PDA

View Full Version : nails are growing like crazy!

beachlover
May 29th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Since I started taking hair, skin & nail vitamins my nails are super strong and growing like crazy but I have'nt noticed a change in my hair, I wonder why???? I'm happy about my nails but wish my hair was growing just as fast. Has anyone else noticed this too????

Loreley
May 29th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Yes. I've taken the vitamins for two months and my nails are very long now but my hair doesn't grow faster.

CrisDee
May 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM
OH yes, my nails are growing way faster, and for the first time in my life, they're not breaking! :cheese: I've been hanging out on this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15943) evil enabling thread, helps take my mind off my too-short hair, plus it gives me LOADS of great nail hints! :)

dropinthebucket
May 29th, 2010, 10:26 AM
my nails are growing superfast with MSM - waiting for the hair to take off, though - maybe it takes longer for the hair to catch up and show a change than it does the nails?

Fairlight63
May 29th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Yes, I have noticed that they grow faster also. I think that I can even "feel" them when they are growing. For a few days they will have a tingling or something feeling then the next day I will notice that they need to be cut again.
My nails seem to grow in spurts then nothing for a while then grow again.
But I can't tell that my hair is growing at all. Wish that I could "feel" my hair growing like I can my nails.

Feng-Shui
May 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM
You see successes first at the nails.

At the hair can see you after 4 - 6 months.

It is a good indication if you successes at the nails sees that it helps which you to do. :thumbsup:

emmabovary
May 29th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, my nails are growing too fast for my liking at the moment! I'm taking Silica and MSM, apart from my multivitamin. But, some of them are still breaking! And it's always thumbs and index fingers, and sometimes the middle fingers... what the hell? Why? My pinky and ring fingers are great all the time...

Oksana
May 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I have been taking hair, skin and nails suppliment for 2 months and my nails are the longest and strongest they have ever been! Previously they would grown no more than 3mm and be really soft and flaky and peel off.

My hair has been growing faster but i am using monistat/daktarin so i can't really tell which one is making the difference.

lhangel9
May 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, my nails are growing too fast for my liking at the moment! I'm taking Silica and MSM, apart from my multivitamin. But, some of them are still breaking! And it's always thumbs and index fingers, and sometimes the middle fingers... what the hell? Why? My pinky and ring fingers are great all the time...

emmabovary - I feel the same way. But get this.....I'm left-handed and the fingernails on that hand are so long that I have to cut them EVERY week (folks are ALWAYS asking me how did I grow them so long) AND the fingernails on my right-hand are all broken and chipped (wth????). I'm taking both MSM and Silica along w/ a Multi. My nails are growing so fast it's sometimes scary. However, my hair seems to be just waiting for something because it's not showing any growth, but it's slowly getting thicker. Oh why couldn't it be the other way around i.e. hair growing SUPER fast and the nails could take their time growing.

rosek
May 30th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I've noticed this too - I've been on a hair skin and nails for about two months. I think my hair is just too long to be able to tell at the moment, but I'va always been pretty happy with my growth rate. Although I have had to trim my bangs twice this month... maybe it is speeding up?
In any case, my nails are growing like weeds! I'm going to keep taking it just for this, even if I can't notice a change in my hair.

Purdy Bear
May 30th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I want to try the hair, skin and nail vitamins, but I need to be careful whats in them due to allergies. I have ordered some Jelly (I think you call it Jelo in the US) to eat. Apparently this is supposed to make the nails a lot better.

I used to have really awful nails and good hair, then my hair went and now I have good nails.

emmabovary
June 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
emmabovary - I feel the same way. But get this.....I'm left-handed and the fingernails on that hand are so long that I have to cut them EVERY week (folks are ALWAYS asking me how did I grow them so long) AND the fingernails on my right-hand are all broken and chipped (wth????). I'm taking both MSM and Silica along w/ a Multi. My nails are growing so fast it's sometimes scary. However, my hair seems to be just waiting for something because it's not showing any growth, but it's slowly getting thicker. Oh why couldn't it be the other way around i.e. hair growing SUPER fast and the nails could take their time growing.

I'm lefthanded too! And it's mainly my righthand nails that are broken, while my left hand nails need to be filed down a bit every day! Actually I'm thinking it's mechanical damage - I work in a restaurant so I do get a lot of water on my fingers. Think about it, when you're washing a plate you're holding it with your right hand and using the sponge/brush with your left hand, right? Maybe it would help to use a hand and nail cream.

Amelia
June 1st, 2010, 04:14 AM
Paraphrasing the character of 'Nan' from Catherine Tate "What a effing liberty!". I'm sorry, i had to get that out of chest. I've been taking hair etc vitamins and although my hair seems to be growing, my nails never seemed worst. They are breaking all over the place, i have to keep them so short it almost hurts. :steam

alwayssmiling
June 1st, 2010, 09:07 AM
Yes, I've been taking both skin, hair and nails, plus 2000mg of biotin (in a hope for hair growth boost). Have been taking since christmas and have notice the past couple of months I'm having to file my nails down for the first time in my life. They are so strong and are growing perfectly - they used to grow a little bent. However, no noticeable difference in growth speed, still the usual 1/2 inch each month :rolleyes:. My virgin hair is so silky though, but I'm doing so many other things its not necessarily be the vitamins.

rapunzhell13
June 1st, 2010, 09:27 AM
If it's working for your nails, there's a very good chance it's working for your hair too! It's a good opportunity to pamper your nails, if for no other reason than to take your mind off hair growth. :p Works for me!

ASillyKitty
June 1st, 2010, 09:33 AM
The skin, hair, and nails vitamin from GNC made my nails grow in faster and thicker! It worked on my hair too but it took longer. In fact, I stopped taking it after a few months because my facial hair wasgowing in darker and thicker too! I think it takes longer to notice hair growth because it takes awhile for the new growth to get long enough to see.