PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I will grow to tailbone......

UltraBella
May 29th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I didn't think I wanted my hair to get any longer, it's a lot to take care of, but I just measured it and when I pull my waves down I am at tailbone. I say I am at hip, because that is where my hair sits, so I have decided that I want to grow it until it rests at tailbone without me pulling my waves straight. Then I think I will be done. Maybe I will maintain, maybe I will go for a big trim. Hmmmm.......

loralie
May 29th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Oh, decisions decisions... at least you have options! I've got a couple of years to go until I hit hip :P

Just teasing you lady! :D Try it out, if it gets to be too much, you can always trim back. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

jane53
May 29th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I'm at hip and I'm thinking of growing it to tailbone.

It's either that or cut it off short--which for me would be BSL.

I don't know why I would bother keeping it long if I'm just going to wear it up all the time, as some people here do. On the other hand, I'm trying to learn updos for variety (I'd spent years wearing my hair in a dull ponytail) and I've discovered that either my hair is rebellious or I'm a klutz.

I found a picture of myself from 35 years ago with TBL. Maybe I'll do it.

spidermom
May 29th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I go back and forth all the time. Do I want to grow until it stops growing on its own so I can find out now long terminal length is on me? Do I want to cut back to waist with layers?

All I know for sure is that I'm growing to classic length and will likely maintain there or grow a little longer for 1 year. After that, well - it's a mystery.

TiaKitty
May 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing yesterday... I saw a woman walking away from me in a parking lot, and her hair ws done in a caterpillar pony tail, and it was down to the bottoms of the back of her knees. And she wasn't very short, either!!!

It made me envious, but not in a bad way. I hadn't thought I wanted my hair that long until I saw it on her. It made me curious if it was her terminal length and what my terminal length would be...

jane53
May 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM
what's a caterpillar ponytail?

MsBubbles
May 29th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hee hee. Do it Ultrabella! Dooo iiitttt! The great thing about this site is that there is usually somebody else with yours, mine, everbody's hair type who has gone before and achieved what we thought was either not possible for our own hair or just plain crazy.

I have never seen anybody with hair as thick as yours, Ultrabella. I think you are in a thickness category all your own. And I mean that with the utmost envy :).

EdG
May 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM
One common theme for new people who join this board is that they soon want their hair to be... longer. Maybe even much longer.

Hanging around with the LHC crowd can do that. :D
Ed

jane53
May 29th, 2010, 09:41 AM
EdG, I kinda want mine to be shorter. I've had long hair for 44 years.

But I don't want to regret an experiment!

UltraBella
May 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Lol, thank you. Someone asked me if I am an iv instead of an iii. Is there really such a thing ? Every hairdresser I have gone to in my life has said I have the thickest hair they have worked with. ( which has lead to a few disasters in the past ! ) And to think I was bald until age two and my mother worried I would never have hair ;)

EdG
May 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Welcome jane53 and Ultrabella!

There are quite a range of hair length goals among LHC members.

Another common theme is for new members who had previously considered their hair to be quite long, now think their hair is only moderately long. Meeting some of the extreme longhairs here can do that. :D
Ed

pinkbunny
May 29th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I've been worried a few times that I wouldn't be able to grow longer than a certain point, but after giving myself time to adjust to handling the new length I find I quite like it - you never know if you don't try! And like mentioned before, if it's not for you, it can always be trimmed back a bit...

Feng-Shui
May 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome jane53 and Ultrabella!

There are quite a range of hair length goals among LHC members.

Another common theme is for new members who had previously considered their hair to be quite long, now think their hair is only moderately long. Meeting some of the extreme longhairs here can do that. :D
Ed

You have so quite EDG. :D

First I wished tb long healthy hair.

Some LHC of members are guiltily which I classic length wished later.

Celuriel, CinnamonHair and Sophie Marceau in Braveheart are guiltily which I wish knee length now.:lol:

@Ultra Bella

But Ultra Bella, your hair is now already very beautiful.
It belonged also to the strongest hair which I saw here.:thumbsup:

To whatever desire length the time you will always lead.

Your hair will be beautifully there.:flower:

Pixna
May 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
UltraBella, I just had to pop in to say your hair is STUNNING!!! I do wish there were more categories for thickness, as some people's hair (like yours!) defies the standard categories. Having a broader range for volume would allow the ultra-thick-haired gals and guys a special category that is more realistic.

Carolyn
May 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Your hair is lovely! There is nothing wrong with going for another "landmark". So many of us surpassed our original goals and went for more. I've been to tailbone twice, cut back and grown again. I'm on my way down again. Long hair is so much fun :)

UltraBella
May 30th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Yep, I am definitely going for tailbone *without pulling my waves straight* but I do want to start curling my hair again. I just like how it looks so much more. I am willing to put my large barreled curling iron away if I can somehow obtain the same results. Suggestions ?????

Belisarius
May 30th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Yep, I am definitely going for tailbone *without pulling my waves straight* but I do want to start curling my hair again. I just like how it looks so much more. I am willing to put my large barreled curling iron away if I can somehow obtain the same results. Suggestions ?????
Perhaps scrunching or plopping, but apart from that i don't know any.

Feng-Shui
May 30th, 2010, 07:02 AM

You can try the old methods.

With rags roll over night. :)

In " Our little house" Series can see you good like Mrs.Olsen and Nelly it do.

It lasts more time nevertheless without heat is better for your hair I thinks.:thumbsup:

Henrietta
June 1st, 2010, 03:18 AM
Grow to TBL! It's awesome lenght!:)

And about curling- I discovered it yestarday- You Tube, "The sock bun secret (no remaining hair!) ", just copy and paste it, YT should find for you a video made by a girl with nickname Loepsie. In the first part she does regular sock bun but fast-forward it to 4:00 min. There's a diferent sock bun. And then on her channel she has a "How to curl your hair with a sock! No heat " video, try this method. I think you'll need a big sock for your lenght but it's worth trying! :)

UltraBella
June 1st, 2010, 03:45 AM
Thank you, I will watch it :)

Cupofmilk
June 1st, 2010, 07:42 AM
I love your hair it is so thick and bouncy ! I have done Hip and tailbone - both are great lengths - I found them relatively managable to.
Perhaps in 2-3 years time I will be back there too

breezefaerie
June 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
UltraBella, no matter what you decide your goals are, you have gorgeous hair!