PDA

View Full Version : Blog Subscription Access Suggestion

biggeorge
March 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I haven't seen a "suggestion box" anywhere, so here goes.

I'm not sure what can and can't be done on here, but I was wondering if it couldn't be made a bit easier to access the subscribed blogs in your list. Just as we access subscriptions via the "quick links" I would think intuitively that's where the blog access link would be.

I would be willing to forego the "your profile" button on the "quick links" if space is a problem; I always access my profile through clicking on my name in the upper right corner next to the "Welcome" rather than through the "quick links".

Just my two cents worth.

Juliet's Silk
March 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I just thought the same thing when I logged on and tried to access my subscribed blogs - I couldn't remember how I did it, so first I went to "Blogs" and searched for a link there but couldn't find it, then I went to subscribed threads, couldn't find it, until I remembered something in the Blog Controls... there it was. It's no big problem of course, but it could me made more intuitive. :)

ladiosaRosa
March 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I haven't seen a "suggestion box" anywhere, so here goes.

I'm not sure what can and can't be done on here, but I was wondering if it couldn't be made a bit easier to access the subscribed blogs in your list. Just as we access subscriptions via the "quick links" I would think intuitively that's where the blog access link would be.

I would be willing to forego the "your profile" button on the "quick links" if space is a problem; I always access my profile through clicking on my name in the upper right corner next to the "Welcome" rather than through the "quick links".

Just my two cents worth.

I'd vote for this; I access my Profile by clicking my name....like George.

justgreen
March 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM
What a good thing to bring up, SirGeorge. I think that's the main reason I haven't subscribed to any blogs yet, too hard to get to and lately my time has been fleeting on here. :confused:

I love love love the friends avatars on my profile , it makes me grin just looking at the random ones that pop up during the day.:D

snowbear
March 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
As a temporary (or permanent! :)) solution, I've bookmarked my blog subscriptions.
:twocents:

Neoma
March 14th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I subscribed to several blogs, but getting to them is just way too awkward and unintuitive. I'm with biggeorge -- there should be a link in Quick Links.

Overall, I love the new LHC features, but I'm less than thrilled with this one.

Carolyn
March 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Click on your Blog Control Panel and then click on Blog Subscriptions. Of course you have to have subscribed to some blogs! :D Click in your address bar and and drag and drop an icon to your computer screen. Then you can click on that icon and access your subscribed blogs. No going through the main part of LHC. It saves me a lot of time on a rushed morning when I want to check up on my friends and see what they have to say. You have to have the box checked where it keeps you logged in all the time.

Dianyla
March 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I agree that the lack of a direct link to Blog Subscriptions is annoying. This is on the Admin "To Do" list.

In the meantime... making your own bookmark is a good workaround:

As a temporary (or permanent! :)) solution, I've bookmarked my blog subscriptions.
:twocents:

Alley Cat
March 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I agree that the lack of a direct link to Blog Subscriptions is annoying. This is on the Admin "To Do" list.

In the meantime... making your own bookmark is a good workaround:
There must be a lot on that "To Do" list :flowers:

JKRBeloved
March 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
This is so much fun! So much to learn. I hate to admit I didn't even know I could subscribe to blogs. I've spent the last several minutes trying to figure out how to do that, and haven't had any success. I assume it's somewhere in my Blog Control panel, or on the profile or blog of the person I want to subscribe to, but I can't seem to find it. Help?

Dianyla
March 14th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Quick Link to Blog Subscriptions has been added. :)

capelli lunghi
March 14th, 2008, 11:48 PM
This is fantastic!!! Dianyla, YOU ROCK!!! Thank you!!

eaglesflight
March 15th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I have been wondering if there is some way to get the blog subscriptions to show up in a similar manner to regular threads. That being, that I can have only blogs with new posts i haven't read appear, and be able to click a link that will take me straight to the new post instead of having to scroll around and find the last post I read.

Dianyla
March 15th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I have been wondering if there is some way to get the blog subscriptions to show up in a similar manner to regular threads. That being, that I can have only blogs with new posts i haven't read appear, and be able to click a link that will take me straight to the new post instead of having to scroll around and find the last post I read.
I don't believe the software has this current functionality. Sorry. :shrug:

Alley Cat
March 15th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Awesome thank you. :flowers:

icydove
March 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Thank you! Yay! :wethree:

biggeorge
March 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Many thanks; much better!

Neoma
March 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dianyla! I went to my Quick Links, and there was a present, just for me!

Ok, ok, not just for me... But I'm thrilled nonetheless.

This calls for a big ol' hunk o' dancin' cheese!:cheese:

ladiosaRosa
March 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Wow....what service! Thanks!