PDA

View Full Version : My layers are seriously driving me mad!

Svenja
May 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hello there!

I am growing out many layers and so far I have been okay with them. The shortest one is now at my earlobes and it's ok. However, when I wear my hair down occasionally those layers stand up and it looks as if i had not brushed my hair in ages. Like a proper "I had a nightmare sleep" thing. It's not really frizzy, it's just wild. I can braid and brush as much as I want, these layers are "standing".
The worst thing is that these exploded layers look very dry and frizzy, but they do not feel dry at all. I had my sister have a closer look and she says the layers do not look or feel any different than the rest of my hair...

I have started using sheabutter in order to keep them under control but it does not help.

What can I do?

Thank you!

LoveMyMutt
May 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I don't know, but I'm in the same boat. I think they look like that because they are needing a trim, but since I'm trying to grow everything out I won't be trimming.

Is your hair wavy? Mine is wavy/curly and they are definitely at an awkward stage where they want to curl up and look like hair horns. Bleah to growing out layers!

Svenja
May 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I am totally in the same boat with you here. I have 2a wavy hair and I reckon the layers want to go wavy/curly but have not reached that stage of looking nice yet. They'd need a trim badly but I want to grow them out, so I cannot trim. If only there was a good way of keeping them tamed...

C_Bookworm
May 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Ugh I was there a few months ago. Now I am long enough to braid but the layers stick out.:mad:

About the only way I could deal with layers was to have a really loose updo with a wavy look, where layers sticking out looks kind of natural.

emmabovary
May 28th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Well, for my curly hair, if I cut it too short it will stick out - it's trying to curl but isn't long enough to do more than half a curl = stick straight up instead...

Svenja
May 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM
So it seems we have found the reason for this hair-conspiracy :D - thing is: what to do?