PDA

View Full Version : this is really sad but I know you guys will understand!

jojo
May 10th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I have reached a kind of Goal, my hair gets caught under my arm pits! how cools that!

I told my husband as he tolerates my hair fascination, 'aww what a shame' he says, then he looks at my face all beaming and says ' thats great sweets if you like it' :shrug: bless him!

Just wanted to share x

DavidN
May 10th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Congratulations, Jojo! Every little milestone along the way is another reason to celebrate!:cheer:

Peggy E.
May 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Took him a second to figure out this was a "good thing," huh?! Some of you guys have a nicest husbands/partners! ;o)

Now, ME, I don't like it if my hair's getting stuck in freshly deodorized underarms! Yuck.... Always something, isn't there?

jojo
May 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM
DavidN it most certainly is, i was chuffed to bits!

Peggy E. he is the best in the world, now the deodorant thing may bug me once the novelty has worn off!

Now step catch in jeans!

Mrs_Zombie
May 10th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Congrats Jojo!! I look forward to the day when i TOO will have hairy armpits, wait...i mean hair caught in my armpits. LOL :D

Seriously, that's amazing!! And you have a very sweet husband!!

jojo
May 10th, 2008, 10:47 AM
LOL!! hairy armpits rock!! the head hairy ones that is!

annarose
May 10th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I remember the armpit milestone, it was wonderful. Not the deoderant getting all over my poor ends though :D . I am now waiting for the jeans part too.

Great growing jojo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I have reached a kind of Goal, my hair gets caught under my arm pits! how cools that!

I told my husband as he tolerates my hair fascination, 'aww what a shame' he says, then he looks at my face all beaming and says ' thats great sweets if you like it' :shrug: bless him!

Just wanted to share x

Grats!!! My first goal was to "successfully cover my breasts" not that I was going to walk around in just my hair, and not that you were going to walk around trying to stick your hair in your pits, so I understand! haha.
Glad he is happy for you being happy. :)

Kittee
May 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
LOL! I remember when that happened to me!

Wait for "I just dipped my hair in the toilet bowl length." Another memorable milestone.

Celebrian
May 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
jojo, are you at 24 inches with hair catching in your armpits? I'm same length, but mine doesn't. Grrrr!

But then I have a rather long neck, about 7 inches plus... maybe that's why. Also sloping shoulders.

GlennaGirl
May 10th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Congrats on your hairy armpits, JoJo, and what a wonderful guy you have there!

eadwine
May 10th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Woohooo!! Congratulations :D

RavennaNight
May 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Congrats! It's a novel feeling. I had that a few months ago and got really excited too. I have pondered, however, the whole "oops my hair skimmed the toilet" thing, because it dawned on me one week ago while flushing. I realized that one day in a year or so it may happen, and what I would do if it did... Sorry. TMI. Its just awesome when you realize your hair met a new milestone. Its great your DH is supportive. Mine is as well. Keep growing! :)

jessie58
May 10th, 2008, 12:39 PM
JoJo, when I hit the under the armpits length, it was winter and I was shedding heavily. I used to take my sweaters off at the end of the day and they would have these disgusting hairballs caught in the armpits of them. :bigeyes:

Congratulations, it's a great stage to hit. Be careful, because now you'll be catching it in the car door whenever there's a wind. ;)

camillacamilla
May 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Congrats Jojo! I seem to be at the "crumb catcher/food caught in my hair phase". That's a nice way to make a good impression.

Lamb
May 10th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Congratulations on reaching a new milestone, jojo! :cheese:

paper
May 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Congrats Jojo on reaching your goal! :applause

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM
jojo, are you at 24 inches with hair catching in your armpits? I'm same length, but mine doesn't. Grrrr!

But then I have a rather long neck, about 7 inches plus... maybe that's why. Also sloping shoulders.

Hmmm, good question, Jojo, have ou updated your measurements yet?

Xandergrammy
May 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
:joy: YAY!! Congratulations, jojo!

Phalaenopsis
May 10th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I've just reached that milestone too. :cheese: It tickles sometimes, doesn't it? :D

Congratulations with your milestone :flower:

Sherri
May 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Way to go girl! I am so happy for you. I am almost at the catching in the waistband.

SarieQ
May 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Grats!!! My first goal was to "successfully cover my breasts" not that I was going to walk around in just my hair, and not that you were going to walk around trying to stick your hair in your pits, so I understand! haha.
Glad he is happy for you being happy. :)

LOL, that is my next goal too! :o

Congratulations JOJO! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
LOL, that is my next goal too! :o

Congratulations JOJO! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Who knows wy some women have the boob-coverage goal? It has to do with princesses or something. :p

psvzum
May 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I feel your excitement! Your hubby sounds like a sweetie : )

buttons
May 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Only at LHC would people appreciate something like getting your hair caught in your armpits or dipped in the toilet when you sit down :p

Congrats, jojo :D

Curlsgirl
May 10th, 2008, 07:20 PM
That's great Jojo! I remember that too but for me it took longer than 24 inches. Mine takes longer for EVERY milestone. Sigh. I am happy for you though!!!

bruteforcegrl
May 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Congratulations, jojo,
Your husband sounds like a keeper.

After 3 years on the journey of hair growth, I am increasingly grateful for this community of people who understand the odd mixed blessings we encounter along the way.
bfg

tiny_teesha
May 10th, 2008, 09:50 PM
YAY jojo, but i too and tired of getting deodarant on my ends...lol

eta- to confess at first i thought you were going to say as i hovered over the topic and read something about getting caught your armpits, i thought you were going to say it was annoying and you cut it off and haveing long hair was not for you! I'm glad it didn't take that twist!

Emme76
May 11th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Great going jojo. :D
I canīt wait for my hair to get caught in my armpits...lol...I will for sure be beaming just like you. Maybe I have about 2 years of growth before that will happen...lol...

Your hair looks very beautiful, by the way!!!!
/Emme

DecafJane
May 11th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Hooray! Congratulations!
I don't know what is stranger - that you are excited about this, or that we are congratulating you. ;)

Starr
May 11th, 2008, 01:48 AM
That's great Jojo! I remember that too but for me it took longer than 24 inches. Mine takes longer for EVERY milestone. Sigh. I am happy for you though!!!

I feel your pain Curlsgirl. . . It's a burden we curly's much bear.

And congrats Jojo! :cheese:

jojo
May 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM

I am queen of the giraffe necks mine is 7" too, I must have higher armpits or something!

jojo
May 12th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Hmmm, good question, Jojo, have ou updated your measurements yet?

oh you bugger, you made me reach for the tape measure;) presently at 24.3", im putting my growth down to the kelp, long may it continue!

jojo
May 12th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hooray! Congratulations!
I don't know what is stranger - that you are excited about this, or that we are congratulating you. ;)
ROFL!!! I know because im a hair loon, whats your excuse?:p

Nynaeve
May 12th, 2008, 08:30 PM
oh you bugger, you made me reach for the tape measure;) presently at 24.3", im putting my growth down to the kelp, long may it continue!

Haha. Well, I'm glad you are liking it, even if you didn't wanna reach for the tape measure. :p

Curlsgirl
May 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I thought of this thread last night when my hair got caught in DH's armpit!!! He said, "I don't think THAT has ever happened before!" LOL!

levelek
May 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats Jojo!

[snip
Wait for "I just dipped my hair in the toilet bowl length." Another memorable milestone.

LMAO!! Has this been added to that article on official hair length terminology?

ladystar
May 13th, 2008, 09:53 AM
This is wonderful JOJO. Congrats. I am not sure if I ever went threw this stage. hmmm

KajiKodomo
May 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Congrats on the getting-stuck-in-my-armpits length! :D

jojo
May 15th, 2008, 08:49 AM
thanks guys!

atlantaz3
May 15th, 2008, 02:34 PM
My hair is now getting caught under the dh's armpits - maybe that can be a new goal length!

twilight
May 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
LOL!! this goal is so funny--when i *finally* got there, i had a neurotic paranoia that i would accidentally whack my ends off while shaving my armpits! i told hubby about it and he just looked at me like i'm insane.

seriously though, i have to pull all my hair to one side b/c i'm terrified of shaving it by accident. hehe.

suicides_eve
May 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM
oh your so lucky! i have a few more months ahead of me before i can declare that i too have my hair stuck under my arm pits;)

suicides_eve
May 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
LOL!! this goal is so funny--when i *finally* got there, i had a neurotic paranoia that i would accidentally whack my ends off while shaving my armpits! i told hubby about it and he just looked at me like i'm insane.

seriously though, i have to pull all my hair to one side b/c i'm terrified of shaving it by accident. hehe.

:misskim::rollin: pre tlhc i used to do this to my ends all the time ,my hair would be on my back but as soon as i rasied my arms up i had this layer of hair that would hit my pits right as i would be shaving:roll: i found it funny you mentioned it

MadPirateBippy
May 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I think it's awesome that your enjoying this little milestone. I only hope I'm as gracious when I start getting my hair caught in my butt crack (it already goes there while showering thanks to sheds and my hair gets longer when wet) and dipping it in the toilet on accident.

I am pretty sure I'll be happy, but at the same time, debating boiling my ends....

Nynaeve
May 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM

haha. That's why I hate leaning down to shave my legs, my hair is at *that* length. :shudder:

Saranne772
May 16th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Lol thats great!! Your hubbys reaction is funny ;)

Nynaeve
May 16th, 2008, 12:52 AM
My hair is now getting caught under the dh's armpits - maybe that can be a new goal length!

Hehe. I'm still trying to figure this out. :p