PDA

View Full Version : Long hairs everywhere today, and progress pics

lyneya
May 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
First thing...I went to a sheep and wool festival today and saw long hairs everywhere! It was fun. Mine felt short!!

Then I got home and Shakespeare in Love was on. And I was looking at Gwyneth Paltrow's pretty long hair and realized mine's that long when it's not curly! Her (fake) hair was waist length at best!

I'm always so impressed to see progress pictures and keep meaning to do a comparison pic from last summer. So I pulled out the windex to clean the bathroom mirror...(sad sad sad)...and even put on the same outfit to make it an easy comparison. Looks like even with the big trim this winter, I've still made lots of progress since last August!

This is August 2007.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/lyneya/8-27-07hair.jpg

This is today May 2008.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/lyneya/5-10-08hair.jpg

I think progress pics every so often should be mandatory! I hadn't realized really how much it's grown, especially considering I lost three inches or more this spring, and trimmed before Christmas.

Stephanie
May 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
WOW!!! I love your most recent picture! Your ends are beautiful.

suicides_eve
May 10th, 2008, 10:55 PM
wow i love your waves, and there is noticeable growth there too.Good work!

lyneya
May 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM
wow i love your waves, and there is noticeable growth there too.Good work!

Thanks. The waves are a pro and a con. I have to grow twice as much to show any progress lengthwise. Makes it kind of frustrating.
Right now it's really waist-length, but pops up so much you can't tell. It will take another 6 inches to actually LOOK waist. Argh.

ailin
May 11th, 2008, 12:13 AM
You have beautiful hair! Love your waves.

Emme76
May 11th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Wow! Very beautiful! I love your curls and your amazing color. You sure have had a lot of growth. What´s your routine??:)
/Emme

eadwine
May 11th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I love your hair!! It looks really healthy too :D

DecafJane
May 11th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Your hair looks fantastic!! Congratulations on your progress. I'm inspired. :)

florenonite
May 11th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Wow, your hair's beautiful! Great progress!

n3m3sis42
May 11th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Your hair is so full and pretty! *envy*

lyneya
May 11th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Thank you! You all are always great for an ego boost!!! I just love to see the progress pics too...and remember the grass is always greener...long straight sleek hair has always looked gorgeous to me. Doesn't get so messy during the day! My brother and I got thick dark curls. My sister got the once a generation blonde genes! It's super fine and light blonde and straight, but lots of it. Oh well! So I learn to like what I've got!

Routine: benign neglect. But I have been CO-ing since last summer. It's made a world of difference. I have also been oiling, but never really got the hang of it. I was using Sweet Almond oil because I had a ton of it. But the day before this pic, I'd done my first trial run with coconut oil...a heavy oiling, then bunned all night before CO wash in the morning. It still feels a little greasy, so I don't think I did it quite right.

My every day routine is to airdry on wash day, and other days, either down or braided. And lately I've been naughty and brushing instead of detangling. I usually wash every five days or so. Just depends. And aloe gel is my friend! When frizziness is a problem, I put some in to smooth.

I have learned a ton here the past year or so. Giving up shampoo has eliminated the majority of my flyaways and 99.9 % of the need for mousse or hairspray.

Nynaeve
May 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Wow, nice progress! Your ends look great and the coloring of your hair is awesome!

mellie
May 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous, I love the curls!!! Great growth!

GlennaGirl
May 11th, 2008, 07:41 PM
WHOA. Now that is one incredible head of hair. Wonderful progress!

justpuggy
May 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM
looks wonderful!!! So full and healthy!

Carina
May 11th, 2008, 09:49 PM
OMG:agape:.You have very beautiful hair.It is not short:bow:.

lyneya
May 12th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Thank you guys. Reading your input really does help. In real life, DH doesn't really like my hair, co-workers have been suggesting cute short hairstyles for years, and everyone else just sort of assumes I'm a little wierd. Occaisionally someone admires the thickness of my braid or something, but for the most part my long hair is the elephant in the living room.

Even my long-hair friends don't say anything...because theirs is longer than mine by far, and it's pretty commonplace in the reenactment circle.

I want it to be something special. And it's definately for me. But when I know DH prefers it shorter, and I get lazy and start to see splits...then the nagging idea of chopping comes up. That's what I meant when I said progress pics should be mandetory. Positive feedback is so very motivating!!!

Thank you all for the advice over the past year and for such a great attitude all around!

Xandergrammy
May 12th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Beautiful! Your hair looks great!

KajiKodomo
May 12th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Great progress. Your hair looks awesome! :D

Sana
May 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Wow pretty!!! Nice shine & growth:) Congrats!

suicides_eve
May 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks. The waves are a pro and a con. I have to grow twice as much to show any progress lengthwise. Makes it kind of frustrating.
Right now it's really waist-length, but pops up so much you can't tell. It will take another 6 inches to actually LOOK waist. Argh.

:D oh yeah i know all about the disappearing length, my hair has about 2" of spring in it, when i pull it straight, its past shoulder length, when i let it go it a bit past my ears:shrug:

i can't wait til my hair is long as yours!

DavidN
May 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
What amazing growth in only 9 months, Lyneya, and you have the most beautiful waves and curls.

I have also noticed an overall increase, during my day to day travels, in my long hair "sightings". I see more long hair on both men and women, and lots of guys wearing ponytails.

xrosiex
May 13th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Your hair is beatiful!!!! Really nice waves and it's grown alot.

jojo
May 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
your hair is no way short! its beautiful, wavy and shinny!

Silver Strands
May 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Beautiful! Especially those ends!
Looks like "movie" hair that they spend
a lot of time getting "just so".

psvzum
May 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Your hair is gorgous!!! I love the progress pictures-thank you for sharing : )

Garnett
May 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM
WOW!! That is amazing growth. You have such gorgeous waves. :D

lyneya
May 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM
:D oh yeah i know all about the disappearing length, my hair has about 2" of spring in it, when i pull it straight, its past shoulder length, when i let it go it a bit past my ears:shrug:

i can't wait til my hair is long as yours!

If it makes you feel better...4 years ago, I had really short hair and was getting pretty regular cuts. It goes faster when you don't think about it!! I'd have never gotten past BSL were it not for having my son and only having time for one or two haircuts a year! :)

Thanks everyone! You are all super generous. As for the ends...cameras are deceiving...split ends galore since I misplaced my S&D scissors and started brushing again. But I'm glad they look nice from a distance. :)

RedButterfly
May 13th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Your hair is getting so long! It also looks beautiful and healthy. :)

queenjord
August 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
wow it grew so much considering the trims.. im still waiting for mine to grow.. i love your curls! and the color too

sexyjacksparrow
August 30th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Thanks for sharing your progress pictures. Your hair is so pretty!

winter_star
August 30th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Nice! You have had such great progress. I like your ends and curls, they look healthy and thick.

pdy2kn6
August 30th, 2008, 06:32 AM
wow, great progress. Anything im particular you are doing or eating to get such tremendous growth? You are developing great fairytale ends.