PDA

View Full Version : Funny worded hair compliments -

Speckla
May 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM
My son said yesterday that my hair looked nice and unfrizzy. :)

Pallas
May 30th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Aww how cute xD

Back when I was about ten with really long curls, someone once told me that my hair looked like I bought it in a shop. Whish she meant a a compliment, as fake hair is pretty apparently XD

jane53
May 30th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Back when I was in graduate school (i.e., back in the Pleistocene, though I've kept the hair), I was meeting with my dissertation director, all academic and businesslike, and he suddenly said, "How do you get your hair so SOFT? Oh, I'm sorry. That was inappropriate." I said, "I just wash it. And thank you."

renarok
May 30th, 2010, 01:27 PM
DH commented on my hair just the other day "It's so large". It looked good to me, but yes, I have large hair.:)

JenniferNoel
May 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM
"You're in to science? Ah, I knew it. The red hair gave it away. How'd you get it so shiny?"
Hah... umm... thanks? Too much myth busters for you! :cheese:

jera
May 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM
My son said yesterday that my hair looked nice and unfrizzy. :)

Aw, that's so cute. :D And it's a compliment too because kids always tell the truth.

trillcat
May 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
From my Step Mom after she saw me back to brown,
'Well, at least it's not that bottle blonde anymore"
*sigh*

LittleOrca
May 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Classmate told me once that I could "make a lot of wigs with that hair." She was not telling me I should, but it was her round-about way of telling me I had a lot of hair.

Aleria
May 30th, 2010, 09:50 PM
My mom was petting my hair and when I asked her why, she said "Well, mine's not long anymore, so I'm having fun petting yours."
Sadly though she won't grow hers out because it's stick straight, fine and won't do anything but ponytail at longer lengths, so she keeps it at between chin and shoulder.

naereid
May 31st, 2010, 01:11 AM
Aww how cute xD

Back when I was about ten with really long curls, someone once told me that my hair looked like I bought it in a shop. Whish she meant a a compliment, as fake hair is pretty apparently XD
When I was a kid, I told my grandmother that her very expensive pearl necklace was sooo pretty... like it was made of plastic! :cheese:

Masara
May 31st, 2010, 04:26 AM
A friend once said she liked my hair because it reminded her of a squirrel. It took me a moment to work out it was a compliment. She meant it changed colour depending on the seasons, not that it was an annoying rodent.

PiroskaCicu
May 31st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Being called "Cousin It".... lol... I have the same colour...except I don't have pin straight hair.

spidermom
May 31st, 2010, 06:58 PM
My DH said he liked my braid because "I could tie my boat to the dock with that thick thing."

AlleyKitten
May 31st, 2010, 07:15 PM
Whenever DH vacuums the upstairs, he says things like "there's enough hair here to choke a goat" and "you could make wigs for a whole ward of chemo patients with this" as he's cutting it off the beater brush. I choose to take it as a compliment ;) (though, really, some amount of it is his, at BSL and thick).

Also, the other day, he said my hair was "frizzy" but he meant it as a compliment. I think he was talking about the little baby hair "wings" I get on either side of my forehead, which I've been told before are cute. I tried to explain to him that frizzy is not a good word to me, but eventually gave up and focused on the fact that he liked it.

HintOfMint
June 2nd, 2010, 02:47 AM
After I took down my hair from a side braid: "It's like a mane!" It was New Orleans, it was humid but he meant it in a good way :p

BritishBraider
June 3rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
"Big hair dude" courtesy of father-dearest :)

Capybara
June 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Awh, how cute!

I've gotten the "The end of your braid would be so good to use as a paintbrush!" comment a couple of times :p

sweetestday
June 3rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
I think of the time I told my future husband that his head looked like a baby bird. (He was losing hair, becoming bald, and had fuzzies on top.) At first he was offended, then later he decided it was a compliment because I was a wildlife rehabber, and raised mostly baby songbirds. He figured I must have thought he was cute. I don't remember what my thoughts were at the time, but I think he figured I liked him from that point on.

Topaz
June 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
A man once asked me if I was wearing a wig, because my hair was to beautiful to be real.

JenniferNoel
June 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
I've gotten the "The end of your braid would be so good to use as a paintbrush!" comment a couple of times :p

That is my favorite one to get. I remember them days... :p
My hair is too short to receive any compliments in that way at the moment but I can't help but smile.