PDA

View Full Version : So close, yet so far - goal line pic idea

Debra83
May 29th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I do not know why I never thought of this before, unless it's not enough chocolate in my diet, but tonight I was trying to figure out how to take a picture of my goal line and my hair length (I don't do photoshop), AND a little light bulb came on to use my belt! I even roped my son in to taking the pic for me!!!

I'm surprised at how close it looks in the picture, but know that the distance for growing could be quite a long time coming yet. Any guesses? My hair is wavy, but for the picture I heavily coconuted it. STILL looks wavy though. Oh well, I can fool myself that I'm actually thismuch closer because of it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4366&pictureid=73143

jera
May 29th, 2010, 01:20 AM
That's a cool idea. Your wavies look awesome. :)

jackiesjottings
May 29th, 2010, 02:42 AM
That is a neat idea :) I made myself a hair growth chart at the end of 2007, stuck it to the back of my spare room door, and every couple of months put a new line on that to show where my hair is, and that works really well too.

JamieLeigh
May 29th, 2010, 02:58 AM
The length you have now seems to be about halfway between where you started and where your belt is. I'm guessing another year and a half for you, since you joined up here a year and a half ago. ;)

Great idea, btw! If I had a good ending length in mind, I might use that. I'm just kinda maintaining here to try to gain thickness after my shedding. :/

Debra83
May 29th, 2010, 07:59 AM
That's a cool idea. Your wavies look awesome. :) Thanks!

That is a neat idea :) I made myself a hair growth chart at the end of 2007, stuck it to the back of my spare room door, and every couple of months put a new line on that to show where my hair is, and that works really well too. That's a cool idea too. I guess you have to use bare feet, though, eh? Or always make sure you are wearing the same shoes?

The length you have now seems to be about halfway between where you started and where your belt is. I'm guessing another year and a half for you, since you joined up here a year and a half ago. ;)

Great idea, btw! If I had a good ending length in mind, I might use that. I'm just kinda maintaining here to try to gain thickness after my shedding. :/ I hope it is faster than a year and a half! I did 6 trims and one cut since joining...I'm going to try not to trim until I reach my goal, or a little bit past so I should get there quicker. Did you go through a normal shedding? I haven't really experienced that yet.

Capybara
May 29th, 2010, 08:06 AM
It does look close! Your hair is getting long :)

I guess I sort of do this too, except that I measure up from my goal to my hair :p Neat idea!

Debra83
May 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
It does look close! Your hair is getting long :)

I guess I sort of do this too, except that I measure up from my goal to my hair :p Neat idea!

How do you measure up from your goal to your hair? Like, with a tape measure?:confused:

Emerson
May 29th, 2010, 07:15 PM
That's a cool idea. Your wavies look awesome. :)

I agree, love the waves :)

Debra83
May 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I agree, love the waves :)

Thank you!!! :D

lhangel9
May 29th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Beautiful hair - great idea!

Debra83
May 29th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Beautiful hair - great idea!
Thanks!!!! It only took me 19 months to solve this dilema!!! Imagine what I could accomplish if I had 500 years on the planet!!!! :eyebrows: