PDA

View Full Version : Had a rather unsmart move last night!

PrincessTieflin
June 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
I tried to highlight my hair, and the beach bled through the cap, so I has STRIPES. sooo what do I do... I decided to just do the whole head with bleach... Yea that was smart..

Now my hair is all fuzzy and I need some advice on taming it . I know I cant 'repair ' the damage to my layers (my ends and roots are still in great shape shocking enough!)

The only other option I have is to trim the layers... Not sure what to do.. I like the color, It is lighter then I wanted but I do like it ;)

Just need to know what kind of a DT to do to help out my poor hair!

breezefaerie
June 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM
I'm so sorry! Maybe a SMT will help?

Lemur_Catta
After bleach, the best thing to do is a protein treatment, followed by a moisture treatment. You can use a commercial one like Kerastase, or make your own with conditioner and soy sauce (the low sodium kind. It works better than eggs, mayo or yogurt because the proteins in it are hydrolyzed.)
You will have to baby your hair for a little, maybe try CO only, and lots of oils, gentle combing and everything you certainly know :) but I think you can have fairly healthy hair even with bleach!

Cholera
Perhaps a protein treatment followed by an SMT?

Dangit, Lemur beat me to it.

Nocturnal
June 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
K-Pak treatment

loralie
June 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Protein (mayo, eggs, cholesterol), then Moisture (honey, deep conditioners, some oil) and Oil.

If the color is too brassy or orangey for you you can get some toner/purple shampoo to make it ashier!

What's done is done, I'm sure you didn't damage it too bad, just give it some TLC and you'll be all good :D