PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take Royal Jelly?

Mrs Sgardelis
May 30th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I've just bought Royal Jelly in it's natural (close enough) state, I read it's good for energy, but I've never taken it. Anyone take royal jelly regularly that can tell me about any other benefits?

Purdy Bear
May 30th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I used to take Royal Jelly, and it really made me feel a lot better; this was inconjunction with a multi vitamin with extra Iron, Evening Primrose oil and cod liver oil. I stopped taking the RJ for a while and noticed the difference.

I cant take it now as I have a pollen allergy.

(NB If I remember rightly, Royal Jelly is that which the Bees provide to feed the Queen Bee of the hive, thus Royal Jelly, it normally comes in capsule form).

Edited to add: I also took odourless Garlic in tablet form.

naereid
May 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I heard it's really good for the immune system.

Yozhik
May 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM
There's a great short story by Roald Dahl about Royal Jelly! I recommend it to everyone :)

On a more serious note, I take bee pollen every day, and I really like it. My mom swears that it keeps her depression at bay and gives her crazy amounts of energy. I'm sure this applies to Royal Jelly as well, probably even to a greater extent, as it contains more concentrated forms of pollen goodness.

Hope that helps! :flower:

HappyHair87
May 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hmmm...i wonder if i should try this. I'm Bipolar tho and i try to stay away from things that give you energy bc they can cause me to become Manic....but would you recommend it to someone like me?...since it seems to be good for depression sufferers??

Mrs Sgardelis
May 31st, 2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the information everyone! It is all helpful:)
I need the energy badly at the moment, will be working every day for the next 5 months:(

Sarahmoon
May 31st, 2010, 06:10 AM
Where do you buy this, or pollen? Health food store?

Purdy Bear
May 31st, 2010, 10:35 AM
In the Uk, its pretty much anywhere you can get vitamin supplements, so both health food stores, chemists/pharmacies etc.

You may also be able to get it straight for the Bee keeper, but Iv never asked myself.

Sarahmoon
June 5th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Bought some today, at a health food store :) I'm curious if I will notice any difference.

beez1717
June 6th, 2010, 01:56 PM
royal jelly is just so yummy :) That's why I use it.

Forever_Sophie
June 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'm tempted to try this now! Great to read testimonials. I work in a health food store and we sell it in the energy section (along w/ Ginseng, Rhodiola, Ashwaganda, etc).

ibleedlipstick
June 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Keep us posted! I am interested to see if it makes any difference, but I'm vegetarian and it is right on that cusp of animal product, so it would have to make an EPIC difference for me to take it.

Mrs Sgardelis
June 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to give an update, I've only been taking this for 2 weeks but I'm pretty sure the Royal Jelly is helping my energy it's the only thing I've changed and this last week I've been waking refreshed BEFORE (this is huge for me!) my alarm and not so exhausted when I finish work. Also been reading that it's good for hairgrowth, but it's way too early to tell.....so here's hoping!!

Just wanted to add.... My husband bought this from the Bee keeper, came in a little vial similar to an EO bottle, wasn't cheap I think it cost 25 euros, but we're both taking it daily and after 28 daily doses it's still pretty much full.

ButterCream
June 14th, 2010, 08:36 AM
How cool! Thanks for sharing, I have been curious about this actually:)

Fill us in if you see a change in hairgrowth too. But the energy level result is really awesome on its own:D