PDA

View Full Version : I want to see pictures of long 3a curls! Esp. fine/thin hair

OperaTeacherMom
May 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM
My hair is not quite shoulder length right now, and after finding the Curly Girl method, and starting co-washes and protein treatments, have discovered that I am a strong 3a, with pretty fine/thin hair that is highly porous.

I would LOVE to see some pics of long hair with those same properties, to give me some idea of what I have to look forward to :)

Off to post some more to make sure I can see any pics that are posted...you have to have 25 right?

Quixii
May 28th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Mine isn't particularly thin, but I do believe it is fine and 3a. I have two albums full of my hair. :) (If you don't have enough posts to view albums, I could select some favourites to post for you.)

ItalianFlower
May 28th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Quixxi wins. Her hair is probably the best ever. :D My hair isn't that long, but I'll post some here anyways. :D

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/OneItalianFlower/IMG_0258.jpg

OperaTeacherMom
May 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Both of you ladies have awesome hair! Ok I feel inspired now, I can do this! Last time I grew my hair out I knew nothing about caring for curly hair, so it looked flat and frizzy :(

ItalianFlower
May 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Girl I know exactly where you are coming from. :) I didn't know how to care for curly hair so badly that there is literally a gap in my photographic history from age about 10 to about 16 because I couldn't stand my own image. :) Now I love having my picture taken. You'll get there. I can't wait to see how your hair looks when you get enough posts to put up your own! I love having other curlies.

OperaTeacherMom
May 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
How many posts do I need to be able to post a picture? 50? I thought I had put up a profile picture but it's not showing up :(

Peter
May 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Your profile picture shows up for me! Cool curls! :)

manderly
May 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Mine isn't terribly long yet, but I'll throw it in here too :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2251.jpg

Barniie
May 28th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Im jealous. :) I have some natural, funky waves, but is there a way to 1. bring them out to a more curly standard and 2. stop them from flattening? Thanks love you all xx

ItalianFlower
May 29th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Barniie, I messaged you so we don't clutter up the thread but some kind of blanket advice for those who are curious (or at least places to start; everyone's hair is different, after all)
1) Conditioner Only, or at least leaving extra conditioner in. Curls need moisture!
2) Coming/touching hair only briefly and only when soaking wet.
3) Plopping, or taking all of your hair and scrunching out the soaking wetness using a towel...or a tee-shirt for less friz if you are 'shower-in-the-day' person, a pillowcase if you let your hair dry overnight...

Gypsy
May 29th, 2010, 02:27 AM
you should check this site, as well.
her hair is gorgeous and she does a great job showing old pics of how much trouble she had with her hair in the past, so you can the progression of her hair journey and the glorious result!
http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome/
I've been watching her site for years and go back every now and then when I lose faith in taking decent care of my hair, lol!
I friend requested her on FB, and she accepted which is great because I can see updated pics, now!

Barniie
May 29th, 2010, 04:23 AM
thankyou everyone!