PDA

View Full Version : Willing it long

jera
June 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM
Those here who meditate will know what I'm talking about. Do you ever just will your hair to grow longer. Now that I've mastered my relaxation technique, I'm working on taking time during my meditation sessions to visualize my hair reaching it's goal an maybe even growing beyond that.:)

Does anyone else here do this? Do you visualize even if you're not into meditation? With what results?

Naters
June 1st, 2010, 01:20 AM
I do this all the time..though im not sure if it is actually growing faster. But the positive thinking helps me get through all the negative stuff in my mind.

julliams
June 1st, 2010, 01:43 AM
I do this and sometimes I swear I can feel my scalp tingling but it might just be the blood rushing to my head when I'm lying down???

Henrietta
June 1st, 2010, 02:58 AM
I visualize all the time. Sometimes I can FEEL my hair touching my knees:D And... it helps a little. Or maybe I just make myself believe in it. But anyway, positive thinking helps.:)

Barniie
June 1st, 2010, 03:24 AM
Hey, this sounds like a great idea! any tips on doing this? Greatly Appreciated!

melikai
June 1st, 2010, 04:56 AM
Yep, I do this. :) You have to make sure you don't cause your hair to grow faster, at the expense of the hair's health. It helps to sort of specify to your mind that you want both things, something like "grow as quickly as possible while still maintaining good quality hair".

JenniferNoel
June 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
It works for me, not by much, but it does. It's a matter of not "thinking" your hair will grow long and fast, it's a matter of knowing it will. As in, stop trying to quit damaging things and quit them, I know, I'm stealing lines from the matrix and tweaking them a little, but it's kinda true.
But as far as willing it to grow, not only does it give a mental "illusion" of growing faster, but it helps relax the body and perhaps even produce hormones/etc that will help the hair grow.
Been meditating for quite some time so I do know some stuff about what it does for the body and mind.

Calaelen
June 1st, 2010, 09:39 AM
do you all realize you're using the Law of Attraction when using this technique? It can't fail. By visualizing your hair long, and being able to feel it you are sending those vibrations out, and attracting like.

The one thing you may all do to strengthen this effect is to be thankful for it. Try thinking to yourself. "I am so happy/grateful that my hair is so long". Or try being thankful for hitting your goal length, even if you haven't hit it. ("I am so grateful and elated to have hit my goal length, my hair is in such wonderful condition, and is as I have always been wanting it")

I guess what I am trying to say, is that I use this technique too. I just use specific ways of doing it as laid out in "the Secret" or "Abraham-Hicks" teachings to further these positive thoughts becoming reality.

Here's hoping I don't attract the name of "resident nut" with this post..:o

GoddesJourney
June 1st, 2010, 09:43 AM
Yes, I do this kind of thing all the time and I think it's perfectly natural. Totally happy with it.

Aerith
June 1st, 2010, 10:13 AM
It's so funny that you bring this up! I was thinking of asking this question. I have been looking into the LoA (Law of Attraction) and was thinking of trying to make my hair grow faster and healthier along with other things. I picked up this book yesterday:
http://www.target.com/Secret-Hardcover-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/B002NC4RPM/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton
I watched the movie too. I really recommend picking it up!

Maybe thinking of asking this question actually brought it up. The universe works in such mysterious and wonderful ways to bring you want you want! :) Calaelen really gave some good advice if you want to try this on your hair. Believe it's long, vision your goal and be thankful for it! Make a list about what you love about you and your hair already and read it every day in the morning to start your day positively! :D

Good luck with everything. I will probably be trying this out for my hair eventually too, once I get the hang of it more. :)

Purdy Bear
June 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM
When I meditate, I imagine Im getting treatment by a really advanced race, who know how to heal absolutely everything.

If you want to learn to meditate, I suggest finding a good local teacher who knows there stuff, as there can be some minor pitfalls, if you cant find one, most qualified hypnotherapist should be able to teach you how.

redneckprincess
June 1st, 2010, 10:41 AM
i do this all the time...never realized it was a practice, lol

spidermom
June 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM
I have so many other things that seem more important to direct my mental energy towards - like plugging the crude oil geyser in the Gulf of Mexico. My hair keeps growing without any specific mental help from me.

Rapunzal2Be
June 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM
I believe in this, in imagining things in your life as you'd like them to be, to invite them into your life. I just placed an order with my library for The Secret.

While I do see your point, SpiderMom, and it is very well-taken, I honestly don't see the harm in using our mental energy to bring things into our lives that will make us happy. But yes, I guess if we all spent some time meditating about the Gulf of Mexico oil geyser, we may make a difference.

jera
June 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM
Yep, I do this. :) You have to make sure you don't cause your hair to grow faster, at the expense of the hair's health. It helps to sort of specify to your mind that you want both things, something like "grow as quickly as possible while still maintaining good quality hair".

That's an interesting point, but of course when I visualize I focus on my hair being not just longer, but healthier than it's ever been. I cover every angle.:D

do you all realize you're using the Law of Attraction when using this technique? It can't fail. By visualizing your hair long, and being able to feel it you are sending those vibrations out, and attracting like.

The one thing you may all do to strengthen this effect is to be thankful for it. Try thinking to yourself. "I am so happy/grateful that my hair is so long". Or try being thankful for hitting your goal length, even if you haven't hit it. ("I am so grateful and elated to have hit my goal length, my hair is in such wonderful condition, and is as I have always been wanting it")

I guess what I am trying to say, is that I use this technique too. I just use specific ways of doing it as laid out in "the Secret" or "Abraham-Hicks" teachings to further these positive thoughts becoming reality.

Here's hoping I don't attract the name of "resident nut" with this post..:o

I don't think you're nuts at all. After all, this is LHC and we're all a little hair obsessed here. :o

I believe in this, in imagining things in your life as you'd like them to be, to invite them into your life. I just placed an order with my library for The Secret.

While I do see your point, SpiderMom, and it is very well-taken, I honestly don't see the harm in using our mental energy to bring things into our lives that will make us happy. But yes, I guess if we all spent some time meditating about the Gulf of Mexico oil geyser, we may make a difference.

Though I can't control the atrocities perpetrated by BP and other major corporations polluting the world, I can control my own body, and though it may seem small to others, it's a big deal to me.

Thanks for the book mention. I'll request from my library too. :)

DARKMARTIAN
June 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Interesting. Ive also done this as well. Had no idea that so many other people were doing the same. The will is a powerful force though and it can certainly affect many things.

Ash
June 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
I did for a while but switched to working on other things.

voluspa
June 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM
I'm skeptical, but curious. Has anyone actually measured their hair growth after a periods when they meditated, versus when they had not?

I'm interested in meditation, but mostly for getting my life in order. lol

getoffmyskittle
June 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
LOL, yes, of course. :p

jera
June 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM
Interesting. Ive also done this as well. Had no idea that so many other people were doing the same. The will is a powerful force though and it can certainly affect many things.

Yup we're doing it so welcome to the group. I think it's an important thing to do becuase there is a psychosomatic - physiological connection. I.E. your moods and thoughts affect your body and bring about visible physical changes. Meditation and visualization can help to channel these changes into the direction in which you want them to go. :)

Nandini
June 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
Hi!
Yes I did! And I even lost more than 100 lbs of overweight with hypnosis and visualizing. I know it works. You really need patience and continue on believing the unbelievable even you think of yourself to be nuts and it will work. Important is always be graceful of your achievements. (Sorry for my bad english)!
Nandini

Milui Elenath
June 2nd, 2010, 03:40 AM
I do positive affirmations about loving my hair and scalp and lovingly feeding my body for health (that is affirmation not necessarily in practice) I don't do it every day or every other day but I do it when I feel I need a boost. Positive attitudes about yourself only empower you to deal with other more worldly concerns IMO.
I don't know if it actually works in the short term but there's scientific evidence to show that positivity promotes good health so in the long term I believe it's definitely a go! I do know it works when I'm fighting a cold/flu.

jera
June 2nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hi!
Yes I did! And I even lost more than 100 lbs of overweight with hypnosis and visualizing. I know it works. You really need patience and continue on believing the unbelievable even you think of yourself to be nuts and it will work. Important is always be graceful of your achievements. (Sorry for my bad english)!
Nandini

Congrats on your success. That's really awesome. :toast:

I do positive affirmations about loving my hair and scalp and lovingly feeding my body for health (that is affirmation not necessarily in practice) I don't do it every day or every other day but I do it when I feel I need a boost. Positive attitudes about yourself only empower you to deal with other more worldly concerns IMO.
I don't know if it actually works in the short term but there's scientific evidence to show that positivity promotes good health so in the long term I believe it's definitely a go! I do know it works when I'm fighting a cold/flu.

I wish I had more time to do it. When I first started, I did it three times a day which is one time too many because I just can't find the darned time for all of this and then I start thinking about other things which ruins the effectiveness of meditating in the first place. Doing it daily though, usually in the evening when I'm ready to relax anyway, has made a big difference in my life. I feel so peaceful, I can actually put myself to sleep now. :meditate:

PhillyGirl1978@
June 2nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
You know...I am pretty sure this would work. I meditate quite a bit and I allow myself some time everyday to daydream (visualize) also....picturing things how I would like them to be. So far I have had much success. But for some reason never really tried doing this specifically for my hair. Now...usually,in my day dreams....whatever I am doing....my hair is much longer and exactly how I would want it....that is just how I picture myself. Now...if anything...I do feel that my hair grows faster than the average half inch per month....and I know it grows way faster than it used to. This could be from my better treatment of it too.

I mean....I have used it for material gain, namely a Kindle, I have used it for a new job, and for more money. It's funny....a lot of the things about myself that I have I think I may have because I believe I do. Like, I never get sick, and I think that's cause I believe that I never get sick!lol So why wouldn't it work for hair? I think I'll give it more of a focused shot!lol

young&reckless
June 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
All I could piture when I saw this thread was the old playdough toys where you push the bottom of the doll and "hair" pops out the top.

getoffmyskittle
June 2nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
All I could piture when I saw this thread was the old playdough toys where you push the bottom of the doll and "hair" pops out the top.

Yes, I thought of that too. :lol:

jackiesjottings
June 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
I don't so much now I am nearing my goal but I definitely did will it longer when I first decided to grow mine again. Oh how I wished I could wake up to find 6 inches new growth. Sadly I never did.

jera
June 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM

I've never seen one of those. It sounds funny. :p

pgngrl
June 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
The first thing I thought of was Law of Attraction when I read this as well

"do you all realize you're using the Law of Attraction when using this technique? It can't fail. By visualizing your hair long, and being able to feel it you are sending those vibrations out, and attracting like. "

I'm a newbie, and so wish I didn't cut my hair off (was BSL) and now I'm layered and about chin length AND colored (WHAT was I thinking!?!?). I have now started my journey again, and I'm going for Classic length. I'm 'willing' it numerous times a day!!
~Laurie

Henrietta
June 4th, 2010, 06:08 AM

"do you all realize you're using the Law of Attraction when using this technique? It can't fail. By visualizing your hair long, and being able to feel it you are sending those vibrations out, and attracting like. "

I'm a newbie, and so wish I didn't cut my hair off (was BSL) and now I'm layered and about chin length AND colored (WHAT was I thinking!?!?). I have now started my journey again, and I'm going for Classic length. I'm 'willing' it numerous times a day!!
~Laurie

Hello there Laurie:) I think your journey will be fantastic! :) I am going from BSL to knee an I am "willing" it... all the time :)

-j-
June 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I am kind of doing it.
I don´t actually do "meditation" but other kinds of similar stuff. We´ll see, it´s too early to see the results :)

Henrietta
June 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I also bend my head as much as I can. My ends are at hip then, which is quite far from knee, isn't it? :D But I SEE my mini goal literally.

MonikaHa
June 4th, 2010, 08:29 AM

~Laurie

LOA it is indeed. :)

Melispelos
October 10th, 2014, 09:47 PM
When I meditate, I imagine Im getting treatment by a really advanced race, who know how to heal absolutely everything.

This is a terrific idea! I visualize and meditate often, and I'll use this one for my health problems. Thank you :)

hanne jensen
October 11th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I visualize my hair super long. I don't know if it helps my hair grow, but it sure keeps me from chopping. Sometimes I can actually feel my hair brush my knees and my scalp tingle.

NJoy
December 1st, 2020, 09:27 AM
Reviving this thread. I should've posted back in 2010 when I was regularly doing this. I was able to grow my hair to the exact length that I was visualizing within a year. I haven't been consistent lately but, I'm planning to grow longer than ever so, I'm getting back to visualizing my new length. So far I've grown to hip length 3 times in 10 years. Now onto my new goal, classic length. Anyone else want to join me?

lapushka
December 1st, 2020, 11:33 AM
Reviving this thread. I should've posted back in 2010 when I was regularly doing this. I was able to grow my hair to the exact length that I was visualizing within a year. I haven't been consistent lately but, I'm planning to grow longer than ever so, I'm getting back to visualizing my new length. So far I've grown to hip length 3 times in 10 years. Now onto my new goal, classic length. Anyone else want to join me?

Such a neat concept! Hope you get there! :thumbsup:

Vacurlylady
December 1st, 2020, 01:38 PM
I’ve been willing my hair long... For the past 3 years. And it’s working. I’m not sure of my desired length. I’m closing in on waist (stretched) and started at a pixie. I can’t believe I’m here and not sure where I am going...

momof3mary
December 7th, 2020, 01:17 PM
I sometimes forget how detrimental our self talk can be. I always complain to myself about feeling crappy and having slow hair growth among other complaints. But I'm alive and healthy and I'm going to stop the negative self talk right now. Life is beautiful.

Bat
December 10th, 2020, 06:34 PM
I'm a bit skeptical about this, since hair grows how it wants I guess, might be an interesting challenge to see if in fact I notice something different, but I wouldn't hold my breath

0xalis
December 10th, 2020, 07:16 PM
While I don't really *believe* that doing this has any real impact... I do it anyway :p What's the harm? It's gonna grow either way! ;)

Dark40
December 10th, 2020, 07:57 PM
I do it all of the time. I always visualize how long my hair is going to grow, and that's the goal I've set in my mind.

FaeBroom
December 12th, 2020, 04:54 PM
When I do my yoga practice I try to take time to visualize some simple goals for nurturing myself. I picture myself being strong in mind and body, also vibrating and feeling as much of my my body as I can, including my scalp and hair. I like to think how it'll feel when I can stretch even more, feel my hair down my back more, and breathe so deeply. So in my own way I'm willing it to grow and see my hair growing as a reflection of taking care of myself and loving my body.

Bat
December 12th, 2020, 07:16 PM
While I don't really *believe* that doing this has any real impact... I do it anyway :p What's the harm? It's gonna grow either way! ;)

And your hair grows pretty fast!

1990bzb
December 15th, 2020, 02:23 PM
It's not about impact, I don't think, but a way of looking at it that isn't distressful / obsessive / despairing (if one is prone to that sort of thinking)

KNOWING it will grow, it's sort of surrendering to the inevitable, in any way that makes sense to you.
Thing is, I'm conflicted because I really, really, enjoy my hair short as well. So I just feel at peace with however it's going, and styling and doing fun things like twist-outs + pincurls with it. I don't feel really driven to do anything but take care of it I guess.