PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Look at the difference in my hair since joining LHC.

rosieex3
June 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well I guess I should say since "creeping" LHC, I didn't actually make an account until a few days ago.

Starting point: Layers and layers of dark brown and black hair dye (I had absolutely no experience with hair dye and would just keep on dying over all of the layers of dye). I would shampoo and condition every few days. So much frizz and dry hair, I had no clue what to do with it at this point.
http://i48.tinypic.com/3160ugg.png

Next: Used two different hair color removers and two boxes of hair dye in less then a week. Yikes! So bad for my hair, but I didn't care one bit. This for me was actually a "good" hair day. I still wanted to get a nice even chocolaty brown hair color, and some auburn highlights, and I was planning on it in 2 months.
http://i47.tinypic.com/mbpb1d.png

And currently: :cheese:
Luckily, after a lot of research, I decided finally on growing out long, virgin, healthy hair. My hair after co-washing, and plopping. I do not use shampoo anymore, and I am never going to color my hair again or use heat or anything damaging on it. It's close enough to my natural hair color, where I can just let all of the dye and damage grow out. My goal length is hip length, and from there I want to maintain long, healthy, virgin hair. I think not having to color my hair would make my life a lot easier!
http://i50.tinypic.com/2m6n0qu.png

I have yet to experiment with oils for my hair to oil it once in awhile (I have such dry hair, and such a dry scalp!) But this will do for now. Thank you so much everyone on LHC for sharing your tips and experiences! I'm afraid what my hair would look like right now if I decided to color it some more and keep up with my previous routines.

hermosamendoza
June 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
wow your hair is georgous now! i understand how you feel.

i quit dying my hair for two years and was okay with it. it was thick. healthy and beautiful then i got bored and broke down and dyed it a georgous shade of red only to find it was half its thickness and brittle brittle brittle. i used henna to regain my thickness and health and am letting my hair grow out the bright vibrant red.

so i am guessing in about 2 or three years it will look like a dip dye job lol but oh well. i am never going to use hair dye again! only henna.

ps you said you dont use shampoo. do you use baking soda? i cannot figure that poo free thing out

May
June 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
That's awesome. Hmmm...I think I saw these pics before in a similar post...great growth though.

loralie
June 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
You've got the most beautiful waves.. definitely a huge improvement! Keep it goin, girl!

paperwhite
June 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Good for you! I felt like a burden had been lifted when I decided to stop dying my hair. It was such a pain to keep up and definitely did some lasting damage, which I'm still growing out. It's a little hard to tell from the first picture to the third, but it looks like you've gained some good length :applause Your hair will look beautiful at hip length!

GoddesJourney
June 1st, 2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, you can definately see how the hair growing in is much healthier and thicker. Yes, not dying (hair) is a wonderful relief of maintenance. Welcome to the community, by the way. You don't have to lurk, you can come in and get comfortable. :D

Tressie
June 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is looking very shiny and healthy! Love the waves! (o:

rosieex3
June 1st, 2010, 08:53 PM
Thank you so much everyone! You girls have gorgeous hair as well. I will definitely keep on taking care of my hair, and babying it. I'm excited to get to hip!