PDA

View Full Version : Maid Marion Hair

Naters
June 1st, 2010, 01:05 AM
Has anyone seen the new Robin Hood movie with Russel Crowe yet? Gosh the hair of Cate Blanchett and the other actress who played the role of the french princess~~soo gorgeouss!!

Heres one (kind of a scary shot lol)
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm258444544/tt0955308

and another
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2405010944/tt0955308

Grow hair growwwww:)

Heavenly Locks
June 1st, 2010, 01:10 AM
YES!! My favorite thing about the movie was the hair and horses :)

The princess, yeah... she's got my dream color right there. AND she's making me re-think my decision to grow out my bangs!

Marion, she got a great comment from my DH. Right in the middle of the movie he pipes up "Yeah, like she'd leave it down to get all tangly like that!" :crush:

Naters
June 1st, 2010, 01:13 AM
ahahhaah! I love that comment from that dh! so truee thoughh! im thinking that these both were extensions or wigs right? i know cate blanchetts was, but the other girl im not to sure about..gosh they make it look soo natural!

Tangerine
June 1st, 2010, 01:15 AM
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and loved it. And Marion's hair was gorgeous! As is the French girl's. But what I loved about the way they'd done Marion's hair was that it was .. working hair. Everyday hair. I loved that about the Marion character all together. She was getting stuck in, helping on the land and so on. Sweaty. Loved her outfits too.

I just loved the movie. Sigh. Now I want to go and see it again.

Naters
June 1st, 2010, 01:17 AM
lol Tangerine me tooo, and i just saw it about 4 hours ago! And i definetely agree with the whole wearability factor of marions hair, so rugged yet so classic! loved loved loved it!

Tangerine
June 1st, 2010, 01:33 AM
Ohhhh I envy you! I love that buzz I'm in after just having seen a good movie - a little like being in a half-dream state :D

If I hadn't married my husband I would've married Russell Crowe, for sure. No really. So anything with him in it is bound to be good.
But that said, I really enjoyed the movie itself. One of the things I loved were the gorgeous shots of the landscape, full of trees but free of civilisation.. And the completely empty coast.
Like it once was. (I know there are still plenty of places like that now - but there was just something so evocative and wild and old about the way it seemed here).

Loreley
June 1st, 2010, 01:58 AM
I've seen only the trailer but I noticed their hair immediately! :D
I want to watch the film as soon as I can get it.

DragonLady
June 1st, 2010, 03:41 AM
I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Loved, loved, loved Marion's hair. I wish mine were that thick and full, so I was a bit jealous, but I loved it anyway. :)

Jezzie
June 1st, 2010, 03:50 AM
I loved Marion's hair too! I drooled through the majority of the film and my poor fiance scored the analysis of how they'd done their hair the whole way home hehe

A positive is I've just hit BSL too with my longest layers yay The movie made me even more eager to reach waist and beyond!

missfortune9335
June 1st, 2010, 07:21 AM
Marion, she got a great comment from my DH. Right in the middle of the movie he pipes up "Yeah, like she'd leave it down to get all tangly like that!"

oh that's cute :)
I haven't seen the movie yet, you ladies are making me excited to get out and do that!

BelleBot
June 1st, 2010, 07:30 AM
I'd love to go and see this, not had chance yet, I'll probably have to wait till it's out on dvd. I usually get to see new movie releases as part of my job, but I don't choose which films. I tried to suggest Robin Hood, but it's apparently a "boy film" and "too scary as it's an action film" such a shame. The hair looks gorgeous, yay for long hair!

Wavelength
June 1st, 2010, 08:29 AM
I tried to suggest Robin Hood, but it's apparently a "boy film" and "too scary as it's an action film" such a shame.

Whaaaaat..?!

Robin Hood is scary? Are you kidding me? We're not talking Friday the 13th here. I'm not even gonna comment on the "boy film" part. I've watched all sorts of action films and love 'em. Ocean's Eleven, The Bourne Identity, Heist... I suppose under this criteria, Lord of the Rings and Braveheart would've been "scary" and "boy films" too, right?

Who's telling you this stuff? :suspect:

On another note, I haven't seen this movie yet, but from the comments it sounds better than the Robin Hood film they shot a few years ago starring Kevin Costner. That one was just... no... :doh:

dropinthebucket
June 1st, 2010, 08:34 AM
More of a BBC version girl myself - the new series, with Jonas Armstrong, has its brilliant moments (some not so brilliant ones, too!) - and Jonas has my vote over Russel any day :) - anyway, there's a great scene in the first season's series, maybe the third or fourth episode, where the Sherriff has Marion's hair cut off publicly to humiliate her for helping Robin. Lucy Griffiths (Marion) looks cute in SL hair, but her character misses her long, luscious locks!

RecklessCharlie
June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
I thought the entire film was excellent ('boy' film? What are those anyway? Give me a break!) - the costumes were amazing!! In a totally different realm than the Costner version, you can't even compare the two, the Costner one was so baaaad.
This new one is really a superb film.
And all the hair was fabulous :)
And I want that jacket/tunic that Robin wears when he and Marion are out riding on her lands. So cool!

Tangerine
June 1st, 2010, 09:45 AM
On another note, I haven't seen this movie yet, but from the comments it sounds better than the Robin Hood film they shot a few years ago starring Kevin Costner. That one was just... no... :doh:

Oh, I loved that one too. :D
I've seen it tons of times - everybody seems to have so much fun being in that movie. It makes me smile watching it!

This one is something else entirely. And keep in mind it is more a prequel. It is stunning!

GoddesJourney
June 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
...I tried to suggest Robin Hood, but it's apparently a "boy film" and "too scary as it's an action film" such a shame...

Everything about that statement is sooooo wrong. Yickghhhh!:rant::patrol::pins:

May
June 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Those hairpieces look a little matted actually lol but I like the length...

ButterCup02
June 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
Long hair AND horses? I better go see this movie....LOL!

BelleBot
June 1st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Whaaaaat..?!

Robin Hood is scary? Are you kidding me? We're not talking Friday the 13th here. I'm not even gonna comment on the "boy film" part. I've watched all sorts of action films and love 'em. Ocean's Eleven, The Bourne Identity, Heist... I suppose under this criteria, Lord of the Rings and Braveheart would've been "scary" and "boy films" too, right?

Who's telling you this stuff? :suspect:

Haha, spot on about all those films!
It's the girl I work with, she's learning disabled and has preconceived ideas about girl stuff and boy stuff. Alice in Wonderland was too scary for her, so anything classed as an action film is a no no. It means I've seen every chick flick and kids film going, just not some the of the decent releases. Avatar would be too scary and a boys film etc etc. But at least I get to watch Sex and The City 2, that's a girl film and non scary so it's ok!
I just can't afford to visit the cinema outside of work, so I'll have to wait for Robin Hood. *sigh*

RecklessCharlie
June 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Sex & The City is my idea of a scary movie.
:demon:

No offense to those that like it!

naereid
June 1st, 2010, 04:13 PM
Marion was nice, but I positively swooned whenever that other girl appeared on screen. :cloud9:

I went with my boyfriend and afterwards he asked me whether I liked the movie. I said well, I liked the hair. He said well, I liked the sets, they looked really authentic. At least both of us got something out of it. :p

Wanderer09
June 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Sex & The City is my idea of a scary movie.
:demon:

No offense to those that like it!

I fully agree. ;)

I saw Robin Hood last week and was in love with Marion's hair too. It looked so natural, even though it really wasn't...