols that help with moisturizing. This particular conditioner is Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing, and I find it does what it claims to do.

Same here,i use a diffrent kind of moisturizing conditioner though but it has the same things.I heard amazing stuff about tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner,you should really try it.

windinherhair
June 2nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
One I know from experience that works really well is the Aubrey honeysuckle rose conditioner and aloe vera and shea butter on the top of the ingredient list.

Just read you are allergic to the aloe vera though. Maybe the shea butter?

RavennaNight
June 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM

Same here,i use a diffrent kind of moisturizing conditioner though but it has the same things.I heard amazing stuff about tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner,you should really try it.

I totally third this recommendation. I am so glad I tried this stuff. It moisturized, and smells so lovely! I might even try their poo! Ooooh! I just realized I haven't tried this stuff as an applied-to-dry-hair deep treatment! Yum yum...

naereid
June 4th, 2010, 04:06 AM
This thread has been useful for me! :)

Protein conditioners are usually labeled "conditioners for dry hair", and it drives me crazy since I know protein and moisture are two different things. What I did was just look at conditioners that LACKED protein (hydrolyzed, wheat, milk, egg...) and hope they'd be moisturizing enough. Now I know what to look for. My two newest acquisitions have shea butter/avocado oil and argan oil. Good to know I bought the right thing. :cheese: